Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ok so Disney called us They are starting YC CL room renovations and wanted us to move. We are now at the beach club. We arrive tomorrow night and I can't wait!

Should I be concerned? We have Yacht Club/Club level for 4 nights, arriving January 25, for husbands 65th birthday. They called you only a few days prior to your arrival and wanted to move you? Will the Beach Club be able to absorb that much movement? I was counting on the Yacht Club....:fish:

Should I be concerned? We have Yacht Club/Club level for 4 nights, arriving January 25, for husbands 65th birthday. They called you only a few days prior to your arrival and wanted to move you? Will the Beach Club be able to absorb that much movement? I was counting on the Yacht Club....:fish:
I would call or email the Yacht and Beach Club IPO and ask them your questions. Hoping you have a wonderful birthday celebration stay! :goodvibes

We're checking in to YC CL this Sunday and haven't heard anything, either.

I was just on another site and a person that is at BCV said the renovations are set to start 1/22 lasting till 8/17.

We are going to be there the beginning go June. I want a high floor, and am paying in Cash (not a DVC member). What are my chances of getting a renovated room? I'd assume they will be more the 2/3 of the way done with the renovation by that point. I am also assuming that my cash stay is going to get less attention to requests than a DVC person putting in requests. We are booking in 2 Studios if that matters. Any opinions? Should I roll with it or would you guys suggest moving to BWI or even the Poly--the only other places that have rooms that are in my price range and in the locations I would be happy with...

Yay!! Can't wait to see you tonight. I'll come running when I hear you shout.

I would just like to say that the friendships some of you have obviously developed over the years are so very heartwarming. At least I assume none of you knew each other "before." I read and follow along on your adventures and admit that I'm quite jealous. God bless all of you :-).

You don't have to move if you don't want to. It was just offered to us and we took it. We have enjoyed how it's worked out so far.

Hi, Janet! I'm a knitter also. I'm currently doing what's called a scoreboard knit-a-long for my DD. You can google it if you want to see what it's about!

(Just chiming in to be social! I go by "eeyoreland", but my real name is Sandy.)

I would just like to say that the friendships some of you have obviously developed over the years are so very heartwarming. At least I assume none of you knew each other "before." I read and follow along on your adventures and admit that I'm quite jealous. God bless all of you :-).
Hi eeyoreland, I saw your post today, and sort of remembered you posted awhile ago about knitting. I found it! I'm not familiar with a scoreboard knit-a-long, think I'll google.
Janet posted some of her amazing work on a blog. I don't think she updates it now, but it was so fun to follow along when she did.

I'm going to pick up some yarn this weekend. It's been awhile since I knitted, but I miss it. We're due for some awful weather, lake effect snow Sun thru Tues or so. Good time to knit.

This board is so friendly, lots of nice folks. I'm looking forward to hearing more about Dee's adventures with helping our friend Teena pack. I'm hoping they have fun while working...that makes things so much easier. :goodvibes

Probably should have just asked this here first since all the resident YC/BC pros are here...

How exactly do the quiet pools work at resorts? Specifically the Yacht Club since that's where I will be staying for my honeymoon. Do they actually get closed at a certain time and you can't use them? Or can you still go in them and be extra quiet? I know after a long day at the parks my will-be wife and I will probably want to take some time to relax in the pool or hot tub. Are we simply not allowed in at a certain time? I ask because the FAQ at the start of this thread seems a bit conflicting. It says the quiet pool is open 24/7 but then says the posted hours are 7am-11pm.

Probably should have just asked this here first since all the resident YC/BC pros are here...

How exactly do the quiet pools work at resorts? Specifically the Yacht Club since that's where I will be staying for my honeymoon. Do they actually get closed at a certain time and you can't use them? Or can you still go in them and be extra quiet? I know after a long day at the parks my will-be wife and I will probably want to take some time to relax in the pool or hot tub. Are we simply not allowed in at a certain time? I ask because the FAQ at the start of this thread seems a bit conflicting. It says the quiet pool is open 24/7 but then says the posted hours are 7am-11pm.
The posted hours are 7am to 11pm but I don't know if they ask you to get out if you are swimming outside of that time. They don't have lifeguards at the quiet pools. There are hot tubs at the quiet pools which usually don't have any kids in them. :)

The posted hours are 7am to 11pm but I don't know if they ask you to get out if you are swimming outside of that time. They don't have lifeguards at the quiet pools. There are hot tubs at the quiet pools which usually don't have any kids in them. :)

I'm hoping it won't be any issue to use the hot tub later at night. It would be nice to get SOME quieter relaxing time since it will be our honeymoon. We are late night people so we know we'll be looking to do that at the end of our day. I just personally don't feel like getting chased out of a pool if we aren't supposed to be in there.

I doubt anyone will say anything to you about being in the hot tub after hours. When we were at the Beach Club in April, 2013, our room on the 4th floor overlooked the "quiet" pool with a great view of Crescent Lake. The "quiet" pool was anything but quiet at night. After 2 nights of late swimmers (kids, too) and beer drinkers, with noise at 2:00 and 3:00 a.m., I finally called the desk to complain and was told they would have security check it out, but I don't think anyone was ever sent. Later in the week while checking on ADR's, another CM told me I should have asked to change rooms, but by then we didn't want to move and we loved our room, just not the noisy nights. So quiet pools are not necessarily quiet. Enjoy the pools and hot tubs, just remember there are rooms 20 feet away from the pool and most people need to sleep after midnight in order to get up early for rope drop!

I doubt anyone will say anything to you about being in the hot tub after hours. When we were at the Beach Club in April, 2013, our room on the 4th floor overlooked the "quiet" pool with a great view of Crescent Lake. The "quiet" pool was anything but quiet at night. After 2 nights of late swimmers (kids, too) and beer drinkers, with noise at 2:00 and 3:00 a.m., I finally called the desk to complain and was told they would have security check it out, but I don't think anyone was ever sent. Later in the week while checking on ADR's, another CM told me I should have asked to change rooms, but by then we didn't want to move and we loved our room, just not the noisy nights. So quiet pools are not necessarily quiet. Enjoy the pools and hot tubs, just remember there are rooms 20 feet away from the pool and most people need to sleep after midnight in order to get up early for rope drop!

Oh absolutely! I would never want to disturb people as I would never want to be disturbed.

Hi This is Dee- hijacking Teena's computer

We are working at the house this morning, then off to MK where we will meet up with Janetmom. ~NM taught me a really effective method of finding someone- we will just shout out her name loudly until we see her.

:thumbsup2

I can confirm this method does work. however people nearby do look at the "stalked" person in horror and I'm sure they wonder if you need saving

I'm hoping it won't be any issue to use the hot tub later at night. It would be nice to get SOME quieter relaxing time since it will be our honeymoon. We are late night people so we know we'll be looking to do that at the end of our day. I just personally don't feel like getting chased out of a pool if we aren't supposed to be in there.

Interesting thought. The posted hours at the BCV quiet pool changed a while ago to 7 AM to 11PM. It is clear you are not supposed to be in the pool or hot tub from 11PM to 7 AM. There is no one sitting there to "chase you out". But I suppose you could be asked to leave if you choose to use the pool or hot tub.
The change occurred resort wide

It's true they have always had posted hours and yet as long as you weren't disturbing anyone, nobody bothered you. However, sometime in late 2014 they started enforcing the posted pool hours across all WDW resorts. Even the leisure pools that don't have fences around them are being enforced.

At POR my MIL and FIL were asked to leave the leisure pool by their room. They said they never even spoke to each other and used the ladder to get in the pool as to not make any splashing noises. A security guard came by told them the pool is closed and asked them to leave.

My brother and sister in law were in the hot tub at BC this past August after late EMH at MK. They were just soaking in the warm water and the jets were off but were told by a CM that the leisure pool and hot tub were closed and they had to get out.

Now in both of these examples the guard and CM were very nice and apologetic about it, but it can happen that you get asked to leave.

Hi This is Dee- hijacking Teena's computer.

My flight got in about an hour early, and fortunately Teena was monitoring it so she was at the airport when I arrived. We chatted until way too late (midnight) and enjoyed catching up. I gave her a down payment on hugs, but more are due. There are more Disney touches in this house than in a refurbed Beach Club room. No Mickey Lifeguard Chair lamp or fish lamp, though. I looked!

We are working at the house this morning, then off to MK where we will meet up with Janetmom. ~NM taught me a really effective method of finding someone- we will just shout out her name loudly until we see her.

Enjoy your time together tonight! Miss you both!

hi all
headed to beach club next week. my wife is going to navc while I play with the 3 and 7 year old! can't wait.

"JanetMom! JanetMom"

Have a great time. :grouphug:

We had a great time tonight. I saw Teena and Dee before they had to shout my name. We rode some rides, ate some food and had a some laughs. It was a great way to spend my last night at WDW. I'll write more thoughts when we get home, but for now I can say we've had a great week and tonight was a highlight. :)

I did not know any of my Dis friends before but thanks to this friendly thread I've made some great friends and had the opportunity to meet some of them in person. It has been great to develop such a great group of disney friends!

Hi eeyoreland, I saw your post today, and sort of remembered you posted awhile ago about knitting. I found it! I'm not familiar with a scoreboard knit-a-long, think I'll google.
Janet posted some of her amazing work on a blog. I don't think she updates it now, but it was so fun to follow along when she did.

I'm going to pick up some yarn this weekend. It's been awhile since I knitted, but I miss it. We're due for some awful weather, lake effect snow Sun thru Tues or so. Good time to knit.

This board is so friendly, lots of nice folks. I'm looking forward to hearing more about Dee's adventures with helping our friend Teena pack. I'm hoping they have fun while working...that makes things so much easier. :goodvibes

I can't believe what a great knitting memory you have. Knitting is still a defining thing for my life. When I'm not planning a trip to disney, I'm thinking about knitting. I did abandon my personal blog a couple of years ago but did start another one this year that focuses on my mitten patterns that I design. Google Janet Welsh Knits and you'll find me and my mittens.

I didn't bring any knitting with me on this trip and I think this is the longest I've gone without knitting in the past 35 years. I want disney to open a yarn store!

WP_20160108_032.jpg WP_20160108_049.jpg

I can't believe these posted. I'll comment more in the morning from teenas computer

ETA: We had a fantastic time at Magic Kingdom!!!

When we first arrived, we were surprised and thrilled to see the Main Street Christmas decorations were still up. We decided to wait for the 3:00 after asking a Photopass Photographer what time it would be starting.

First time for me watching Festival of Fantasy. That dragon!

Then we got off our feet at Hall of Presidents. Enjoyed the show and wish some of those guys were around running for the Oval Office now!

On to our FP at Haunted Mansion where we met up with Janetmom.

Dinner at Columbia Harbor House (girl talks) where I got to try the Seafood Mac and Cheese. YUM!

Peter Pan Fast Pass. Big Thunder, first time in interactive queue with Teena and Janet- they had fun with the toys.

Pirates FP. Dole Whip from new, hidden stand behind Tiki Room.

Then Janet headed out and Teena and I watched the castle projection show and Wishes from Main Street. First time for me watching from there.

A great night!

::yes::

Last edited:
I can't believe these posted. I'll comment more in the morning from teenas computer

The Three Mouseketeers
wp_20160108_049-jpg.144198

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter