Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Would anyone like to take on the mission of asking at HH? @EasternShoreGal

I'm on it! Sorry for the gap in the live updates but DH arrived and we met a super nice family we were hanging with and it was wasting away in Stormalong Bay. :drinking1

And more dark side, and MK, and the Finding Dory movie so it has been a little nuts.

From what I am understanding, the second wing of BCVs is either completed or very close. Hopefully there will be significantly more progress by the time your trip rolls around.

We are in a room on the 3rd floor of that wing now. Nothing obvious in any of the hallways of the almost completed wing but I heard someone say they were sill doing some soft things in the rooms on the first floor the other day. Going to see if I can peek in a window. They have closed off access to the 5th floor from the main elevators. I tried to go up the stairwell from the laundry room and it was blocked off. Told hubby I was going to take a walk around to see today. We were crazy busy yesterday so I think we are going to do a quiet day today. Will give a full update on refurb later today.

I also haven't gotten pics of the menu (including kids) at marketplace yet. Still on my list. We haven't been thru there but def will today.

Good morning! In six days, we will be at the Yacht Club! We stayed there last summer, but we only went to MK. This year, we are going to Epcot. I am wondering how rope drop works when you enter from the International Gateway. We will be at Epcot the day before FEA opens (bummer!!), so we will miss that crowd, but I'm sure it will be busy since the new Soarin opens a few days prior. We have FP for Soarin, so our goal is to go to Test Track first. Is it quicker to enter from the International Gateway? Thanks for any info!!!

Kpm76- I'm considering upgrading our upcoming YC stay to CL. Have never tried concierge before. How are the offerings during the day? Did you take any pictures of the food? Is it worth the upgrade costs?

(I'm Kpm76's DH)
Breakfast was similar everyday. Bagels, pastries, cereals, yogurt with granola, fresh fruit, coffee. Then at 11am, there are kettle chips, veggies with dip and hummus, cookies, swedish fish and trail mixes, along with iced tea, lemonade and punch. 5pm is heavy hor's d'oeuvres (one night it was bacon-wrapped scollops, various cold salads and small spanikoita), veggies, rolls with either PB&J or butter, cheese and crackers, apples and caramel, beer and wine. 8pm is desserts, with small brownies, cupcakes, rice krispie treats, and more swedish fish.

The food was always fresh and very good. The staff is very happy to help and get what they can for you within reason.

For us, CL is a great place to relax and cool off from the summer heat and interact with other guests and with cast. Our son loved asking the other kids in the lounge what they did that day and talking with the cast about the parks.

You can't really replace all of your meals with CL offering, but we are not heavy eaters at all, and could never do three meals, plus CL offerings - especially in the heat. That being said, we never paid extra for breakfast or dinner - just hearty lunch everyday.

Also, there was a tone of value for us because our flight was very late on our last day, so we had 3 full days of CL use, even though we only stayed for 2 nights.

Does anyone have suggestions on a cocktail by the pool? The ones on the menu look good but very sugary and have soda in them (Sprite, coke).

Also for whoever asked, the water in the lounge is "natura water".. Never heard of it before.

I just did online check-in, and I didn't see an option to request a day bed. Do I need to call for that? Is there a specific number to call? Last time we stayed at BC, we got a day bed automatically, but now my DDs are spoiled and don't want to share a bed.

I just did online check-in, and I didn't see an option to request a day bed. Do I need to call for that? Is there a specific number to call? Last time we stayed at BC, we got a day bed automatically, but now my DDs are spoiled and don't want to share a bed.

:welcome:

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

Yes, you have to call Disney reservations to add a request for a daybed to your reservation. If you booked through a travel agency, they need to make the request on your behalf.

(407) 939-1936

:thumbsup2

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

Yes, you have to call Disney reservations to add a request for a daybed to your reservation. If you booked through a travel agency, they need to make the request on your behalf.

(407) 939-1936

:thumbsup2

Thanks! We're just going for two nights for 4th of July. I booked it through Disney directly. I will call now and request the daybed.

Good morning! In six days, we will be at the Yacht Club! We stayed there last summer, but we only went to MK. This year, we are going to Epcot. I am wondering how rope drop works when you enter from the International Gateway. We will be at Epcot the day before FEA opens (bummer!!), so we will miss that crowd, but I'm sure it will be busy since the new Soarin opens a few days prior. We have FP for Soarin, so our goal is to go to Test Track first. Is it quicker to enter from the International Gateway? Thanks for any info!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Here's the info from the FAQ Post 13 about using the International Gateway at park opening.

How do I get to EPCOT?

Guests of the EPCOT resorts enter EPCOT through the International Gateway. This entrance takes you to the World Showcase, on a path that is in between France and UK.

IGWalkway-2.jpg
IGSign-2.jpg
IGbypixarmom-1.jpg

Thanks for the pictures missyrose and pixeldust and pixarmom!

How do I enter EPCOT at rope drop/park opening?

Guests who enter EPCOT through the International Gateway prior to the park opening time should proceed on the walkway outside of UK and Canada. Cast members are stationed along the way (bridge to France being #1) to guide you through UK and Canada. After you pass the last little cart coming out of Canada you are directed onto the small pathway that leads toward the Fountain of Nations.

Usually, you will arrive at Soarin' either at the same time or just a moment or so after those who enter through the main gates.

Note: Starting in 2013, the French bakery is now open at 9 am when EPCOT opens, so you also have the opportunity to stop there in the morning for a treat. Not sure at this point if the bakery is open at 8 am when EPCOT has early extra magic hours, so if someone could confirm this info, I would appreciate it!

If you have a pre-opening breakfast scheduled at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, you will provide your name and/or reservation to a CM at the International Gateway. You proceed through UK and Canada as described above, then continue past Mexico to Norway.

However, guests of the BC/YC/BCV who need to be at the front of the park BEFORE park opening (for example, marathon runners or for special tours) will probably need to take a taxi from the resort to the front entrance of EPCOT.

:cheer2:

Does anyone have suggestions on a cocktail by the pool? The ones on the menu look good but very sugary and have soda in them (Sprite, coke).

Also for whoever asked, the water in the lounge is "natura water".. Never heard of it before.

What is it you like to drink?

The bartenders at HH are very accommodating.

Wine used to be available poolside and I assume they are still selling it.

If a Grey Goose slushie from France is to your liking, we have suggestions about how to use a refill mug to transport the beverage from the stand to the pool.

I'm a beer drinker, and was thrilled to discover the German grapefruit beer is available at edit: CREWS CUP lounge. Some recent posts suggest you may be able to get takeout from inside bars.

Let us know what ends up quenching your thirst.

:drinking1

Last edited:
What is it you like to drink?

The bartenders at HH are very accommodating.

Wine used to be available poolside and I assume they are still selling it.

If a Grey Goose slushie from France is to your liking, we have suggestions about how to use a refill mug to transport the beverage from the stand to the pool.

I'm a beer drinker, and was thrilled to discover the German grapefruit beer is available at the Captains Grille. Some recent posts suggest you may be able to get takeout from inside bars.

Let us know what ends up quenching your thirst.

:drinking1

They sure are accommodating! Last year, they took one of the orange slushies (non-alcoholic), poured some rum and god knows what else and let's just say... I was a happy girl :).

Is there a height limit for the kiddie water slide and the big water slide? We've always stayed at CBR and the splash pad there has a height limit of 48 inches but the water slide there has no height limit. My son loves the splash pad there but if he grows one more inch he will be too tall. He loves the water slides at CBR but there are no way as long or as tall as the beach club!!! Just thinking out loud - if we stay at the beach club is he going to be too big for the kiddie area but too small for the large slide? (I'm thinking for 2017) At CBR he could wear the life jacket on the slides - can he wear it on the big beach club slide? I read it said up to lifeguards - anyone gone recently and worn one? Since parents can't be in the water at the end of the slide. (my son is 5) Thanks for any input!

How are the air conditioners in the room? Is it helpful to be able to open the doors on the balcony to get fresh air? CBR doesn't have doors or windows you can open and the air conditioner always gives me red puffy eyes and congestion. Or could be all the rooms there just have a smell to them. I just thought it was the air conditioner. My right eye swelled up big time last week looked like I had a black eye! hehehe

Just called and got the daybed request added to our reservation.

Less than three weeks to go! We check in on July 2nd. This will be our first stay at YC, although we did stay at BC in 2014. This trip is about the new EP attractions for us. We have a Labor Day trip to Poly when we'll be doing MNSSHP and the AK night stuff. For our YC trip, we have FPs for new Soarin' and FEA. We're also doing the DVC party at CR on July 3rd and SW fireworks on the 2nd. Otherwise, we plan to spend a lot of time at SAB. My DDs loved it so much when we stayed at BC. That will be our way to combat the July weather.

Is there a height limit for the kiddie water slide and the big water slide? We've always stayed at CBR and the splash pad there has a height limit of 48 inches but the water slide there has no height limit. My son loves the splash pad there but if he grows one more inch he will be too tall. He loves the water slides at CBR but there are no way as long or as tall as the beach club!!! Just thinking out loud - if we stay at the beach club is he going to be too big for the kiddie area but too small for the large slide? (I'm thinking for 2017) At CBR he could wear the life jacket on the slides - can he wear it on the big beach club slide? I read it said up to lifeguards - anyone gone recently and worn one? Since parents can't be in the water at the end of the slide. (my son is 5) Thanks for any input!

How are the air conditioners in the room? Is it helpful to be able to open the doors on the balcony to get fresh air? CBR doesn't have doors or windows you can open and the air conditioner always gives me red puffy eyes and congestion. Or could be all the rooms there just have a smell to them. I just thought it was the air conditioner. My right eye swelled up big time last week looked like I had a black eye! hehehe

There is no height limit on the smaller slide. I rode it, I'm 5'11".
Lifejackets were allowed on the slide when I was there. My son (5) always had one on - no questions were ever asked. And you can be in the water, just not right at the end of the slide. If the lifeguard asks, just let them know you are waiting for your son. They would rather you be there to catch them, then to have to jump in themselves (Though they are always willing to jump in whenever it is called for!!!)

This picture is several years old, but as far as I know there are no height restrictions for the slide.

Post 3 on Page 1 of this thread has more info, pictures and videos about the water slides at the resort.

P7130789.jpg

* Please note that adults are not allowed to wait at the exit of the larger pool slide.

FAQ: Are children permitted to wear floatation devices on the Jib Slide?
A: Yes, subject to the life guard's discretion.

:fish:

We just got back from our big multi-family trip last Wednesday. We stayed at POR, which worked well for our group, but DH said that we are never staying anywhere except the BC again. ;) He didn't like the long bus lines at POR.

BTW, of note at SAB, the two hot tubs built into the rocks near the spa had signs posted on them last evening that they were for guests 18 and older. I have never seen that in the many times we have been to YAB and SAB. I was told by a few of the guests that either the day before or maybe it was earlier in the day, only one was marked that way. Not sure if it is a time thing or not, but I like the idea of having one of them adult only. Not sure that both of them should be.
There is a hot tub by the kiddie pool, and it is usually full of kids who tend to jump on anyone sitting in there.

Hmmm... I remember a request for this more than a year ago in a previous thread- from a woman whose daughter was going to have a wedding function at Ariel's Grotto and wanted a picture of the bathroom nearby. We were able to provide a picture. I don't remember a recent question, but I could have missed it. I'll search this thread for bathrooms to see if I can find a request.

I remember seeing that post. We were in that washroom last Tuesday night, the night we dined at Cape May. It has a nice size dressing area, with a large mirror and counter under it. Then there is a sink area with, I think, three sinks. There are only three toilet stalls, though.

Just got back last night from our WDW trip. We stayed at BCV for the first time. Our family has 8 members, so we needed 2 studio rooms--we are not DVC and the price of 2 studios was far cheaper than a 2 bedroom unit. I had tried for months to get a room at either YC or BC, but was not able to secure one. When one did become available, it was only 1 room and not the 2 I needed. I was really concerned about staying in the BCV due to the renovations that were happening. I knew I wanted a renovated room (one that slept 5 would have been even better). I spent many sleepless night before the trip worrying about our rooms. Stupid things to worry about for sure!!
We got to the the BC to check in about 1:45. I talked with Adam at check in. He was very sweet! Our rooms were not ready, so we decided to park our car and just explore the resort, get our refillable cups and take pictures. The resort was lovely and Stormalong Bay was just as I had imagined! The kids and DH found an outdoor ping pong table and played for a while. I got a text saying that I needed to go to the front desk to check in to our room. I went to visit Adam again--hoping there were no problems with our reservation. It turned out that there were some issues--being that we had 2 BCV studio room. It was something that Adam had never worked with before. I still do not know why this was an issue. One of our rooms was ready and the other would be ready soon. We knew that we would be be getting connecting rooms--since there were none at BCV's. I think that may have been the problem. Adam kept asking if I knew that the rooms were not connecting. I did know this. That was another reason for trying to get YC or BC. But, this was not a huge issue. Our room was 269. When I did online check in, I requested high floor, large balcony. I would say that the high floor was for sure not met. We did have a balcony, but it was just a standard (for BCV) size. Most importantly, I saw that our room number was 269, and I knew this was a renovated room!!!!!! Yay!! I could not request a renovated room, and that was my most important request!! So, we were blessed before we even entered our room!!
About 4:30 I went down and talked with Adam again about out other room. He was super nice once again. He was not sure why I had not gotten a text earlier, because the room had been ready a an hour! Our other room was 275. Just a few rooms from the first room. The rooms were bright and calm feeling. They are small rooms though. 4 people in these room do feel crowded--5 people and you are on top of each other. All 5 boys wanted to stay together and it was too much!! But, having 4 people (including one on the sofa bed and one on the pull down bed) worked--tightly. The only issue we had (in each room) was that the pull down bed did not latch in the morning when we went to put it up. The push button on the bed nearest window side of each room stuck in. We were able to hit the button in one of the rooms to get it unstuck, but were ever able to fix the bed in our room. The other minor inconvenience was the lack of storage in the room. The drawers on either side of the pull down bed were only half drawers. My clothes fit fine, but mens shorts would not fit in the drawers!
I do think that we were either the first or second people to stay in these rooms. Our safe had not had the pull tag removed (think musical toy you buy your children--you need to removed the pull tag near the battery compartment to make it work), so my DH could not figure it out. I just happened to pull the tag out and the safe then worked. The broom in the closet had not beed used, and it smelled of new paint--not in a bad way though.

Attachments

• IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0433.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0434.jpg
    IMG_0434.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0439.JPG
    IMG_0439.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0441.JPG
    IMG_0441.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0442.JPG
    IMG_0442.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 62
image.jpegimage.jpeg
Greetings from the villas laundry room. Sorry the pic isnt so good. Took it with my iPad. These washers and dryers are different and not nearly as nice or large as the ones they had before so I wanted to give a pic. So the go with the flow approach that worked so beautifully the first few days doesn't always work. The fam decided they didn't like the dinner plans I had made for Saturday night so I cancelled them Friday night. Hubby arrived safely and we went to th Finding Dory Movie Saturday morning. We were specifically told not to talk about it except to say we liked it so no worries...no spoilers. We decided to spend some time at SAB since nobody wanted to use the fast passes I booked for the evening hours (DD had already been twice to HS by this time and of course all the must do's were taken by the time we got out of the movie and she informed me of this). Dinner was not such an easy task either. I didn't even have success with Open Table with a Disney Springs location that appealed.

We decided Crews Cup it was (or "takeout" from one of the lounges that we had discovered on the board here was available) Well, we got awfully comfy at SAB so takeout it was. Except that it wasn't. We went into Martha's Vineyard and were told in no uncertain terms that they do not do takeout and now that they knew that was our plan, they wouldn't let us order at the bar and package it to go. The lounge was completely empty but they said they can't do it because they won't let the demand compete with the kitchen. As I said, no one was at the lounge. And they knew I had TIW because I had told hem so they had a guaranteed 18% gratuity. No dice, DD was hungry so flatbread from the marketplace it was because I had told her we were not ordering pizza from Giordanos...guess who ordered pizza from Giordanos...whoopsie. They do deliver and will give you a heads up call when they are 5 mins out. Timing was perfect and they do really great stuffed pizza. I did later check at Ale and Compass and the word is they aren't supposed to do it because of potential demand but some cast members will do it. Probably depends on how busy the resort is.

Regarding my mission about kids meals and discounts. I asked three separate cast members including one at the actual registers at Hurricane Hannah's whether or not I could get a discount t if I didn't want the sand pail with the kids meal and got the same answer from all three. Price is the same regardless...no discount.

We have had mixed experience with this. We went for early EMH one day with exactly that thought in mind and they didn't have a separate line for folks with no bags. In addition, security didn't start checking bags up until 8am, then you still had to provide your pass for entrance to the park. By the time we made it in to the park, it was 8:15 and the lines were long. Not sure if this was just an EMH issue or not. We have also been held at a rope drop after the admission turnstiles and that worked better, but it seems to me that the walk is further from the back of the park to Test track than from the front as We always seemed to be in the back of the line. I have never checked it but pretty sure that it is longer which is a little bit of a disadvantage, but you don't have to get up so early to catch a bus either!

Last edited:
More photos

Attachments

• IMG_0873.jpg
    IMG_0873.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0874.jpg
    IMG_0874.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0875.jpg
    IMG_0875.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0881.jpg
    IMG_0881.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0882.jpg
    IMG_0882.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 58

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter