Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We just got back last week from an amazing 9 days at the BC/YC and then Wilderness Lodge. We upgraded to club level when we checked in at the Beach Club and the staff was so nice. BUT, and one of the BC leads swears I am not the only one to complain about this, when the BC rooms were renovated, they replaced the blackout curtains with pretty Venetian shades. The problem with them was that the light was coming in as soon as the sun rose, and my 4 year old just woke up along with the sun!

We ended up switching to YC after two days, because the early wake ups were just not working for us.

Both hotels were great. I do prefer the theming of the BC, but we liked that the YC was closer to the sand pool entrance, where we spent most of our time. Getting tables/chairs by the pool was never a problem. My boys LOVED the pool and would happily have spent all day, every day, there if we had let them!

We just got back last week from an amazing 9 days at the BC/YC and then Wilderness Lodge. We upgraded to club level when we checked in at the Beach Club and the staff was so nice. BUT, and one of the BC leads swears I am not the only one to complain about this, when the BC rooms were renovated, they replaced the blackout curtains with pretty Venetian shades. The problem with them was that the light was coming in as soon as the sun rose, and my 4 year old just woke up along with the sun!

We ended up switching to YC after two days, because the early wake ups were just not working for us.

I occupied a refurbished BC room with Roman-fold shades, shortly after the room was placed back into inventory. The room faced the Quiet Pool, where, for safety reasons, the flood lights remained on, till daybreak. I believe the shades are mostly in rooms that do not have sliding patio doors, but, rather, a single hinged door leading to the balcony.

Realizing the problem, I immediately informed a few CMs that the shades had major light leaks, allowing the very bright light from the flood lights to permeate the room, making it difficult to sleep. As a temporary fix, I pushed chairs against the shades, since a major part of the problem was that the shades had too much clearance. Also, the shades were manufactured too narrow, as they should have gone past the glass, not just barely cover the glass, to block the light. Whatever company provided the window treatment did a very poor job.

My post, following that visit:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-to-hs-6-30-18.3400342/page-618#post-56269307

Both hotels were great. I do prefer the theming of the BC, but we liked that the YC was closer to the sand pool entrance, where we spent most of our time. Getting tables/chairs by the pool was never a problem. My boys LOVED the pool and would happily have spent all day, every day, there if we had let them!
Just checking- was this not a problem at YC because the shades were better? Or was your room not facing the direction of the sunrise?

Hey guys, during our February trip we stayed at BCV and used the closest entrance from Epcot to BC for the walkway back to the villas. I have a BC trip booked for October and I am wondering if you are in any of those BC rooms that line the walkway, is there any way to enter along there or do you need to go all the way around?

Hey guys, during our February trip we stayed at BCV and used the closest entrance from Epcot to BC for the walkway back to the villas. I have a BC trip booked for October and I am wondering if you are in any of those BC rooms that line the walkway, is there any way to enter along there or do you need to go all the way around?
I think you are referring to the "secret entrance". Using that same walkway, the entrance is about 50 feet on the left where you enter the pathway on the way back from Epcot. Big white door on the left with MB access, but most of the time you don't need it. If you start passing the patios then you have missed it.

Do you know if the painting is completed for the rooms along the walkway nearest Epcot to the villas?
Thank you.

We had a room at the BC with the Venetian Blinds, and it was a room with just a single door to the patio with a window instead of the slider and full wall of windows. They certainly don’t block light, nothing at all like the black out curtains we’ve had in every other Disney resort room we’ve ever been in. We didn’t have any bright lights outside our room, so it was just as it got daylight that it was noticeable, and luckily our kids were tired enough by then they didn’t wake up the minute it got light out. But I didn’t care for them, and if I were to stay at the BC again I would probably request not to have them, and in hindsite i would have at least asked if another room was available. I am suspecting, based on a few things I noticed, that these are the rooms that don’t have daybeds and are just slightly smaller. I’m not sure about that, it is just a guess of mine.

Just checking- was this not a problem at YC because the shades were better? Or was your room not facing the direction of the sunrise?

It wasn't a problem at all - the rooms all had blackout curtains. The YV rep told me that there have been a number of complaints about that, so I do hope they address it at some point bc we love the BC!

We had a room at the BC with the Venetian Blinds, and it was a room with just a single door to the patio with a window instead of the slider and full wall of windows. They certainly don’t block light, nothing at all like the black out curtains we’ve had in every other Disney resort room we’ve ever been in. We didn’t have any bright lights outside our room, so it was just as it got daylight that it was noticeable, and luckily our kids were tired enough by then they didn’t wake up the minute it got light out. But I didn’t care for them, and if I were to stay at the BC again I would probably request not to have them, and in hindsite i would have at least asked if another room was available. I am suspecting, based on a few things I noticed, that these are the rooms that don’t have daybeds and are just slightly smaller. I’m not sure about that, it is just a guess of mine.

This was a room with a daybed, it seemed on the larger side. The cast member told me that most of the BC rooms now have the Venetian blinds, unfortunately.

This was a room with a daybed, it seemed on the larger side. The cast member told me that most of the BC rooms now have the Venetian blinds, unfortunately.
That's gonna be a problem for me. We are staying in October and I sleep at home in complete darkness. When I say complete darkness, I mean our blinds let absolutely no light in and you can't even see your hand in front of you.

That's gonna be a problem for me. We are staying in October and I sleep at home in complete darkness. When I say complete darkness, I mean our blinds let absolutely no light in and you can't even see your hand in front of you.

Unfortunately, that cast member was not correct. The rooms with the Venetian blinds tend to be on the top floors of each section of the BC resort, although there might be some exceptions. That would be less than 20%. Most of the standard view rooms would have the regular black out curtains and all three of the king rooms that we have had had the regular curtains. :)

Last edited:
I think you are referring to the "secret entrance". Using that same walkway, the entrance is about 50 feet on the left where you enter the pathway on the way back from Epcot. Big white door on the left with MB access, but most of the time you don't need it. If you start passing the patios then you have missed it.
I will look out for it. Thanks

If you are asking if you can enter through the patio doors into the rooms along that pathway the answer is no, not if you lock them. There is no way to unlock the patio doors from the outside

Unfortunately, that cast member was not correct. The rooms with the Venetian blinds tend to be on the top floors of each section of the BC resort, although there might be some exceptions. That would be less than 20%. Most of the standard view rooms would have the regular black out curtains and all three of the king rooms that we have had had the regular curtains. :)
Well that’s good to know. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter