Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

A friend is the project manager for the renovations. He starts on the BCV this coming week, then will start the YC rehab in August. He said there may be some overlap between the two, I guess depending if the BCV are completed on time.

Thanks! We have YC CL booked for a week in Sept. Had expected the 5th floor to be finished well before then, but guess not. We spend a lot of time in the room, usually only going the parks in the morning & swimming or resting in the room every afternoon. I might consider dropping club level at YC if they will still be working on it. Maybe do a split stay. If I drop club level at YC, I would consider a few nights at RPC in the Grand Floridian.

Hi Dee - you can add us to the Be Our Guest list now. We are returning to the Beach Club in February - garden view Feb 20th to 24th.

The above quote was posted on Pg. 355. So I'm wondering if they have postponed the renovation? I've got a YC CL trip planned for Jan 31- Feb 7th, but haven't heard anything from the IPO about any renovations.
You would get a letter in the mail when they start. They haven't started yet as far as I know.

We were at YC CL yesterday and today. Booked a standard CL room and never received any communication about switching. Upon check in, we received a great room overlooking the courtyard/SAB with a wonderful view of the fireworks.

There were no signs of construction yesterday, but this morning there were were 4-5 men in construction vests with rolling carts, etc in the closed lounge during the switch between breakfast and afternoon snacks. They were also in the halls after afternoon snacks were offered as well, though no sounds or sights of actual construction/work from what I saw.

The newly renovated lounge is so nice! For a "smaller" lounge, it was surprisingly bright and airy. The food was delicious and consistently refilled with no people back-ups/congestion or lack of places to sit. The staff was beyond accommodating and polite.

We had a great stay and will definitely return! Once I remember how to post pics, I'll update with what I have.

Just paid our trip in full! With the Canadian $$ sinking ever lower I decided to take the plunge and pay it off rather than waiting for another month. We are currently sitting at 70 cents to the US dollar... eek! Oh well, we are going to enjoy every minute of our trip and make magical memories, which is what it is all about. :)

p. 355-356 Going to try to get caught up this morning.

Hi all! Just back from 6 great days at the BC. We were in room 3711-standard view room with a full balcony and a daybed. Had a lovely roof view that included a partial long distance view of SAB. Could see the high fireworks from HS. First time in a standard view and would happily take the same room again. We were lucky to see Teena for a few minutes on our last day. We will miss seeing her in the lobby in the future but wish her the best going forward! Parks were crowded most days just as we expected. Sad to return to the 20 degree weather at home and snow but glad to have had our time enjoying the Florida warmth for a few days.

Thank you so much for your review and info. Any chance you have pictures of the view you can post or send to me by email?
beachclubdee at yahoo.

:cool2:

THANK YOU for this. I just booked my 2 Bedroom Villa for Dec. My first time at the Villas. I've stayed at the YC and BC.
It's great to see the refurb will be completed by Dec.

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Safe travels to all headed to Orlando this weekend for some cool, wet weather. Safe travels to all headed home from Orlando. It all ends too soon, doesn't it?

MikeyT, any family additions yet?
Katesdad

Did Mike reply to this? Sarah Jane, born Saturday Jan 2, 8 lbs. 14 oz, I believe. Family is doing great and I was fortunate to be able to see pictures of this beautiful baby when I met with Mike, his wife and family.

:lovestruc

Do you do this yourself using my Disney experience, or do you ask your travel agent to do it for you?

Currently weighing up getting a car for the whole trip vs renting one for part of the trip... what's everyones experiences like with magical express? How long does it normally take to get from the airport to Yacht/Beach club? Is there a specific order they usually stop in?

Your question got me thinking... I have not rented a car for a family Disney vacation. I would love if some of our friends here who do can give me an estimate of the time from wheels down on the plane, to luggage retrieval, to time to pickup rental car (do people have to go to the counters at MCO or is there an option of direct to car?) and then the drive to Disney.

I would say the average time for Magical Express is about 1 1/2 hours.

BTW- I was on the Tragical Depress back to the airport from the BC (and probably YC first) yesterday. Our bus was not entirely full, but we went directly from BC to MCO, no other resort stops. I forgot to time it, but I think we arrived at the airport around 9:30. I was at my SW gate at 10:10.

::yes::

I picked up this candle and our house smelt lovely yesterday. Does the Yacht Club smell the same? If so you ladies are going to make me never want to stay anywhere else.

I haven't spent a lot of time in the Yacht Club lobby. My understanding is that the same aroma, Aloe and Green Clover, is piped into the YC, but it seems to me from others' comments that the smell is not as pronounced at the YC.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
page 357-358

Very excited! Just officially added on 2 nights at YC Club Level four trip in May (the 22nd - the 24th). First part of trip will be 7 nights at POR. Am hoping this convinces the family that we should stay CL every trip...It will also be our first split also!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Should I be concerned? We have Yacht Club/Club level for 4 nights, arriving January 25, for husbands 65th birthday. They called you only a few days prior to your arrival and wanted to move you? Will the Beach Club be able to absorb that much movement? I was counting on the Yacht Club....:fish:

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

I don't think you should be concerned. So far, we have just heard from one person who has been offered a move (which worked out) but the lounge and club level floor at the YC were still open during the time period of that trip. Buzz seems to be that the YC room refurb is not imminent, although I haven't seen anything official. I originally wrote that it looks like the work has been delayed, but since we have never seen a timeline, the expected start dates have all been based on assumptions.

I will keep you all posted with any news we get, but right now I am in the dark and waiting for info along with everyone else!!!

:confused3

I was just on another site and a person that is at BCV said the renovations are set to start 1/22 lasting till 8/17.

We are going to be there the beginning go June. I want a high floor, and am paying in Cash (not a DVC member). What are my chances of getting a renovated room? I'd assume they will be more the 2/3 of the way done with the renovation by that point. I am also assuming that my cash stay is going to get less attention to requests than a DVC person putting in requests. We are booking in 2 Studios if that matters. Any opinions? Should I roll with it or would you guys suggest moving to BWI or even the Poly--the only other places that have rooms that are in my price range and in the locations I would be happy with...

Hard to estimate at this point how the construction will progress, especially when the work has not started. We should have a better idea as the work progresses this winter/spring. I am always very skeptical when I see an exact completion date posted (Aug 17) however the Beach Club timeline posted was pretty much right on track with the dates I saw for a late August 2015 completion.

Put in your request and continue to monitor this thread (particularly Post 1 on Page 1) for news and reviews from BCV guests.

:goodvibes

I would just like to say that the friendships some of you have obviously developed over the years are so very heartwarming. At least I assume none of you knew each other "before." I read and follow along on your adventures and admit that I'm quite jealous. God bless all of you :-).

It is amazing how a love of Disney and an internet connection can bring people together and result in very real friendships!

:grouphug:

hi all
headed to beach club next week. my wife is going to navc while I play with the 3 and 7 year old! can't wait.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for January.

:thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the "Behind the Seeds" tour. We are really looking forward to it in March.

I really enjoyed it. Our guide was Stephen and he was great. Tour was an hour and 15 minutes. Cost is $20 for adults, with all sorts of discounts available (Disney Visa, Annual passholder, etc) I paid $18- $17 for the tour, $1 voluntary donation to Disney's conservation efforts.

I love that there is no restriction on taking pictures on this tour even though it is backstage and I probably have more pictures of the tour than dollars in a Powerball jackpot. I'll post them along with a review. Eventually...

;)

Well, I just booked the Beach Club for our December trip!!! I was good though and saved some money and only booked a garden view, no club level this trip. The cost, even with my cast discount has gotten a little much for us retirees! Jim likes having the dinning plan, so that is fine. The good thing is the Holiday Cast discounts come out the beginning of Oct., so maybe I can get the bigger discount. Anyway, we will be there the 6th to the 13th of December and go to the Christmas party and Candlelight Processional. So, now 2 trips planned!!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you onto the Guest List.

:cheer2:

hi all
I assume the BC fridges are big enough for a quart?
thanks

Yes, in fact the doors of the fridge will accommodate a half-gallon of milk. Maybe even two half-gallons. There is a picture of the fridge on Page 1, either Post 13 or Post 14.

::yes::

page 359-

Iam planning a trip to either the Yacht Club Club Level or the Beach Club Club Level in September this year as part of my DD's surprise 21st birthday trip.
My question has probably been answered in this thread but as there is so much to read I hope you don't mind if I ask it anyway.
I have read that the Yacht Club Lounge has been refurbished and was wondering if the Yacht Club Club Level standard rooms will be undergoing a make over and if so when will this be started and when is it likely to be completed.

Yes lounge has been refurbished. The rooms on the 5th floor club level will be started soon. We have not seen a timetable. I think the beach club 5th floor room renovations took place from mid October to early December 2014

:)

ETA- I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. We have been getting mixed reports from various sources about when the YC room renovations will start.

Continue to monitor the first post on Page 1 of this thread for refurb news.

At this point, the only way to ensure you will have a renovated room is for a Beach Club stay. You can always book there and if the rooms at YC CL have been redone, Disney makes it easy to switch your reservation (if there is availability).

Hi all,

I am from the uk and am already in planning mode for our trip in August 2017! We always stayed offsite in a villa but in 2015 stayed at SSR with the free dining offer. We loved being in the Disney bubble and decided our next visit would also be on site. We had a dinner ADR at Yachtmans Steakhouse and explored the area and fell in love with the place. We are saving our pennies very hard to be able to stay at either Yacht Club or Beach Club for our holiday hoping we are able to take advantage of the free ddp that they usually offer uk guests as the flights and room rates add up for a 16 night stay which makes the long flight worthwhile. I do have a couple of questions if anyone would be kind enough to help me. We are staying in August so know it will be busy but will SAB be unbearable and will we be able to ever find 3 seats together??? I have read reports where people get up early and head off to the parks after reserving their loungers with towels for when they return late afternoon. Is this a common practice? We had no problems getting loungers at SSR in any of the pools and there were no saving of seats there. Also, I really love the Yacht Club side and the lobby etc but the Beach Club rooms look much nicer. I had read the Club Lounge at the Yacht Club is being refurbed but are the normal rooms and would they all be completed by August 2017? Sorry for the questions but the holiday will cost us about £8000 so we want to make sure we get the choice right :)

I will pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

My trips have been in July and August, and I can usually find one or two loungers together at the pool. I think the recreation CMs have gotten better about clearing unattended loungers that just have towels on them. The practice is frowned upon and not permitted, but that doesn't mean that people don't try. Since Stormalong Bay doesn't open until 9 in the summer (I think), nobody has access first thing in the morning, so the earliest the towel game could start is then.

Here is some info we have on the FAQ post about chair piggies:

No%20Saving%20Chairs.jpg

When my group was there in August, Stormalong Bay opened at 9 am, so you couldn't even access the pool area until then. So if you eat breakfast before 9 and get there when the pool opens, you shouldn't have a problem finding the spot you want.

My super-secret "shady" suggestion (see what I did there) is to get a couple of the seats at the top of the stairs of the gazebo looking thing above Hurricane Hanna's. You aren't really close to pool, so if you are trying to watch kids it isn't the best place, but it is out of the way and covered and there is often an open lounger or two.

In 4-5 trips to the pool in the past two trips we were always able to find a couple of chairs (sometimes chairs, not loungers) both in the afternoon and the morning, although sometimes we had to walk over a couple of bridges to get there.

Here's a bit of info we have on the first page about the "Towel Game"

Do guests play "The Towel Game" at Stormalong Bay? How do I deal with "Chair Piggies?"

Check out this useful post by NinjaMom:
Chair Piggies

:fish:

I sure hope the YC rooms are done by August 2017, but I am not going to make any promises.

It is very easy for us in the US to make changes to our reservation- change resorts or dates- but I don't know if that is the same for our friends across the pond. Hopefully some folks who have vacationed from the UK can let you know if you are able to change your resort reservations, like from BC to YC, without much hassle.

:cool2:

Last edited:
Can you add me to your list? Just booked July 2-6!!! It will be me, my dad, and my 24 year old nephew. I can't wait for DN to see the Fourth of July Fireworks!:bounce::Pinkbounc:bounce:

To find people via the "Ninja Mom Tarzan yell" you have to have the lungs for it.
*snip*

You forgot the style points for reenacting scenes from Titanic while yelling from a balcony.

You are correct madame. That is worth 5 points. (8 points Canadian)

How many points do you get for doing this in the buff?

You get 150 points but only if you can yell and hold 3 pretzel rolls strategically over your 'naughty bits'.

Hilarious!!!

I laughed so much I cried when I read these.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Last edited:
Ok so Disney called us They are starting YC CL room renovations and wanted us to move. We are now at the beach club. We arrive tomorrow night and I can't wait!

The rehab on the Beach Club Villas starts this week, the Yacht Club rehab is due to start August of this year (by which time the BCV should be close to being done, if not complete.)

I'm going to hazard a guess here and suggest that rteetz was moved to Beach Club CL because all rooms were booked at Yacht Club - including the room that no longer exists as it is now part of the lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter