Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Well we booked our trip for Dec. 12-17 but as I thought sadly the BC/YC is just out of our price range for this time period even with the ap discount but at least we are having breakfast at Captains Grille as part of the Candlelight package on Dec. 16th.

I like this cheaper option for sure but didnt look at first to see it is the last cp show. Its fine with us as long as its not too cold and windy. I just stay in the wheelchair for that anyway since its too hard to get on a bench and walk up or down the rows for me. I would hold everyone up.

It will be interesting to see how crowded or not crowded the restaurant will be because of this. When we go for the normal breakfast buffet the place is always half empty.

Ahhhhh... 17 more days and we will be at Yacht Club! We are so hyped! When should we call to add our room requests? We would like to request a daybed and a room close to the lobby. I already chose close to elevator and top floor for my online check-in choices. We have a garden view room category.
You can call to add them now. Many people will add their requests when they make their resort reservation.

Hello Family, I been back from Florida for a couple days now and had the chance to be part of the filming of the Disney Parks Thanksgiving/Christmas Day show. Lots of standing and very interesting to watch it take place. We did not have a chance to stay at the Beach Club this trip cm holiday discount wasnt getting us the CL like we were hoping for, but we have our Christmas trip just a few short weeks away, in which we ill be there Dec 24 thru the 29th. But for this trip we were not far from the BC we stayed over at Coronado Resort Business Class and it worked out equally as well. Not just to sit back do he online shoping to get Christmas presents taken care of and sent to our family member in Orlando and to wait to be boarding the flight. Just 41 more days to go til check in.

Back and just a quick trip report. Epcot was packed due to Jersey and a few other northern states have school breaks. Weather was awesome, the food was not. Seems like every year the food quality goes downhill.

We were in room 4585, no daybed, large balcony. Also, no connecting door. Now let me see if I can post a few pictures.

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

Thank you so much for the pictures and review of your trip.

I have heard that crowds were pretty crazy last week- A lot of students had Tuesday off for the election and Friday off for Veteran's day so I think a lot of families took that into account.

If you have a chance, could you copy your post onto the Beach Club Views thread?

Thank you!!!

:goodvibes

page 727

Dee, would you please add us to the BOG list? We will be at BC 7/28/17-8/3/17. DS decided he wanted to go to Epcot to celebrate his 21'st b'day.

:welcome: back!

Will do!

What a fun way for your son to celebrate his birthday!

party:

Well we booked our trip for Dec. 12-17 but as I thought sadly the BC/YC is just out of our price range for this time period even with the ap discount but at least we are having breakfast at Captains Grille as part of the Candlelight package on Dec. 16th.

I like this cheaper option for sure but didnt look at first to see it is the last cp show. Its fine with us as long as its not too cold and windy. I just stay in the wheelchair for that anyway since its too hard to get on a bench and walk up or down the rows for me. I would hold everyone up.

It will be interesting to see how crowded or not crowded the restaurant will be because of this. When we go for the normal breakfast buffet the place is always half empty.

Enjoy your trip!

:santa:

Ale & Compass open at 6 am for coffee, as promised!!

Great day yesterday. When into Epcot just for a little bit, tried a few things from food and wine, and then got the hell out of there before it got crazy crowded. Loving beach club so far!

How are you feeling?

Did you get an upgraded room view?

Hope the rest of your trip is fantastic!

:woohoo:

Please add us to the BOG guest for next year. Dec 7-15, 2017 at BC CL water view!!!! thanks

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Hello Family, I been back from Florida for a couple days now and had the chance to be part of the filming of the Disney Parks Thanksgiving/Christmas Day show. Lots of standing and very interesting to watch it take place. We did not have a chance to stay at the Beach Club this trip cm holiday discount wasnt getting us the CL like we were hoping for, but we have our Christmas trip just a few short weeks away, in which we ill be there Dec 24 thru the 29th. But for this trip we were not far from the BC we stayed over at Coronado Resort Business Class and it worked out equally as well. Not just to sit back do he online shoping to get Christmas presents taken care of and sent to our family member in Orlando and to wait to be boarding the flight. Just 41 more days to go til check in.

Thanks for letting us know about your recent trip.

:thumbsup2

We stayed club level Oct 14-19. Something just did not seem right the whole trip. It was as if there had been a change over in management from our last stay. staying on club level it was like we were being watched the whole time. We did not do the parks so we were at the resort a lot. My wife was celebrating her 40th birthday and we had a cake ordered at the boardwalk. It happened that she had some friends from high school that she had not seen in along time there so we invited them over to celebrate her birthday in the lounge. She had a beautiful cake and all was good until a cast member came over and started berating us in front of everybody for having our friends up for an hour or so. I was so disgusted. Storm along bay is way overdue for a refurb. we had the same problem with the adult hot tub. It was COLD. The other one was hot but the jets did not work and the kids were jumping in it. They both had a low water level. Went over to the quiet pool and the hot tub was low and the jets barely worked. Was extremely disappoint with the stay and will be looking for a new resort as out favorite.

We stayed club level Oct 14-19. .. It happened that she had some friends from high school that she had not seen in along time there so we invited them over to celebrate her birthday in the lounge. She had a beautiful cake and all was good until a cast member came over and started berating us in front of everybody for having our friends up for an hour or so. I was so disgusted....

Were the friends also club level guests?

Back last night from our four-day F&WF weekend. We booked water view at the BC, and were assigned room 4617. Great view, full balcony, two queen beds, day bed, connecting door, and only a few rooms down, straight down the hall from the elevators. Great at night for tired feet!

IMG_2132.JPG

Because we wanted to hit F&WF and MVMCP (been seven years for the party), we chose last week, knowing it was Jersey Week. Wednesday and Thursday at F&W were good - arrive at 11, eat until about 1 when it starts to get crowded, then hit your favorite rides in FW (Soarin' was amazing!). We thought the food was really good, my favorite being the new enchilada at the Mexico kiosk. Had that twice...mmm...that mole sauce was good.

Friday was unfortunately the perfect storm of Jersey Week, Veterans Day, and filming of some Christmas Party performances at the MK, so it was more crowded than any of our past October or November trips. We've never waited more than 25 minutes for any of our faves, and that day there was no wait shorter than 40 minutes by the time we arrived. Within an hour, we saw almost no wait shorter than 55 minutes, and that's for the less popular rides. At 11:30 when we arrived at Spalsh for our FP, the standby was 75 minutes long. Certain people (not me obviously, I'm the crazy planner!) wanted to sleep a bit later this trip, another reason for the crazy wait times. When IASW has a 30 minute wait, you know it's a crowded day at the MK! Still had a good time, though - we were together and that makes it fun.

From now on I stick to what works best and do most of the planning myself LOL! Because DH wanted to avoid the F&WF on the weekend, we did it on Wednesday and Thursday, and you have to avoid the MK on Saturday, leaving Saturday as our AK day. Guess what? Turned out to be EMH morning at AK that day! Again, more crowded than we've ever seen it. But, safari was great AND I got to ride EE twice in a row because DD wasnt feeling it - yeah! My favorite ride! Avatar is looking awesome! Breakfast at Boma was fantastic!

That night (Saturday), we went back to the WS for our first time at Spice Road Table. Guess what again? Another perfect storm of events - last Saturday of F&WF (knew that), still Jersey Week (knew that), and it's Dapper Day (did NOT know that!). Holy cow, was it crowded, but that's why we had a dinner ADR. Spice Road Table was great. And quiet. Sat inside where it was warm, right by the window. Lovely view.

So, to sum up, although it was much more crowded that what we're used to, it was another great trip to our happy place. I had my birthday button on (the big 5-0 this year) and received many well wishes from cast members and some guests, plus a free yummy dessert and a song at La Hacienda. DD will be going away to college next fall, so not sure when we can do this again, but hopefully soon.

Dee, I already posted the room photo and description in the BC view thread - what a great room it was!

:sunny:

Last edited:
Were the friends also club level guests?
If they were also club level, even at another resort, then they should not have given you a hard time at all. However, non-club level guests aren't supposed to be in there in the first place, right? I'm surprised they even got in. Maybe they were getting nervous because they knew they were doing something they shouldn't be by letting them in.

~Cari~ pluto:

Hello everyone! Finally got caught up - sort of. read from post 701 and think I skipped most of August and September. We are heading back next week and I have never been so unprepared for a trip. EVER. Little worried. Been swamped between work and private school/preschool applications.

We are staying November 26- December 3, YC. November 24-26, POR (great deal through agency and decided to come down two nights earlier!!! super excited!)

Any tips for split stay luggage transportation? I thought I read that you can leave luggage with Bell services at hotel (POR) and they will handle moving it to YC for us so we can go and enjoy HS and not worry. Any ideas if that is correct?

I am concerned about Raglan Road since several of you mentioned the food was disappointing. Did something change at the restaurant? I was there in May and it was delicious.

Sorry if this has been discussed at length. Showers by the pool?!?! That's great. I assume we can use them before we leave on check out day after a last minute pool dip. Any idea on the construction status?

Hello everyone! Finally got caught up - sort of. read from post 701 and think I skipped most of August and September. We are heading back next week and I have never been so unprepared for a trip. EVER. Little worried. Been swamped between work and private school/preschool applications.

We are staying November 26- December 3, YC. November 24-26, POR (great deal through agency and decided to come down two nights earlier!!! super excited!)

Any tips for split stay luggage transportation? I thought I read that you can leave luggage with Bell services at hotel (POR) and they will handle moving it to YC for us so we can go and enjoy HS and not worry. Any ideas if that is correct?

I am concerned about Raglan Road since several of you mentioned the food was disappointing. Did something change at the restaurant? I was there in May and it was delicious.

Sorry if this has been discussed at length. Showers by the pool?!?! That's great. I assume we can use them before we leave on check out day after a last minute pool dip. Any idea on the construction status?

Bell Services will move your luggage for you. But it will not be available to you until 4 or 5 PM . You will have to pick it up or call to have it delivered once you are in your room. They will not deliver to an empty room like DME will. Pack what you may need in a day bag.
We were very disappointed at Raglan Road. We have been going since it's soft opening and loved it. It was the worst dinner of our trip. None of us enjoyed our food and the band was the worst we have seen.

Bell Services will move your luggage for you. But it will not be available to you until 4 or 5 PM . You will have to pick it up or call to have it delivered once you are in your room. They will not deliver to an empty room like DME will. Pack what you may need in a day bag.
We were very disappointed at Raglan Road. We have been going since it's soft opening and loved it. It was the worst dinner of our trip. None of us enjoyed our food and the band was the worst we have seen.
Thanks. Availability isn't a concern, thankfully. Totally rethinking raglan road. Have reservations at Boathouse, homecoming and Raglan Road but need to cancel one. Boathouse is a Gibson's which we have here. Really torn.

We're doing a split-stay between BC and BCV for Marathon Weekend in January (one night at BC, then transferring over to BCV). What do y'all advise I do with luggage? When I check-in, can I just have bell services hold my larger bag until we move to the villa on Friday? Or should I just leave it in the car until Friday?

I was hoping to just have to worry about a small bag with toiletries, running gear, sleep stuff and pool attire for the Thursday stay at BC (most members of my party will be arriving late, late, late on Thursday night). Also - is there a way to have their checked bags held until check-in for the Villa on Friday? They land at 11 p.m. and 12:15 a.m. respectively, so I highly doubt they'd get checked luggage before the morning anyway ...

Sorry if these are dumb questions - I'm a resort/DME newbie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter