• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

so sorry I’m just now seeing this, I took a digital detox when we left for our WDW Christmas trip and just now slowly getting back online. 4123 was the room my husband and I had on the thanksgiving trip, it was a fantastic king room. Attaching pictures but can’t figure out how to turn them (showing up sideways every time I try to post). Just tilt your head and dream lol, perfect view with a nice deep balcony.View attachment 547761
trying this again from my computer, will only let me edit my second picture but not the nighttime
edit: finally got the second picture, having so many issues with posting/deleting/ and editing for some reason. Oh well, enjoy the pictures right side up lol
balcony2.jpeg
balcony1.jpeg

We'll be there tomorrow (Sunday). :)
An my family will be at the Yacht Club on Monday.
Safe travels to all and a glorious time at Disney World!!!!

Hope you have wonderful trips!!!
trying this again from my computer, will only let me edit my second picture but not the nighttime
edit: finally got the second picture, having so many issues with posting/deleting/ and editing for some reason. Oh well, enjoy the pictures right side up lol
View attachment 547770
View attachment 547771

Thank you so much! Great pictures of your awesome view!

:thumbsup2

View attachment 547770
View attachment 547771

Fabulous pictures!! Thanks for the effort to post them! (I fail to understand why this forum makes posting them so hard. As it is I usually just set up a smug mug album and post the link. Much easier that way!)

We are staying at YC. Our budget is for Disney meals for lunch and dinner but not breakfast. That will be easy to eat stuff in the room and on the go. Hate not having a freezer so we can have breakfast sandwiches and microwaveable breakfast bowls.
Curious, does the marketplace have those? If so, what time does the store open? I would be fine running down each morning early and grabbing that for some hot breakfast that’s not oatmeal.
....the shop at the YC is the Ale & Compass Marketplace. I remember it being open at 7AM.

Thank you so much! Great pictures of your awesome view!
....I gotta admit, I'm a bit jealous....:blush:....I guess we were spoiled when we stayed at the BC last year and had THIS view:

enhance

enhance

I miss this so much

Attachments

• E56630E7-B588-4E8A-A19D-46BF6A54C677.jpeg
    E56630E7-B588-4E8A-A19D-46BF6A54C677.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 990658A7-E423-49E2-A4ED-928BFB7F06C5.jpeg
    990658A7-E423-49E2-A4ED-928BFB7F06C5.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 983E26A5-9E02-4374-9483-E05524B4D3F0.jpeg
    983E26A5-9E02-4374-9483-E05524B4D3F0.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 42
  • D4348B5B-8D9B-4658-A3C2-C69E3E457C0E.jpeg
    D4348B5B-8D9B-4658-A3C2-C69E3E457C0E.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 38727096-FB2E-441B-BBBF-9F5A6BBD4D60.jpeg
    38727096-FB2E-441B-BBBF-9F5A6BBD4D60.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 8288A1A1-9987-4097-83C9-35573763AE06.jpeg
    8288A1A1-9987-4097-83C9-35573763AE06.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 41
  • CA38E1CD-FA21-4869-86FF-C35152CCF8A9.jpeg
    CA38E1CD-FA21-4869-86FF-C35152CCF8A9.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 34
New rugs are apparently down today, finishing up the lobby renovations. I saw it on Facebook from a site we can’t link here. I love the new look.

This was the room we had on the far back side close to leisure pool, far from lobby

Attachments

• YC room 4 (2).jpg
    YC room 4 (2).jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 25
  • YC room (2).jpg
    YC room (2).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 26
I’m need to make a decision and need some input. Our postponed trip from May, 2020, was rescheduled to May, 2021. We currently have booked a deluxe 2 Queen garden view at Beach Club Resort. However, Beach Club does not reopen until May 30, so we need to either totally change resorts for our May 26-June 3 trip, or do a split stay. Since we will be spending 4 nights at a Universal resort prior to transferring to the Disney portion of our trip, a split stay with another resort move seems like a lot of wasted time changing resorts. We really wanted to stay at Beach Club for some resort time using Stormalong Bay. My dilemma is that my TA called for our options in moving from Beach Club, and was offered a great upgrade to a 2 bedroom lake view villa at Bay Lake Tower for the same price as the deluxe Beach Club room. I’ve never stayed at Contemporary or Bay Lake and though it will be convenient to Magic Kingdom, we lose the ability to walk to Epcot and Studios, plus the fantastic pool at Beach/Yacht. Our boys are 15 and though the extra room and beds plus extra bath will be wonderful, I’m not sure giving up the pool or closeness to Epcot and Studios is worth it. What would you do?

I’m need to make a decision and need some input. Our postponed trip from May, 2020, was rescheduled to May, 2021. We currently have booked a deluxe 2 Queen garden view at Beach Club Resort. However, Beach Club does not reopen until May 30, so we need to either totally change resorts for our May 26-June 3 trip, or do a split stay. Since we will be spending 4 nights at a Universal resort prior to transferring to the Disney portion of our trip, a split stay with another resort move seems like a lot of wasted time changing resorts. We really wanted to stay at Beach Club for some resort time using Stormalong Bay. My dilemma is that my TA called for our options in moving from Beach Club, and was offered a great upgrade to a 2 bedroom lake view villa at Bay Lake Tower for the same price as the deluxe Beach Club room. I’ve never stayed at Contemporary or Bay Lake and though it will be convenient to Magic Kingdom, we lose the ability to walk to Epcot and Studios, plus the fantastic pool at Beach/Yacht. Our boys are 15 and though the extra room and beds plus extra bath will be wonderful, I’m not sure giving up the pool or closeness to Epcot and Studios is worth it. What would you do?
We stayed at BLT once, and I wasn’t a fan, but it would be hard to pass up a two bedroom villa. It is really, really nice being able to walk to MK, plus there are a lot of food choices when staying at BLT with the Contemporary right there along with the ability to hop on the monorail and get to the other monorail resorts to eat at their dining options. I will say, as compared to Stormalong Bay, the pool(s) at BLT/Contemporary are somewhat of a letdown, at least for us they were. We love split stays, but I agree, since you will already be transferring over from Universal, I’m not sure I’d want to do a split stay at Disney - that would be three times you have to pack and unpack and that’s a lot of time you’ll be wasting on your vacation. Is moving to the YC an option? We really, really love the new rooms at the YC. If not, I personally think I’d take the two bedroom at BLT. Just the space alone would be amazing. I think that would outweigh the negatives of BLT (to us). Good luck with your decision.

Did you have a daybed in either of those? thanks!
....Honestly, I cannot remember - there were only two of us in each room, so there was no reason to look to see if the "dresser" was actually a Murphy bed.....sorry I can't be of better help.... :confused3

OMG I would jump on that upgrade in a heartbeat.

...have you considered the BCV? We were in a 2BR lock-off and it was delightful. Our room overlooked the pool and we were right near the 'lobby' which exits to go to both the BC Marketplace and a very short walk to the front of the BC.

Last edited:
My rope drop at HS on Jan 3

7:15 Leave beach club villas
7:27 through Boardwalk breezeway
7:38 Arrive at HS entrance
7:48 moved to temp check to wait
8:06 temp scan opens
8:17 boarded first MMRR train
8:40 boarded SDD (10 min posted wait, accurate)
8:50 got in line MFSR
9:25 boarded MFSR (35 min wait, 55 was posted by sign since app times weren’t available yet)
9:50 boarded ROTR
10:15 got in line for 10:30 FRozen
11:05 watched vacation fun
11:40 lunch sci fi
1pm skylines back to room for nap

It was a great day! I wouldn’t change a thing if you want to play it safe. But for minimal waiting could probably arrive at HS 10-15 min later and it wouldn’t put you much behind where I was.

What do your boys have to say about the pool vs. space? My DD and DS are college age now. At some point, they lost interest in pools. They really appreciate more space. I am the one loving SAB. So if it were me, I would jump on BLT. I like more space, too.

We are arriving on Saturday to the Yacht Club...we are debating about doing a grocery order. If we order amazon prime now. Do they delivery to bell services or somewhere else at Yacht club?

We are here at the Yacht Club in a garden view room that is in a good location. Our room has a shower instead of the shower/tub combination. I am very pleased to get the shower. We have a view of trees, which is fine because it is a very quiet area.

The airports were very busy this morning and looked like the pre-Covid days. Our flight was full, too. But our resort doesn't seem any busier then it was when we were here in October.

I'll post pictures after the trip is over. :)

About to book Christmas week at Beach Club. We've gone Christmas week every year from 2009-2018. In 2016 when my sister and I were employed long enough to afford our own part of the trip, we upgraded to Beach Club and fell in love. We returned in 2017 and 2018. My dad passed in 2019 and we couldn't bring ourselves to go back just yet.

After 2020, we're ready to go back. Holy heck, one less person in the room really drives the cost up, huh? We played with numbers and considered Coronado, but my mom wants to go back "home" to Beach Club. She likes the fact that she could walk back to the resort on her own if my sister and i wanna stay at Epcot; and the fact that there's stuff to do around the resort if she wants to hang back. And what mom says...goes.

So we're "springing" for a room at BC from 12/24 - 1/1, unless a deal pops up or flights are crazy expensive on 12/24 (holiday + Friday) and we fly in on 12/23.

We are here at the Yacht Club in a garden view room that is in a good location. Our room has a shower instead of the shower/tub combination. I am very pleased to get the shower. We have a view of trees, which is fine because it is a very quiet area.

The airports were very busy this morning and looked like the pre-Covid days. Our flight was full, too. But our resort doesn't seem any busier then it was when we were here in October.

I'll post pictures after the trip is over. :)
Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter