Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi! I just saw a picture on Twitter of massive crowds waiting for the skyliner at the International Gateway, which doesn’t make me happy to see. I’m wondering what the IG looks like in the mornings? Walking to Epcot has always been such a treat when staying at YC/BC. If anyone’s there anytime soon maybe you can report back?
We arrived on Wednesday afternoon and have gone through the International Gateway a few times since then. The traffic from the Skyliner has been very light outside of park close. The boat traffic seems to have more of an impact on the crowds at the entrance than the Skyliner. There are more bag check lanes and entry points than before, and one entry is dedicated for passholders. My impression is that it is now quicker to get into Epcot than it used to be since they added additional lanes, although we haven't tried it at rope drop. We like the bigger entrance.

The biggest difference is leaving the park after the fireworks. There are quite a few people who now exit the International Gateway so they use the Skyliner when Epcot closes. But I haven't seen an increase of people walking around the resort areas. It looks like they are all just interested in the Skyliner, which is a very nice way to travel. :)

I’m not sure but have a feeling it’s 180 days, like dining. I booked mine about 5 months out I think.
You are correct! I just waited 35 minutes on hold to find that out. But the cast member who answered the phone told me that I could book today and after a number of tries to book the cabana, we both found out it is indeed 180 days out.

We arrived on Wednesday afternoon and have gone through the International Gateway a few times since then. The traffic from the Skyliner has been very light outside of park close. The boat traffic seems to have more of an impact on the crowds at the entrance than the Skyliner. There are more bag check lanes and entry points than before, and one entry is dedicated for passholders. My impression is that it is now quicker to get into Epcot than it used to be since they added additional lanes, although we haven't tried it at rope drop. We like the bigger entrance.

The biggest difference is leaving the park after the fireworks. There are quite a few people who now exit the International Gateway so they use the Skyliner when Epcot closes. But I haven't seen an increase of people walking around the resort areas. It looks like they are all just interested in the Skyliner, which is a very nice way to travel. :)

This was our exact experience as well.

Landed an okay AP discount for YC for Jan 23-27, 2020 but the offer had been pulled by the time I checked for our April dates so we’re at CSR then (at least until the AP rates come back online).
Have you checked again? They are back and bookable. I was able to get what I needed around 4/5pm ET

Have you checked again? They are back and bookable. I was able to get what I needed around 4/5pm ET

Yeah, I’ve got a tentative BC booking for April 16-20, but DH is really not happy with the price. We can save $800 by switching to CSR, and even guarantee a king bed. And the regular non-tower rooms there had a recent refurb, so they’re quite nice. Their main pool is okay, although it’s no SAB, and we have been Ubering more so the buses are less of an issue. Decisions, decisions...although it’s a nice problem to have, I guess. ;-)

We love YC/BC, but I gotta say, wow, Disney’s rates are really getting out of hand, even with the discounts. How does anyone afford the rack rates?

We are just home and went to epcot twice - once the day the skyliner opened, and yesterday. The day it opened wasn’t great - 5 or 6 security lines and they all had about 8 people in them. People were flooding in off the skyliner. This was at 845am. Yesterday we didn’t go in until 10am and it was pretty much a walk through.

Another thing to note is the effect on DHS... on Saturday morning we arrived at 7am by boat and walked in through empty security lines. We arrived again at 7am on Monday (skyliner opened Sunday) and it was horrendous. Took us 15 minutes to get through bag check and the only difference is the skyliner. People from the resorts on the DHS line were flooding in as that line opens at 515am and it’s so much faster than any other transport. On the other hand, the Epcot skyliner station doesn’t open until 8am, and so we couldn’t use it to get to DHS at that time (this would have required a change over at CBR, but judging by our journey the day before would have been quicker than waiting for the boat). To be honest we were a little peeved that people paying a premium to stay at Epcot resorts can’t use the skyliner to get to DHS for opening, but people at the value and moderate resorts can.

Thank you for this! Looks like a whole new adventure to look forward to! I’m glad to hear they’ve adequately expanded the lanes at the IG. It does seem like some of the issues are with its newness so maybe they’ll work out some of the kinks as they get going! Fingers crossed anyway!

Yeah, I’ve got a tentative BC booking for April 16-20, but DH is really not happy with the price. We can save $800 by switching to CSR, and even guarantee a king bed. And the regular non-tower rooms there had a recent refurb, so they’re quite nice. Their main pool is okay, although it’s no SAB, and we have been Ubering more so the buses are less of an issue. Decisions, decisions...although it’s a nice problem to have, I guess. ;-)

We love YC/BC, but I gotta say, wow, Disney’s rates are really getting out of hand, even with the discounts. How does anyone afford the rack rates?
Seriously! I was able to save about $900 for 4 nights off rack rate which sounds great... until I realized how expensive it was in the first place 🤣 I stayed at CSR during the refurb and those exterior rooms are very nice. There is just something special about YC/BC that keeps me coming back! I also need to eat at B&C post refurb lol

Alright some good news then, yay! Thank you!!

That week is higher for some reason. I booked April 12-15 at the YC because it was cheaper. The rate went up on Wednesday the 15h, so I only have one night at the higher rate. I didn't realize it at the time but Easter is on the 12th...wonder if it is another mistake and they thought Easter was the 19th since Easter is usually holiday rates. :confused3

I feel your pain on the rates. Even with a Discount the rates are crazy!

I love Disney deluxe hotels. They are super convenient and I loooove the atmosphere. But even though we can afford it, I would never, ever, ever pay the current rack rate. They are astronomical. If I’m paying that much, I want lotion....(with real pixie dust in it that was blessed by Walt himself).

We are staying there this year but only because we booked it using air miles that we needed to use up. But I just can’t justify spending that much money on a 4 star hotel (with no lotion) :rotfl2:

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Marketplace sells Lysol spray and liquid hand soap?
I usually check a bag and pack these items but this is a shorter trip and we are only carrying on...

I am curious too ! We leave next Wednesday for Beach Club . I hope our mornings to Epcot will not be a huge mess
Hi! I just saw a picture on Twitter of massive crowds waiting for the skyliner at the International Gateway, which doesn’t make me happy to see. I’m wondering what the IG looks like in the mornings? Walking to Epcot has always been such a treat when staying at YC/BC. If anyone’s there anytime soon maybe you can report back?
Well I don’t think the Skyliner will be running this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter