• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have a similarly-aged child as GADisneyDad14 and think he did a very good job of laying out the pros & cons. A lot of people ask about kids and SAB and I think he summed it up well. For me, my worries also lie more with having to leave the immediate pool area to get to slide and I often long to just sit in one spot and keep a close eye on my child. That said, whenever we’re at another pool, I often think “I wish we were at SAB.” 😁

My kids are currently 11 and 7, just for reference. For me, I worry more about SAB's slide entrance being outside the pool gates and overall size of SAB than specifically about the lazy river (but yes, it has very deep spots!). I'm all for getting in and running all around with my kids in the pool... BUT there are times where being able to sit in a pool chair with a beverage and watch them without worry - or at least be limited to a more confined area. If you have kids that are prone to wondering off, SAB can be more challenging.

That said, at 7 and 9 I think you'll likely enjoy SAB. Nothing about what I said above is a fatal flaw for me, just a consideration. I wouldn't worry all that much about it.

I have a similarly-aged child as GADisneyDad14 and think he did a very good job of laying out the pros & cons. A lot of people ask about kids and SAB and I think he summed it up well. For me, my worries also lie more with having to leave the immediate pool area to get to slide and I often long to just sit in one spot and keep a close eye on my child. That said, whenever we’re at another pool, I often think “I wish we were at SAB.” 😁

I've been reading that Stormalong Bay is not necessarily the best for young children or inexperienced swimmers. In particular, I'm worried about the lazy river (is it really 8-feet deep?) Very interested to hear thoughts about this!

Just to add to everyone else’s comments: the deep lazy river area is physically separated from the rest of the pool. You must actually get out of the main pool area & cross the sidewalk & enter that area. So your kids won’t accidentally find themselves in the 8 feet deep area.

And the afternoon games & pool activities are perfect for your kids ages. They’re held in the shallowest area. It’s things like volleyball & trivia contests. So much fun for kids.

Stormalong hours? Our 2 visits in 2021, stormalong didn’t open until 10am. It really felt so late! Any word on current opening times and plan for the summer season? We are there for 2 weeks in May. Thanks!!

Stormalong hours? Our 2 visits in 2021, stormalong didn’t open until 10am. It really felt so late! Any word on current opening times and plan for the summer season? We are there for 2 weeks in May. Thanks!!

These are the hours since the resort reopened in 2020 from Page 1, Post 2:

Jan, Feb: 10 am to 10 pm

Oct, Nov: 10 am to 10 pm
April-Sept: 10 am to 11 pm
January-March: 10 am to 10 pm

early Sept (Labor Day weekend)-December: 10 am to 10 pm
August: 9 am to 9 pm

These are the hours since the resort reopened in 2020 from Page 1, Post 2:

Jan, Feb: 10 am to 10 pm

Oct, Nov: 10 am to 10 pm
April-Sept: 10 am to 11 pm
January-March: 10 am to 10 pm

early Sept (Labor Day weekend)-December: 10 am to 10 pm
August: 9 am to 9 pm

Thanks so much. Here’s hoping they go back to prepandemic summer hours 🤞

If you have purchased your park tickets and they're linked to MDE you can make them now. I've made them for my nieces for our December trip already, but have to wait to make our own since our AP is not renewed until June.
We have AP's that have not been activated yet. We have to wait until we get to a park to do that. Our reservations are at YC for Dec. for 2 weeks. So how does this work to make reservations for the parks?

We were there in June and it didn’t open until 10 am. I agree that I miss it opening at 9 am. I believe that the quiet pools open at 7 am.

We have AP's that have not been activated yet. We have to wait until we get to a park to do that. Our reservations are at YC for Dec. for 2 weeks. So how does this work to make reservations for the parks?

If the APs are linked in MDE, you should be able to make your reservations.

Just to add to the SAB conversation - almost 100% of the swimmers in the lazy river are floating in the tubes. Most people wait for an empty tube to float by before getting in the water. :)

My issue with SAB is not the depth but the WIDTH. We just came back from YC last week and I was yet again reminded of how big it is. The size is great until you realize mom who is watching the 6yo in the sandy pool has walked away with the goggles the 9yo needs to swim on the other end of pool by the slide. It is huge. The real issue I see is really nothing about the pool itself. It is an awesome feature. But, if you are watching two young children of different swimming interests/abilities it will be nearly impossible to please both of them and keep a close enough watch on them. Thankfully DW and I can divide and conquer in this respect.

Last edited:
If the APs are linked in MDE, you should be able to make your reservations.

They aren't linked yet. They are basically certificates that get redeemed for the AP's at the park.

Now with the new face mask policy in effect on Feb 17 Disney will do away with having to make reservations to visit the parks. One can only hope!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

They aren't linked yet. They are basically certificates that get redeemed for the AP's at the park.

Now with the new face mask policy in effect on Feb 17 Disney will do away with having to make reservations to visit the parks. One can only hope!

You can still link them and make reservations. They won't be activated until you get to the park.

You can link your certificates for purposes of making park reservations. The tickets won't activate until you take the certificate to guest services and exchange it for your AP.

Question about Epcot… what would you do during early entry? I will have genie + (thinking grab TT first) and plan to buy ILL for frozen and remy. It’s just kids (12 & 10) and I on this trip. We usually go once a year but haven’t been since 2020 so remy is completely new to us.

My general plan for the day is to go through the countries early in the day before it gets to crazy but knock out a few rides like TT and soarin first thing. We’ll be there Sunday March 6th so it’s the first wknd of flower and garden.

just wondering where to go first coming from international gateway.

Also, do you think there will be a scavenger hunt? In the past we did chip and dale around Christmas I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter