• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

disneysurvey.com BWV survey debacle

Wes

Mouseketeer
After our stay at BWV, I received the postcard that said that they had "selected a small, but significant cross-section of our guests" to take part in a survey at www.disneysurvey.com.

So I thought "Okay, I was pretty pleased with the time we spent at BWV, though there were some problems that definitely needed to be addressed. So I will pitch in and complete the survey."

I made it about halfway through the survey when I realized that the response that I gave on the prior screen needed to be changed. But there was only a choice of NEXT or RESUME LATER. So I used my browser's BACK key -- which led to a catstrophic failure of the survey. From then on, hitting NEXT or RESUME LATER just brought up failure screens. Everything I had entered was apparently lost ... AND even if it was not, the last entry I had made did not accurately reflect my response.

I would think that the designers of the survey would have enough foresight to expect that people are going to not do everything the way they want it the first time and thus build in a BACK function.

So the bottom line is that the "small, but significant cross-section" is now even smaller, since I have no inclination to spend all that time just to do it all again. AND I still have not been able to raise to them the problems that needed to be addressed.

Anyone else receive the postcard or have similar troubles?

I've got the survey after every trip, DVC or non-DVC. I always laugh at the "small but significant cross section". I wish I could be so lucky at getting picked for other things!

If you wait 15 minutes and start again it should bring you to the point where you hit the back button. Just to to the main site and re-enter your password. I just did the same thing, but was able to get back in.

That's interesting.

Last summer, I took an internet survey after staying at BWV and had pretty significant problems; I never completed the questionnaire. A few weeks later I received another postcard indicating the problems that were present with the web site with a request that I take the survey again. This time there was no problem.

Perhaps you might be asked to re-take the survey.

Perhaps you will get to take a survey about the survey problems.

I'm sure that was frustrating.

Well, after a few days of letting the frustration with all the lost effort of my first try diminish, I tried again.

I almost made it all the way through too. But then the same thing happened. I needed to change an answer, and there was no way to go back and change it. So all my answers from that point on are totally worthless, since they all depended on the response to the original question to determine which questions to ask next.

There was also a question that was YES-NO but which referred to a question on which you could check up to 3 boxes. So if you were not all YES or all NO on your experience relating to the three boxes, then there was simply no way to answer the survey to accurately reflect your experience.

At the end of the survey, they do let you put in comments and they do give an e-mail and a postal address to which you can also send comments. And I told them the above.

Taking the survey was not at all magical. They really could do a lot better job, and I am really surprised that such simple things as a BACK function were not built in in the first place. Such poor quality design definitely falls below Disney standards.

I took part in one survey about the guide books. I felt the answers were preordained. The way the questions were worded didn't allow for much deviation from what I saw as the desired response. How were the questions in this survey presented?

Pre-ordained would be too kind a word. We received a survey request after our October OKW visit. The visit was very positive, but there were a few areas I wanted to address in the comments boxes. The boxes only take 256 characters of text. That's a very small amount and allows about 40 words or less to be written. I found this very odd given they ask you to comment further on any less than perfect responses. I wrote to the webmaster for the survey site with my concerns and he replied promptly that the decision to limit comment sizes was made by Disney as many other clients allow much longer field lengths. He further noted that part of the reason for the limitation was due to the volume of surveys they process for Disney each month and Disney's unwillingness to pay more to store larger survey files. I'm not sure it makes sense, but it sounds to me like Disney uses a software program to quantify responses and target problem areas. They do not have a qualitative process to review comments.

Originally posted by BigTigger
[OKW Survey]... there were a few areas I wanted to address in the comments boxes. The boxes only take 256 characters of text. That's a very small amount and allows about 40 words or less to be written.

The BWV survey had problems, but this was not one of them. I was able to enter as much text as I needed.

Other than that final multiple-choice question's follow-ups and the failure of the thing to let me go back and change an answer, I think the survey let me indicate what truly reflected my thoughts and experiences and did not force me into some pre-ordained result.

I received a survey last yr after our AKL vacation and then again after our Aug vacation for the BC. I ALWAYS fill these out, that password code is attached to my name and address. AND not knowing exactly how they distribute codes and pins. I fill them out. (which I did receive the 40% off pin for this past aug trip - and also received the recent free dining code).

Jennifer

We have been a "Select Few" chosen to complete a survey each of our five trips this year.:lmao:

Have y'all ever noticed in the customer service phone survey after talking to Member Services that it asks you, "Were your needs met during this call? Press one for yes or two for no." But when you "press one for yes," it still asks, "If your needs were not met, please tell us why. Press 1 for ..." Not one of the responses works if your needs WERE met! Why do they even bother to ask if my needs were met if regardless I have to tell them why they were not met!?!

Disney surveys ... reminds me of military intelligence and postal service ... two words that just do not go together! Can you say oxymoron??? If they aren't careful, "Disney service" may become one of those combinations. Sad.

Blahnde

I do customer and employee surveys as part of my job, and have noticed that Disney's surveys are poorly constructed from a best practices perspective.

They often don't provide a neutral answer, the questions are sometimes worded in a leading manner, and the degrees of satisfaction are sometimes weighted toward the positive end of the spectrum.

In the survey company's defense, Disney probably provided them with all the questions & possible answers, and they were given little opportunity to make improvements.

I've been in this situation, and have published surveys that I know are worthless due to their poor design. IMO, the less interested a company is in getting a good sample, the less serious they are in making significant changes. They're just trying to reinforce what they already believe to be true, or please management by stacking the chips in their favor.

I would think that the designers of the survey would have enough foresight to expect that people are going to not do everything the way they want it the first time and thus build in a BACK function.

AGREED! In fact, I have put that very issue on the "comments" section at the end of the survey many times! I guess they haven't modified it yet then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter