Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Speaking of newly painted Friendship boats...what is the current pick up time for the first boat in the morning to HS from YC/BC? If Early Entry opens at 8:00 am for hotel guests at HS, does the first boat pick up at 7:00 am so we can be there early for rope drop? We really don't want to do the walk if it can be avoided but will if it's the only option to get there in time to be at the front of the line.

Hi everyone !! On the Disney blog they mentioned that the Food and Wine wristlet gift cards were also sold at the Epcot resorts..... has anyone seen them in the Yacht Club marketplace? We are checking in a week from Saturday and I would love to get one......

Standard view. Wheelchair accessible with roll-in shower and option for hearing accessibility. 2 Queen Beds, 1 daybed. Beach Club

This post may or may not be helpful...

Here is map listing detailed room categories. To be honest, I have trouble reading and distinguishing the colors. But this may help you figure out some of the possibilities for your room.

I believe others have pointed out that there are handicap accessible rooms at both resorts (BC and YC) and the Beach Club Villas.

Click on this link or see the next post

Detailed Room Map (View Categories included!)

Hi Donna here, I am new here and going in January 2023. The question is, we normally stay at the Yacht Club but got a good rate for the Beach Club. Asking you nice folks do they have any rooms that are not handicapped that have a stand-up glass-enclosed shower as the Yacht club has. Thank you in advance.

The one bedroom I checked out of today (sad to leave) had a spacious walk in shower and a gorgeous stand alone tub.

Hello Donna- I just wanted to point out that I believe the room referred to above is a one bedroom, which is a different, and more expensive, booking category than the regular Beach Club rooms.

As far as I know (and I invite anyone to correct me if I am wrong), none of the regular, non-handicapped rooms at the Beach Club have the standalone showers.

:goodvibes

Ahhhhh. Page 2000. Remembering when Dee would have to manually transfer all the wonderful information pages after 200 (300?) pages.

Those were the days of no phone books and secret rooms.

Congratulations Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions thread for consistently being one of the DIS most read thread for years.

And a public thank you to Dee for the countless hours and dedication it has taken to keep it going.

I remember!!!!

I think it was 250 pages. And I would give everyone a warning that the post was under construction and to be patient while I transferred Page 1 to a new thread. So happy the pages are no longer limited!!!

:scared:

Page 2006-2009

Please add me to the guest list: YC 11/4-11/8/22 Food & Wine Half Marathon! First time staying at the Yacht Club and really looking forward to it!

Will do!!!

:cool1:

We are staying at YC next month and got a call from them early last month. You can always email them any requests at Disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com
Thanks for the info.

I will add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:goodvibes

Thanks for the replies @mrsap and @GADisneyDad14 :)

(I'm new so I had to wait 40 minutes to make another post)

:welcome: to the DIS and to this thread!

Wow! I am so glad I found this thread...I was so overwhelmed in choosing a resort! We decided to book the BeachClub Villas 5/31/22-6/11/22. Thanks for all the info on rooms, pool, dining, etc:)

:welcome:

Next year?

:dogdance:

Well.... the resort has been chosen and UNCHANGED for a good 7 months at least! We originally had booked WL CL for our 3 nights prior to our first RCCL cruise in October, but switched over to YC CL since our boys are joining us , are adults (26/30) and we only have a quick 3 nights to cram as much disney magic in as we can! We booked MNSSHP for our arrival night on Oct 6, then booked EPCOT and DHS as our reserved parks on Oct. 7, 8. I am very excited to stay at YC CL as it is the one resort I have consistently wanted to try, it keeps pulling me in every time I walk into the beautiful lobby, see that globe and the quiet, charming nautical theme, with the gorgeous lighthouse and dock to the friendship boats! I just have a feeling this resort will be my new favourite. I have tried BC in 2011 with my then 14 yo son, and it was not a favourite, but the YC always feels so calming and welcoming to me every time I visit, I am very glad we made the switch. My hubby and I booked a waterview CL room and our boys have a Standard view CL room. I am wishing to request a view of the boat dock/lighthouse area, but would like the boys close to our room. Are there standard club rooms close to the water view rooms??
Please add me to the list for October 6-8, 2022 Yacht Club Club Level - Pre-cruise magic with our adult boys (first RCCL cruise (Star Class, Harmony of the Seas)

Thanks!
Marie

Will do!

:)

Last edited:
Been missing for a while, but so excited to be headed back to beach club in April! We’ll be there 10-16. Please add us to the guest list when you have time Dee. Thanks for all the work you put in here as always!

Speaking of newly painted Friendship boats...what is the current pick up time for the first boat in the morning to HS from YC/BC? If Early Entry opens at 8:00 am for hotel guests at HS, does the first boat pick up at 7:00 am so we can be there early for rope drop? We really don't want to do the walk if it can be avoided but will if it's the only option to get there in time to be at the front of the line.
The boats start running one hour before early entry. :) We saw them one morning when we were walking to DHS for early entry.

Yacht Club has a spa?!

I was just reading the first page and looks like the last reports were from 2016 where it was reportedly updated to remove the sauna. Has anyone been? (since 2016 I guess lol)

PAGE 2009
Just checked in today and we had a standard room booked, but we were pixie dusted with a club level room (only did club level once, 5 years ago). Such a nice surprise. We're celebrating my dad's 80th (he's a huge Disney fan) so it was especially nice!
That's awesome! Hope you had an absolutely magical trip!

:dogdance:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjpETTGym4TGd06e7Qy7IrE4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA
@kimmar067

As always, thanks for the fabulous photos!

What a spectacular view!

📸

Yacht Club has a spa?!

I was just reading the first page and looks like the last reports were from 2016 where it was reportedly updated to remove the sauna. Has anyone been? (since 2016 I guess lol)

Ship Shape Massage Fitness Salon

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/spas/beach-club-resort/ship-shape-health-club/

Enjoy a massage, facial or workout at this full-service exercise facility at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort.

I've only walked past it but it doesn't list a sauna on the website.

I've booked a YC standard room (2 guests- adult and a 10YO). I see there are many different bed configurations listed. I'd like 2 queen beds and not a king. Would this just be the default? I have found a place that I can request a king bed, but not 2 queens. Thanks!

I've booked a YC standard room (2 guests- adult and a 10YO). I see there are many different bed configurations listed. I'd like 2 queen beds and not a king. Would this just be the default? I have found a place that I can request a king bed, but not 2 queens. Thanks!
Almost all rooms are 2 queen beds so you should be grand.

Not sure what you mean when you say, "I have found a place that I can request a king bed..."

You can call 407-W-DISNEY and give them a room request. Some people pay for a subscription at www.TouringPlans.com and make a room request through them.

If you make a room request through either of those methods, do not make any requests during online check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter