Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I saw that there are outdoor showers and lockers near storm along bay, but is there anywhere to change? We have a late flight and will definitely want to swim after check out.

I saw that there are outdoor showers and lockers near storm along bay, but is there anywhere to change? We have a late flight and will definitely want to swim after check out.

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

The best place I have found to change is the rest rooms which are near Beaches & Cream (inside along the walkway). The stalls are good-sized and when I have used it, it has not been that busy. I have pictures somewhere and I'll post them when I have a chance (probably tomorrow morning)

There are bathrooms poolside, but the one time I changed in there I found them to be wet and kind of gross.

:fish:

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

The best place I have found to change is the rest rooms which are near Beaches & Cream (inside along the walkway). The stalls are good-sized and when I have used it, it has not been that busy. I have pictures somewhere and I'll post them when I have a chance (probably tomorrow morning)

There are bathrooms poolside, but the one time I changed in there I found them to be wet and kind of gross.

:fish:

Thanks! For the welcome and the info. It's a little surprising that a deluxe doesn't have a better option available than changing in a bathroom.

Our trip is in October.... We're bopping around a lot.... MNSSHP, Universal, and Legoland. I've always wanted to stay at Beach Club, but usually it is a little over budget for us. This time we had one night at the end to fill and I thought it was a perfect chance to try out Stormalong Bay. So we'll stay the night and then spend the day there after checkout, before heading to the airport for our 8 pm flight.

Has anyone stayed in a Deluxe Room at YC before? This will be our first stay in this room type at YC (we've done Deluxe room at WL) and I am wondering about a couple of things.
1. Is the balcony access through the sitting area or the bedroom area?
2. Can you access the bathroom from the sitting area directly if the doors between the bedroom and sitting area are closed?
3. We prefer to be closer to the swan/dolphin side with a direct boardwalk view. I understand that this category of rooms is very limited. Does anyone know if this type of view is even possible for a deluxe room?
Thanks in advance for any insight!

7 days till yacht club! party:

I have a question about magic bands and payments. I know that when you checkin they take a credit card for everything you charge to the room via magic band... But what if you have multiple people in a room with different payments, can there be separate cards for each magic band? (Ex: roommate A gets a souvenir and doesn't want it to go on the total bill) Just hoping there's a way to avoid having to go through all the charges to see who owes what at the end.

I have a question about magic bands and payments. I know that when you checkin they take a credit card for everything you charge to the room via magic band... But what if you have multiple people in a room with different payments, can there be separate cards for each magic band? (Ex: roommate A gets a souvenir and doesn't want it to go on the total bill) Just hoping there's a way to avoid having to go through all the charges to see who owes what at the end.

Yes the front desk will set it all up for you! Or you can set it up on your personal MDE accounts!

Thanks! For the welcome and the info. It's a little surprising that a deluxe doesn't have a better option available than changing in a bathroom.

Our trip is in October.... We're bopping around a lot.... MNSSHP, Universal, and Legoland. I've always wanted to stay at Beach Club, but usually it is a little over budget for us. This time we had one night at the end to fill and I thought it was a perfect chance to try out Stormalong Bay. So we'll stay the night and then spend the day there after checkout, before heading to the airport for our 8 pm flight.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread (Post 15)

Yes, definitely surprising and disappointing about the lack of changing facilities. Until recently (a year or so ago) you could use the locker room and showers at the health club to change. The spa/health club is not run directly by Disney- it is an outside company- and they limited usage of this area.

Not a very magical situation!

At any rate, this is the rest room I am referring to and have used to change when swimming on checkout day:

DSCF1222 - Copy.JPG

DSCF1223 - Copy.JPG

:cool2:

Thanks to my generous (if sometimes crabby) brother, we will now be doing a split stay in August with his family. 2 nights at OKW then BC for a week using the magical deal

We arrived at the Beach Club around 10:24am this morning. We saw three CM's with iPads greeting guests, including us. We had received a text that our room was ready so we headed off to the room. We've got a full balcony, a daybed and a woods view room. We can also see Illuminations from our room. It has been a busy day and we are exhausted, especially since we woke up at 3am this morning.

I walked past the Solarium this afternoon during the new afternoon tea. The doors to the Solarium were closed and the windows in the doors were frosted and you couldn't see what was going on inside.

The weather is beautiful with temps in the 70's, so we are very happy with that. :)

Does anyone know what time the movies by the pool are shown during the summer (we'll be there the last week in August)? I have to book our adrs next week and we'd like to see the movie a couple of evenings.

Also, will our magic bands allow us to use SAB after check out? We won't be leaving for the airport till the late afternoon. Otherwise we can just stay by the quiet pool.

Thank you!

Does anyone know what time the movies by the pool are shown during the summer (we'll be there the last week in August)? I have to book our adrs next week and we'd like to see the movie a couple of evenings.

Also, will our magic bands allow us to use SAB after check out? We won't be leaving for the airport till the late afternoon. Otherwise we can just stay by the quiet pool.

Thank you!

If you go to the 4th post in this thread (Activities) you will see the current and most recent Activities schedules for the resort. Directly below that, there is a link with the past activities schedules. You can find the ones for Aug 2015 and Aug 2014 which should answer your question.

Yes, you will be able to use Stormalong Bay after checkout. You are a guest of the resort until midnight of your checkout day. Then, like it did for Cinderella, the magic stops :(

:goodvibes:

The BAD NEWS: There are lockers located at the pool but they wouldn't fit a carry on.

THE GOOD NEWS: Bell services will gladly store your luggage on your check out day. You can access your stored luggage as many times as you need to so no problems there. What I do is take a smaller bag, like a tote, out of my carry on and take that to the pool with all my essentials. That will fit into the poolside locker so you can safely store your belongings when you are whizzing down the giant pool slide, or if you aren't that adventurous then as you whiz down the baby slide ; )

I don't believe there is a huge demand for those pool side lockers so I would bet that getting an open one wouldn't be a problem.

Remember that even though you have checked out of your room you still have full use of all of the resort amenities for the rest of that day. Feel free to ask the staff for help with any matter as they will be happy to assist you.

~NM
Sounds great, thanks. I really just need a place to store our electronics and personal items. My dw does not like to leave these with bell services. I like the idea of a small bag we can take out of our carry on. Might give that a try.

How many pillows are on the beds at BCV and for the pull out sofa? Traditional two a piece or more like a luxury resorts?

Just a short update on our trip. The weather is beautiful and we are enjoying our pool time! We have eaten at Yachtsman for our anniversary dinner, delicious as always, Rose and Crown, very good, and Cape May for Breakfast. I finally convinced my husband to get his picture taken with characters! We saw Aurura and Tink on the path from the International Gateway last night. My grand children will be surprised to see Popa with them!

Spoke with a cast member at the desk up here last night and he said they are "streamlining" checkin. Do it on line and come right up stairs. If I had gotten notification before my trip that my magic band would have worked I would have done it. I never do online checkin when staying club level but I think they want you to now so you go right upstairs when no greeters are out front, because eventually they will be totally eliminated

How many pillows are on the beds at BCV and for the pull out sofa? Traditional two a piece or more like a luxury resorts?
I am sitting on a BC bed right now. Each bed has four pillows and there is a pillow and blanket in the closet for a total of nine pillows in the room.

And for those who want to know about outlets - there are two outlets and two USB ports on the nightstand, two outlets and two USB ports on the desk, four outlets and four USB ports on the dresser, two outlets on the wall next to the bed, two outlets next the the daybed, and two outlets next to the sink. And two more outlets next to the coffee maker.

ETA: We heard the starting fireworks and music from the Princess half marathon this morning. I expect to see a lot of princesses with medals later today. It is fun to see all the runners wearing their well deserved medals. :)

Just a bit of trivia - yesterday we walked from the entrance of the YC to DHS to see the fireworks. I tracked the exercise with my Fitbit and it recorded 1.15 miles. On the way back to the room I tracked it again. Since our room is close to the secret exit (room 1501) we walked past the Boardwalk clown pool and the Boardwalk bridge. It recorded .99 miles, just under a mile. So if your room is near the Epcot end of the resort, then the walk is shorter by walking past the clown pool. :)

We had dinner at Crews Cup Lounge and it was good as usual. Now we are on our way to breakfast at Captain's Grille. I just love the Epcot resort area. Everything is right here, within walking distance. :)

Last edited:
I am sitting on a BC bed right now. Each bed has four pillows and there is a pillow and blanket in the closet for a total of nine pillows in the room.

And for those who want to know about outlets - there are two outlets and two USB ports on the nightstand, two outlets and two USB ports on the desk, four outlets and four USB ports on the dresser, two outlets on the wall next to the bed, two outlets next the the daybed, and two outlets next to the sink. And two more outlets next to the coffee maker.

ETA: We heard the starting fireworks and music from the Princess half marathon this morning. I expect to see a lot of princesses with medals later today. It is fun to see all the runners wearing their well deserved medals. :)

Just a bit of trivia - yesterday we walked from the entrance of the YC to DHS to see the fireworks. I tracked the exercise with my Fitbit and it recorded 1.15 miles. On the way back to the room I tracked it again. Since our room is close to the secret exit (room 1501) we walked past the Boardwalk clown pool and the Boardwalk bridge. It recorded .99 miles, just under a mile. So if your room is near the Epcot end of the resort, then the walk is shorter by walking past the clown pool. :)

We had dinner at Crews Cup Lounge and it was good as usual. Now we are on our way to breakfast at Captain's Grille. I just love the Epcot resort area. Everything is right here, within walking distance. :)
We are at Captain's Grill for breakfast too!

Just wanted to say that we were just at BCV in mid-October 2015 and plan to be back in BCV in mid-November 2016.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter