DisneyStore.com - awesome site but crazy shipping prices!!!

Disneystore.com shipping prices make you feel:

• Great - i love the convenience of being able to get my stuff when i want it...

• Fine - i accept them, but would like them to be a little lower...

• Ok - i don't really think about it...

• Frustrated - it actively prevents me from buying items i would otherwise love to own...

• Mad - i don't visit the site because the shipping puts the items out of reach...

• Other - cause there has to be an 'other' option

Results are only viewable after voting.

alicia1506

DIS Veteran
Afternoon all...

just wanted to share a minor frustration (and by minor, i mean, it only irritates me every single time i visit disneystore.com, which is like, oh, 2-3 times a day :badpc:)

shipping to australia/nz/the world outside of the usa and canada.

i mean, honestly????

i wanted to buy a $200 dooney. and the shipping from the disney store to my home in australia was going to run me $175. that's 3/4 of the price of the item just to ship it.

if i added in any other items, the cost of shipping became more magical... pixiedust:magically expensive, that is, and jumped to $205. :furious:

i mean, honestly???? :sad:

i understand shipping can be expensive, but i buy online from usa retailers all the time... clothing, travel goods, electronic items, books, homewares, regular stuff, and i have never paid exorbitant prices.

sure, sometimes i'll pay extra for a rush delivery or a quicker turn around, but nothing that exceeds or even comes close to the value of the goods.

yes, i'm frustrated. it's annoying that i pay $1200 in flights to get to disney to then spend money on souvenirs that i would otherwise be able to buy from disneystore.com ... except when i'm home and trying to save up for my $1200 flights + holiday expenses, i certainly don't want to pay $100 on shipping just for $80 worth of goods. that's crazy. :faint:

so, often, i miss out on buying great items only available online at the disney store, because i can't justify that kind of shipping. :badpc:

i've written to disneystore.com and i've filled out comments in their surveys. no response received, ever, about why their shipping is so exorbitant or whether they will offer better/faster/cheaper options in future. nothing, nada.

please, please tell me i'm not alone in my frustrations here :stir:

I wanted to buy $124 worth of vinylmations...and it was going to cost $96 in postage to Australia... that's just crazy!:sad:

Come on Disney, give us international visitors a chance to buy the awesome stuff you have at cheaper shipping fees. Other USA sites are now coming to realize we Aussies have money to spend!

We don't want free shipping (if only) but we want rates that don't send mickey scampering back into his mouse hole in horror!

Disney store.....fair go mate and give us Disney lovers some awesome shipping rates!::yes::

Bonza!:wave2:

At the moment, this isn't bothering me (I'll have about 10 packages waiting for me at the Hojo). But, wait until 2 June, when I'm boarding the plane home, I'll be in tears! I don't think I'll ever be able to go on the Disneystore site again, and I'll have to cancel all those damn emails they keep sending me!
Maybe we need to set up an Aussie Disboards "who's going to Disney and can bring me back a Dooney" thread:confused3

I wanted 2 mugs, salt and pepper shakers and 2 pins, postage = $60
You can not be serious!! :furious:

I'll pay for postage from overseas, I do all that time, but that is just ridiculous!

I'd be willing to bet that if Disneystore made themselves more appealing to overseas customers by making their postage prices comparable to what the actual costs were it would definitely open up a whole new market.

While we're talking about being ripped off should we discuss DL and WDW rates that are available to UK visitors but not Aussies?
Sick of being discriminated against because I live on the other side of the world!

At the moment, this isn't bothering me (I'll have about 10 packages waiting for me at the Hojo). But, wait until 2 June, when I'm boarding the plane home, I'll be in tears! I don't think I'll ever be able to go on the Disneystore site again, and I'll have to cancel all those damn emails they keep sending me!
Maybe we need to set up an Aussie Disboards "who's going to Disney and can bring me back a Dooney" thread:confused3

And then we'll have to start a 'who'll pay for the excess baggae for the brought back Dooney's' thread!

The shipping costs drive me nuts, too. I have sent stuff to friends in America to hold onto for me until I arrive later in the year, but I'd rather have it now because it's something I want to use now. It also means that I have to allow for these purchases in my baggage allowances.

Many of us do use Disney.store to order and have shipped to their US hotel but that means less luggage space and allowance to purchase more stuff in the parks/on the cruises etc to bring home. You only have to look at AustralianKaren's TR for proof of her shopping, but it would be far easier to have things shipped directly to your own home.

I, too, have left feedback on their site after placing an order questioning why the terribly high prices and have never received a reply. I don't want to ask people to bring back things for me as I feel like it's a bit rude to take up so much stuff in their baggage (unless it's something little like a magnet or pin or whatever).

I had SO MANY PARCELS :scared1:...they thought I was importing goods......I have on each trip gotten between 5-10 parcels from disney store.....sent to WDW or hawaii or DL...cause they have FREE SHIPPING....saved me a small/medium fortune cause we can then also get the great sale items...:badpc:

oh yeah,i think it's great that disneystore can ship to usa hotels etc for free and we can take advantage of that, but i don't see how it can be THAT cost prohibitive to ship to other countries. i mean, if i can buy it off a regular ebay person and they can ship it to me for less than $20, how come disney wants to charge me $100+ for the same privilege.

it's disgraceful.

and yes, i also hate (a strong word and one i don't use very often) the fact that european (or UK) customers get such fabulous deals for wdw or dlr, but those of us in Australia or NZ get no deals, or deals that are so totally not worth it (like the g'day australia one that included a promotional pin and some kind of welcome party... that's cute and all, but doesn't compare to 35%off room rates, free dining etc).

australians have just as much income they are willing to dispose of at the house of the mouse... why do they make it so hard for us to do so???

Try calling Merchandise Guest Services (+1 407 934 6111), I’ve made purchases through them several times and find the shipping a lot more reasonable as they charge based on weight (while Disneystore.com charges by the value of the items).

It is so frustrating!! There is so much money I would spend but I just can't justify the shipping.

And then we'll have to start a 'who'll pay for the excess baggae for the brought back Dooney's' thread!

I guess I'm in a different position to everyone going to WDW. I don't have lots of luggage for different climates and don't have to worry about domestic luggage allowance.
We have 2 bags each of 23kg, so 184kg! Hoping not to use it all, but you never know!!

could you use a mail forwarding service, I usually find the price for postage comes down a lot

Which one do you use Anne?

shipito is the one I have used in the past, I am trying to be good this year, but whenever I end up on the website it is too tempting. They consolidate shipments which is usually what I end up doing 5-10 orders into one box from a variety of sites

I wanted to make a simple $50 purchase but the postage was the same amount. I will just wait until I get there but really wanted to make a great surprise you are going to WDW gift. Now will just give them the cash.

And another one who gets very frustrated about great travel deals. We are a big and growing market share. It would be nice if we could be treated as such.

This is a sore topic for me. I don't even bother looking at Disney Store online because it's too disappointing seeing all the gorgeous stuff that I can't have due to the RIDICULOUS shipping costs! I wanted to buy a $35 t-shirt and they were going to charge me $50 shipping. On another US site I bought a t-shirt and they charged me $20 for rush shipping! Now I know international postage is expensive, and I don't want to rip anyone off, but $50 for ONE T-SHIRT??? :confused3

I did check with some of those US forwarding companies, but they were also going to charge me around $40 for my t-shirt. I think they only pay off if you consolidate lots of orders, and I really just want to buy one thing once in a blue moon (well, what I really WANT to do is a different story :lmao:). Also it is great that they will ship to your US hotel for free, but aside from the luggage problems, it also only works if you are actually going to the US sometime soon :rotfl:

It does also bother me that there are such great deals for the UK, when they already have DLP just a few hours away by train! And they also have Disney stores of their own. Here in Aus our closest opportunity for a true Disney experience (not counting Disney movies or Disney on Ice of course) is HK (at least 8 hours by plane)! Come on Disney, give us Aussie fans a fair go!

OK rant over :rolleyes:

shipito is the one I have used in the past, I am trying to be good this year, but whenever I end up on the website it is too tempting. They consolidate shipments which is usually what I end up doing 5-10 orders into one box from a variety of sites

so...tell me more........I need to know:yay:..is there any sites that wont ship to a consignment place???

so...tell me more........I need to know:yay:..is there any sites that wont ship to a consignment place???

Only 2 places I have come across so far forever 21 and candy warehouse.
I think sometimes if you read the stores policies it does tell you, but you can also get them to purchase for you (though you end up paying more but depends how much you would like the item)

My shipping has never been above $90 since using them, and that's combining A LOT of things (3 or vic secret orders, 5 or 6 amazon orders ect)

Only 2 places I have come across so far forever 21 and candy warehouse.
I think sometimes if you read the stores policies it does tell you, but you can also get them to purchase for you (though you end up paying more but depends how much you would like the item)

My shipping has never been above $90 since using them, and that's combining A LOT of things (3 or vic secret orders, 5 or 6 amazon orders ect)

so you found them reliable.....do they wait for all the parcels then repack?? or send them individually???? if i am going to shop..i tend to do 10-15 orders at a time.....crocs, disney, amazon, ebay,pbs ,walmart etc......

ohhhhh exciting times:yay::yay::yay:my poor poor visa card:sad:

I'm from Canada and ordering a 40 dollar product results in 103.00 charge with shipping. It irks me that I have to basically pay double the price of the product in order to have it shipped to me.

so you found them reliable.....do they wait for all the parcels then repack?? or send them individually???? if i am going to shop..i tend to do 10-15 orders at a time.....crocs, disney, amazon, ebay,pbs ,walmart etc......

ohhhhh exciting times:yay::yay::yay:my poor poor visa card:sad:

Check out the options there are a few. But they will hold them I think off the top of my head for 60 days and you can consolidate them, they will take pics and email you each time a parcel arrives, and as they consolidate they will show you pics of the process as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter