Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes, I have recent experience at both. At YC Market we ordered the GF Cuban sandwich. It was made at A&C and delivered to The Market for pick up. We often ordered breakfast from the BC Marketplace. They made the GF waffles there in house, and we noticed that it was a Minnie waffle! 😍

Hope you don't mind a few more questions..... Did it take long for the sandwich to be delivered? Like, within 15 minutes? Did they give you a pager? Did you have to talk to a specific CM/chef or did you order with the first available CM?

TIA :goodvibes

We just checked in to the beach club today day and we’re booked in a standard room. We are on the 3rd floor, and have a refurbed room, and a full balcony— and the view is of the roof.

Donald, Goofy and Pluto were roaming the lobby earlier this afternoon when we checked in.

If anyone has any questions I will try to answer while we are here — we check out the 18th.
Hi, thanks so much for these pics! Do you know do any rooms have walk in showers or is it all tub/showers. Thinking of staying CL at BC. I think the lounge and all is open now. Appreciate the pics. Has the construction impacted your stay at all? Have a nice holiday!

Kind of a specific question but does anyone know if the standard rooms at BC have carpeting? I have pretty bad allergies and it seems like no matter how clean a hotel room is, carpeted rooms mess me up. It looks like refurbished rooms generally don’t.
Yea I think all refurbed rooms have hard floors.

Hope you don't mind a few more questions..... Did it take long for the sandwich to be delivered? Like, within 15 minutes? Did they give you a pager? Did you have to talk to a specific CM/chef or did you order with the first available CM?

TIA :goodvibes
Not at all! Happy to help. :hyper2:

We ordered the sandwich in the evening, likely during the dinner rush at Ale & Compass. It was a busy time at the resort, Spring Break and Easter week. The resort and restaurants were hopping. The cast member taking the order did take time to make sure everything was correct. She rang up my order on the computer register but had another cast member take a handwritten order ticket over to Ale & Compass. She explained to me that their sandwich press or flat top at The Market was not gluten-free certified, so it had to be prepared over there. She also offered the option of GF waffles if we wanted food in a hurry, as they made those right there in their open kitchen. I declined, and was really excited to share the GF Cuban Sandwich with my DS11. She said it would take about 20 minutes, and the overall experience was great. She was so kind. We walked over to Stormalong Bay and found a table and chairs in the pool area, then walked back to pick up our order. We did not get a pager, but can't remember if one was offered and I declined? Memory fails me there. We would get a pager for food orders at Hurricane Hanna's.

Sadly, the sandwich was not that great. I assumed, since they offered a GF version, that it would be served on a GF Cuban-style roll. It was not, and instead was on untoasted GF white sandwich bread. Not the greatest. I was too tired to go back to A&C to ask that it be toasted or pressed.

During this trip, we mostly mobile-ordered breakfast from The Marketplace at Beach Club. One time the waffles were slightly burnt, but other than that, perfection. Since I mobile ordered from the comfort of my hotel bed, I did not talk to the chef. They also have an open kitchen set up, so would be easy to ask to speak with the chef in charge of the allergy friendly items.

Kind of a specific question but does anyone know if the standard rooms at BC have carpeting? I have pretty bad allergies and it seems like no matter how clean a hotel room is, carpeted rooms mess me up. It looks like refurbished rooms generally don’t.

The refurbished rooms in the DVC villas have carpet, so beware if you get tempted to move over there.

Not at all! Happy to help. :hyper2:

We ordered the sandwich in the evening, likely during the dinner rush at Ale & Compass. It was a busy time at the resort, Spring Break and Easter week. The resort and restaurants were hopping. The cast member taking the order did take time to make sure everything was correct. She rang up my order on the computer register but had another cast member take a handwritten order ticket over to Ale & Compass. She explained to me that their sandwich press or flat top at The Market was not gluten-free certified, so it had to be prepared over there. She also offered the option of GF waffles if we wanted food in a hurry, as they made those right there in their open kitchen. I declined, and was really excited to share the GF Cuban Sandwich with my DS11. She said it would take about 20 minutes, and the overall experience was great. She was so kind. We walked over to Stormalong Bay and found a table and chairs in the pool area, then walked back to pick up our order. We did not get a pager, but can't remember if one was offered and I declined? Memory fails me there. We would get a pager for food orders at Hurricane Hanna's.

Sadly, the sandwich was not that great. I assumed, since they offered a GF version, that it would be served on a GF Cuban-style roll. It was not, and instead was on untoasted GF white sandwich bread. Not the greatest. I was too tired to go back to A&C to ask that it be toasted or pressed.

During this trip, we mostly mobile-ordered breakfast from The Marketplace at Beach Club. One time the waffles were slightly burnt, but other than that, perfection. Since I mobile ordered from the comfort of my hotel bed, I did not talk to the chef. They also have an open kitchen set up, so would be easy to ask to speak with the chef in charge of the allergy friendly items.

Thank you so much for the detailed reply! It was very helpful :goodvibes

Kind of a specific question but has anyone stayed at Yacht & Beach during Christmas ? We are planning on going Dec 21-25 just for a resort stay and have been reading in some places that Storm Along Bay is just overcrowded lately And chairs are difficult to come by. We were thinking since the pool is so big it would be easier there is we are going to do pool day or two. I know you can’t predict the holidays just asking if anyone has experience

THE QUEST FOR CREAM CHEESE...

Silly question I know, but it will spell the difference between me having to order groceries or hoof it to another hotel for one item, and not...

I've scoured photos and videos, and the touringplans menu finder, and as far as I can tell, neither the Market at Ale & Compass nor the Beach Club Marketplace sell cream cheese. Our traditional family in-room breakfast (upon which my kids now insist, because -- well, tradition!) includes toasted bagels with cream cheese, and in the past (at other Disney and Universal resorts), we've always been able to find it in the resort general store. However, it seems like while most Disney hotels (including nearby Boardwalk, and Grand Floridian where we'll be transferring for the second half of our split stay) carry it, Yacht & Beach Club don't.

Has anyone been recently who might be able to testify otherwise?

Silly question I know, but it will spell the difference between me having to order groceries or hoof it to another hotel for one item, and not...

I've scoured photos and videos, and the touringplans menu finder, and as far as I can tell, neither the Market at Ale & Compass nor the Beach Club Marketplace sell cream cheese. Our traditional family in-room breakfast (upon which my kids now insist, because -- well, tradition!) includes toasted bagels with cream cheese, and in the past (at other Disney and Universal resorts), we've always been able to find it in the resort general store. However, it seems like while most Disney hotels (including nearby Boardwalk, and Grand Floridian where we'll be transferring for the second half of our split stay) carry it, Yacht & Beach Club don't.

They have individual servings of cream cheese where they have other toppings like butter. You can just grab what you need. :)

Did you google Beach Club Marketplace DVC shopping list? Items on the list should be sold in Beach Club Marketplace.

Quick question: do the TVs at Yacht Club all have that feature where you can sync your own phone to the tv to watch your own Netflix, Disney + etc?

Hi All, we arrive next week on Sunday. Does anyone know if hurricane Hannah’s have started giving the kids buckets and spades out again with food orders?

thanks

We are excited to return to Beach Club in 2024! Just booked a bounce back offer for 6/15-6/22/24!
I will let Dee know to add you to the BOG list!
Kind of a specific question but has anyone stayed at Yacht & Beach during Christmas ? We are planning on going Dec 21-25 just for a resort stay and have been reading in some places that Storm Along Bay is just overcrowded lately And chairs are difficult to come by. We were thinking since the pool is so big it would be easier there is we are going to do pool day or two. I know you can’t predict the holidays just asking if anyone has experience
Adding your dates to the list!

Late this afternoon, Saturday, I will send Dee BOG updates. If you have an upcoming trip and would like to be included, let us know. My goal is to gather the updates and pass them along to Dee on Saturdays.

Just to clarify or let new comers know, Dee/natebenma is our wonderful BC/YC thread leader and OP. There is a Be Our Guest List on the first page of the thread. It gives dates and screen names of future BC/YC stays. Dee keeps the list updated. I love love love having my trips on the list and asked her if I could help. I just make a list of stays as I read through my favorite thread. Then, I send updates to her and she posts the stays on the BOG list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter