Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

While it might not be ideal for all we were assigned a ground floor water view one year. Near the exit (but not too near). We liked seeing the Board walk across the way as well as being able to get in and out quickly without winding passageways. Another year we had a ground floor view of the wedding gazebo. Didn't stick around the room waiting for a wedding but it was a better view than many. All booked as Standard Views.

I usually prefer the ground floor so that would work. Do you happen to remember the room numbers? I am going to try and figure out if there is a row of first floor rooms facing in that are considered standard view. Thank you!

What you read is true. From their research/surveys 89% of WDW guests use their phones as their alarm clock. They will be removing the clocks and installing a USB charging hub in those rooms that have not been refurbed recently.

That makes me happy I'd much rather have a usb hub

Puzzled .............
We would like to stay at Beach Club (2nd choice, YC) in early Sept 2016. Website says no BC only lagoon view rooms available for our dates. And says YC only garden view available. I've been checking for 2 mo now and this is the result I get for the first 2 weeks in Sept no matter how I move the dates around. Tonight I called and the CM's search revealed the same. Does anyone else find it odd that a both of these Deluxes would be THIS booked up 11 months (like I said, been checking since Oct) out? If this is truly the case, one would expect these resorts to be excluded from Free Dining (IF it's offered for fall 2016). Has that ever happened? I don't remember a Deluxe ever being excluded.

Thoughts?

EDITED to add- found a thread from JULY 2015 where website was showing two categories of rooms booked for similar dates as mine! A year and a few months in advance??
http://disboards.com/threads/no-standard-rooms-at-beach-club-sept-9-15-2016.3429850/

Last edited:

Puzzled .............
We would like to stay at Beach Club (2nd choice, YC) in early Sept 2016. Website says no BC only lagoon view rooms available for our dates. And says YC only garden view available. I've been checking for 2 mo now and this is the result I get for the first 2 weeks in Sept no matter how I move the dates around. Tonight I called and the CM's search revealed the same. Does anyone else find it odd that a both of these Deluxes would be THIS booked up 11 months (like I said, been checking since Oct) out? If this is truly the case, one would expect these resorts to be excluded from Free Dining (IF it's offered for fall 2016). Has that ever happened? I don't remember a Deluxe ever being excluded.

Thoughts?

EDITED to add- found a thread from JULY 2015 where website was showing two categories of rooms booked for similar dates as mine! A year and a few months in advance??
http://disboards.com/threads/no-standard-rooms-at-beach-club-sept-9-15-2016.3429850/

There is a "Magical" travel agency that holds group space at deluxes for "Labor Day" It is possible that all the standard rooms are being held by that TA. That is how I am booked in a standard room at BC for August 2016.

There is a "Magical" travel agency that holds group space at deluxes for "Labor Day" It is possible that all the standard rooms are being held by that TA. That is how I am booked in a standard room at BC for August 2016.
Well, that makes sense. I just snooped around and literally there is WAY more availability for Y&B Club in mid July and mid Aug than for early-mid Sept.
So what happens to these rooms if the Magical TA doesn't fill them?

Well ... it is official. My last day at the Beach Club will be January 25. Happy the house is sold. Unhappy because it's way too fast. I thought I had a few more months. So now I will be just like the rest of you ... counting down the days until my trip to WDW!!! And with Princess Lily, I'm sure it will be at least twice a year!!! In the meantime, stay tuned. Lily and Jeanne arrive Christmas night and after we celebrate Christmas on the 26th, we will be at the parks every day until they leave on January 2nd. So look for us if you are going to be at WDW over Christmas and if not, look for the pictures Dee will post off and on.

That happened so fast! I am really happy for you and glad I had a chance to meet you last March during our Beach Club stay. Best wishes to you on your next adventures!

We just returned from a 2 night stay at BCV followed by one night at YC CL. The CMs were very friendly and helpful at both resorts. There was a snag in that we never received the text alert with our room number from the BC, so we had to call from the park to get it all sorted out. You could smell the gingerbread throughout the BC main floor; it was wonderful. I think I may have liked the YC just a bit more because it was quieter and calmer, but I loved the ambiance at both. :) The CL lounge at the YC was nice, but my big complaint was they didn't have any bottled water available, even on request. We didn't get to try the hors d'oeuvres or desserts, but the breakfast and snack selections were nice with a decent variety.

Really? I use the clock to tell the time. I like to turn off the cell phones at night so nothing wakes me. Why would they remove the clocks when they can just leave them until they break, then take them out. :crazy2:

I also like having the clock so I can tell time. My sister lives in California and she'll frequently forget about the time change and text me at 3 in the morning when she can't sleep. I shut my phone off all the time now at night.

Dee, I'm glad you're okay. And hope the lying jerk who hit you gets what he deserves from the situation.

In an effort to avoid Star Wars spoilers (we're seeing it tomorrow), I started to clean out the kids cupboards in their bathroom. Holy cow. I mixed myself a Sunken Treasure to sip on for the second round of cleaning.

Last edited:
Checked out of YC this morning. We had AMAZING Pixie Dust this trip: we had a club level King room booked at the Contemporary Resort for 4 nights. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite! We moved to the YC on Wednesday & unbelievably, we were upgraded again!! And to the Captain's
Deck Suite no less!!! It is in the first floor & is apparently the largest suit square footage wise. We were in shock to receive this wonderful surprise twice in one trip!! We have been coming to WDW for over 20 years & except for an upgrade to CL once on a short 3 day trip about 8 years ago, we have never been upgraded.

Edit to add: we had a garden view club level room booked at YC. Both rooms were booked with bounceback rates on our trip in January.

Last edited:
In the lounge photos, the upholstered chairs & tv are where the old serving area was. The 2 serving areas pictured are the expanded area from a previous guest room. The seating area still has the 2 larger tables with bench seating. There are probably 4 smaller rectangular tables for 2 & maybe 5 tables for 4. (Just a rough estimate.) There is another serving area on the left when you first enter, where the cold beverages used to be. They have the muffins, bagels & toaster there in the morning & the wine etc there later.

The TA just releases any unsold rooms back to Disney at whatever date is in the contract.

Thanks for this. I'd imagine that in years past, WDW would have wanted the unbooked rooms back BEFORE they decide about Free Dining and so the same would go for this coming year if they are considering offering the promo again for fall 2016. I would think having the rooms "held" (by TA) but not booked would cloud the picture for them (wdw) as to % of rooms sold for the period under consideration.
When I was on the phone with the CM (who sounded young) I was saying how nuts it would be to have SO MANY of the rooms "unavailable" so far in advance esp during the slowest season for wdw. She insisted that if the rooms are unavailable, they were "booked" and couldn't understand why I thought that didn't seem reasonable. I guess she didn't know (as I didn't) about this "Magical TA".

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter