Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

page 714-715

I'll be there 10/29-11/3 at the BC. Can't wait!!

I don't have you on the list!

:welcome: back!

Long time lurker, first time poster! First off, I love this thread as the BC is our absolute favorite Disney Resort. My DH and I are visiting 1/8-1/14. We are planning on doing Hoop-Dee-Doo and I was wondering what the most efficient way to get there was? We will be doing EPCOT earlier in the day and our Hoop-Dee-Doo reservation is at 8:30.

Thanks for posting and :welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:cool1:

Others have given you some advice- good thing- I have never done this so I am no help here.

:confused:

Hello

I have a question that I know my YC/BC friends can help with! I have always stayed at the YC. We are going this July with a package from "that agency". They only have BC available which I was happy to take :) I will have a group that will have children as well as elderly people. Is there a way to get to the YC bus stop so that they have a better chance of getting a seat? Would you go outside or through the lobbies? About how long would it take? Thanks for any help!

:wave2:

I don't have you on the BOG list, so I will add you.

:woohoo:

It is 5 minutes from YC lobby to BC lobby going by the inside/covered path.

I timed the outside route, lakeside from lobby-ish to lobby-ish: 3 minutes.

Does anyone know if there is a path at the front (parking lot) side of the buildings where you can walk between the two resorts? I have never tried this.

:cool2:

My wife and I are staying in a BCV studio over Easter 2017 (April 13-17) and we're super-excited to be walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios for the first time! We booked Easter dinner at Cape May Cafe and plan to spend a lot of time at Epcot over the course of our visit - soaking in the Flower & Garden Festival. Any recommended must-dos during our visit?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Check out Page 1 of this thread, particularly Post 1, Post 13 FAQ and Post 14 Other Useful Info.

Pool time is a must-do.

:fish:

Here's my mini report on the DVC forum when I got back, let me know if you have questions!

"We've been members there since 2003 and this was the best room experience we've ever had. We were in our requested area for a studio, right by the elevator on the third floor, close to the lobby, woods view. I LOVED the renovated room!! So many years, by the end of our trip, our room is totally cluttered. Not this time. There was tons of storage. We were kind of shocked at the small drawers at first, but then quickly just rolled our shirts and shorts, and it worked out perfectly. I used the drawers underneath the coffee table and bedside table for misc. stuff, worked out fantastic. I also loved the mattress topper, SO comfortable. We used the table for breakfast every morning and the room felt very spacious for the two of us. The best thing I packed was an old fashioned light up digital clock. I have to know the time in the middle of the night, or all day for that matter, and don't want to check my phone for it. I'll bring that back each trip. Stayed for two weeks, trash and towel came right on time. They brought back the ice water downstairs before you get on the elevator, a much appreciated small thing when its hot. Used either the villa pool and Stormalong Bay every afternoon. Two of the SAB hot tubs were malfunctioning, but I'm sure will be up and running soon. I was never so happy to see one of them "over 18 only", so welcomed!! but that was the one that the temp. wasn't working, they said they were waiting for a part to come in. We were there during the hurricane, Disney did a phenomenal job entertaining families and feeding them. I say well done to DVC on updating my second home!!"

Thank you so much for sharing your review!

May I add a link to it on the Review Post 16?

Thanks!

:goodvibes

Just got back from another great F&W trip to the BCVs. Standard MO with a select park in the AM, Dunes Cove pool midday [after my run], and Epcot late afternoon into the evening. Enjoyed Dennis DeYoung on our arrival day even though he did not sing. His band did a great job of filling in for him. I thought Christopher Cross was good and also enjoyed Toad the Wet Sprocket. Chaka Khan and Billy Ocean also put on good shows. Still love to watch the Star Wars fireworks from our "VIP" spot by the Boardwalk Villas community center adjacent to the walkway by the canal. They even have 2 adirondack chairs there! As promised, I got a picture of the 2 grills by the Dunes Cove pool for folks to reference. Although there were ashes in both grills, in all of my stays I have yet to see anyone actually use them!

P1010294_zpsozcsg1zb.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a path at the front (parking lot) side of the buildings where you can walk between the two resorts? I have never tried this.
Yes, we have walked from the BC bus stop to the YC bus stop on the parking lot side. Just follow the sidewalk. It takes you in front of the convention center.

Yes, we have walked from the BC bus stop to the YC bus stop on the parking lot side. Just follow the sidewalk. It takes you in front of the convention center.

Thanks! Saw a path when we were in front at the YC, but never ventured down. I'm guessing that is the quickest way to get from one bus stop to the other.

Just booked a quick weekend stay at the BC from 12/30 to 1/1!! I've been dying to ring in the new year at Epcot for years and this year we're finally making it happen. I didn't expect to be back at BC so soon but I am over the moon excited :yay:

I am little nervous about the crowds but figured BC would be the best location to avoid the traffic/busses afterwards. Anybody have any tips on NYE at Epcot?

I have San Angel Inn booked for dinner but was wondering if Cape May would be a better idea to break up the day and have a little "calm" time. Would we have trouble getting back into the park?

We are going March 8-13th and then June 20-29th with the deal :) We are staying June 14-20th at the Poly because we couldn't get the deal for the Beach Club at that time.

We booked direct for 21st June for 2 weeks (UK free dining). The week before was realllllly expensive, literally thousands more, so I am assuming there are loads of rooms blocked out for a conference or similar. So we are doing LA/Disneyland on the first week 14th-21, then flying to WDW for the next two weeks :D

Just booked a quick weekend stay at the BC from 12/30 to 1/1!! I've been dying to ring in the new year at Epcot for years and this year we're finally making it happen. I didn't expect to be back at BC so soon but I am over the moon excited :yay:

I am little nervous about the crowds but figured BC would be the best location to avoid the traffic/busses afterwards. Anybody have any tips on NYE at Epcot?

I have San Angel Inn booked for dinner but was wondering if Cape May would be a better idea to break up the day and have a little "calm" time. Would we have trouble getting back into the park?
I wouldn't leave the park - just stretch out your ADR for some down time, you'll need it :)

Have fun - NYE is on my bucket list, too, and I'd definitely pick an Epcot resort!!!

Looking forward to our first Beach Club stay 12/10-12/13. It's one of the few Disney resorts we haven't stayed at yet (we're trying to get to them all!) Excited as it will be super convenient to EPCOT and DHS which are tops on our list for our short trip!:cool1:

page 716-718

We got the same email so I dont think it is a mix up, my TA messaged me offering upgrade to GF. I am going to take it but I havent gotten the confirmation back yet. I think it's probably YC reno and redistributing rooms is my guess? I hope it works, I love BC but the GF for the same rate would be pretty sweet. Plus i have YC in december still booked :)

I'll changeover the resort for the stay on the Be Our Guest list.

::yes::

I am sad to say we are not staying at the YC in March DD really wants to stay at the BWI. I was able to make the switch under the Disney Visa promotion and save some money. I love the BWI but really wanted to stay at the YC/BC. At least we can visit in November, we have our Thanksgiving dinner booked at the Yachtman's Steak House and another dinner at Beaches and Cream.

I'll adjust the list to show the change.

Be Our Guest List

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip? Which resort- BC/YC/BCV?

Please let us know if you have any questions.

The outage did affect guest rooms, the lobby and marketplace. We didn't have power today from 1130-1pm (quiet pools were closed) as we were wrapping up our 6 day stay...

According to management the planned outages today and yesterday were a requirement from the Fire Dept following the unplanned outage the other evening for several hours that left a lot of things at the resort inoperable until 8-9am - I'm guessing the backup systems didn't quite do the trick for life safety during the overnight outage and the FD wanted to check things out.

It certainly seems like you had a lot of annoying disruptions during your trip, between the power outages and the loud, late parties. I think you should write a letter to Guest Services describing everything you experienced. One or two instances can be excused, but you had an unacceptable number of disruptions during your trip which I'm sure had an impact on the relaxation and enjoyment of your trip and particularly the resort.

:(

Well we are back from our 2 nights at the Yacht Club. I did the online check in and requested upper floor, near elevator. We booked a standard view room.

*snip*

It was nice to stay there for the 2 days but we could only afford it with the ap discount.

:thumbsup2

Someone was asking the lifeguard how warm the water temp was. Shw said it was 83 degrees I think and she has to check it every 30 min??

I LOVE details like this!

We got a room with no picture of captain creepy on the wall, yay!!

:rotfl2:

We have friends going the same time as us, all staying at the BC. What are the chances of us getting a room near each other if I fax in a request? Our reservations are linked in MDE, but I doubt that we would automatically have rooms near each other.

We have friends going the same time as us, all staying at the BC. What are the chances of us getting a room near each other if I fax in a request? Our reservations are linked in MDE, but I doubt that we would automatically have rooms near each other.

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

My understanding is that the room assigners at most of the resorts (with the exception of POR), do not pay attention to the faxes that are sent in.

I think your best bet is to call in your request by phone to the Central Reservations Office and to have your friends do the same. If you have booked through a travel agent, they will need to call to add the request to your reservation.

You probably want to say something like: "Room near "Goofy" family, checking in on XX/XX/XX", please.

page 718-719

Just got back from another great F&W trip to the BCVs. Standard MO with a select park in the AM, Dunes Cove pool midday [after my run], and Epcot late afternoon into the evening. Enjoyed Dennis DeYoung on our arrival day even though he did not sing. His band did a great job of filling in for him. I thought Christopher Cross was good and also enjoyed Toad the Sprocket. Chaka Khan and Billy Ocean also put on good shows. Still love to watch the Star Wars fireworks from our "VIP" spot by the Boardwalk Villas community center adjacent to the walkway by the canal. They even have 2 adirondack chairs there! As promised, I got a picture of the 2 grills by the Dunes Cove pool for folks to reference. Although there were ashes in both grills, in all of my stays I have yet to see anyone actually use them!

P1010294_zpsozcsg1zb.jpg

Thanks for your review and especially the picture of the grills!

:thumbsup2

I'll add you to the list.

I am trying to find a link to a trip report from someone who was staying at the Boardwalk on NYE. When I get the link from that night, I'll post it here.

We booked direct for 21st June for 2 weeks (UK free dining). The week before was realllllly expensive, literally thousands more, so I am assuming there are loads of rooms blocked out for a conference or similar. So we are doing LA/Disneyland on the first week 14th-21, then flying to WDW for the next two weeks :D

party:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Where are you staying for the DL part of your trip?

Looking forward to our first Beach Club stay 12/10-12/13. It's one of the few Disney resorts we haven't stayed at yet (we're trying to get to them all!) Excited as it will be super convenient to EPCOT and DHS which are tops on our list for our short trip!:cool1:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Dee just read your CL reviews!! Great details!! Makes me sad our trip is over from our YC CL stay last month.

Thanks!

I liked your post for the kind comments. Not for you being sad.

;)

Received everything I needed for the Wine and Dine half. Checking into the BC Thursday!!!

Have a great run and a fantastic trip!

:cheer2:

Coffee....where can you get coffee with your refillable mug at the Beach Club?

When is your trip?

Just got home today after staying 6 nights at BC.
We had booked standard view and the first request (both TP fax and online checkin) was for a large balcony.

We got room 2654, right up the stairs from the lobby, above the bell services/outside valet.
This room has no balcony :( and is shaped longer, so I believe its a larger room than normal. We had a full couch and a chair (but no balcony....sigh) it does have a king bed however.

Unfortunately, this room is bad if you are a light sleeper or need an afternoon rest or want to sleep in. You hear lots of activity down in the lobby -- one time it was 2-3am when there was a constant sweeping noise and vibration. I opened my room door to see about 3 maintenance staff on a lift near my 2nd floor room doing some work and talking loudly :( Also, the A/C unit in the room vibrates loudly every 2-3 minutes. We are not complainers, so we didn't say anything, but I thought i'd report it here in case someone else unfortunately gets assigned this room.

Other than that, everything else at BC is wonderful - great services in the restaurants, marketplace and desk/bell staff were friendly each time :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter