Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I hope you feel better soon Teena!! Will you be working next Sunday/Monday? I looked for you yesterday and didn't see you . Hopefully the doctor can get you feeling better, it's no fun coming home from vacation and then getting sick.

Yep I was there yesterday. Sorry I missed you. I will be scheduled for Sunday and Monday next week and hopefully the antibiotics will do their trick!!!!

It is not all rainbows and unicorns on some of the other threads/boards on the DIS. People can get really mean and self-righteous over some pretty petty issues.

I am extremely proud that for the most part everyone here is polite, respectful, friendly and helpful.

:grouphug:

This thread is a breath of fresh air. All the threads running things down (parks, hotels, prices, FP, ADRs) are just too depressing. I come here (DIS Boards) to help get info to make my holidays the best they can be, not to get myself worked up and stressed. This is pretty much the only thread where you can feel the holiday spirit and positivity.

We did the Family Magic Tour at Magic Kingdom yesterday and it was so much fun!!! It was a 2 hour scavenger hunt tour, it focused on the kiddos of the group but the adults had a blast also. I think we had a few extra surprises as we rode The Teacups and Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. I knew we would get to meet Peter Pan but we also got to meet Magic Mickey!!!! I am thinking that our clues were not in place on time and that's why we rode the rides, but that was fine by us, some extra pixie dust. We also galloped through Liberty Square, waddled like a penguin through Tomorrow Land and then drove race cars down Main Street USA. We thought the cost was very reasonable and would recommend it to others with young kiddos.
We saw La Nouba on Saturday night and it was amazing, everyone in our group enjoyed it from age 9-66. We have used Uber 3 times so far and can't say enough good things about it. I will say though that when they have their fare increase due to high demand I think it may be more expensive than a taxi. Last time we were here we took a cab to the Contemporary and it was around $14 without tip, we did it again yesterday and it was $21 and some change. The fare was increased X1.5 yesterday morning. It was not a big deal because we have free rides that we are using. But the convenience was worth it, all the drivers have been very friendly and their cars are super clean.
For those that have used Uber do you tip the driver? I know you don't have to but I was reading that the drivers won't give you a good rating if you don't, so we have been giving them a few dollars each time.
Today we are getting family pictures taken here at the Beach Club and I am so excited, I will share some of the pictures with you when we get back home.

hi everyone, thanks for all the advice and great info posted here but my disney dream has died... this sad news is a direct result of the crappy canadian dollar and our requirement for a new roof.

as much as i tried to ignore it, each time the wind picks up, my neighbours yards' are littered with chunks of shingles that have ripped from our roof... it sucks to be a grown up. i had awesome dining reservations, did my research for room requests; as a second trip i was determined to "do better" this time as i knew more. was also determined that the trip was meant to be because last year of osborne family lights, one of the biggest highlights of our first time to disney last year. sigh.

please take me off BOG list for dec 15-23. :(
someday yacht club ..... someday...

Yep I was there yesterday. Sorry I missed you. I will be scheduled for Sunday and Monday next week and hopefully the antibiotics will do their trick!!!!

We too missed you yesterday Teena. You were with another family & I thought I would just catch up today. So sorry to miss you, but take care of that COPD.
Yesterday was a great day at the MK. Not to busy - 40 minute wait for Space Mountain was our longest wait.
Great dinner at Raglan Road last night. Off to Epcot & F & W soon.

hi everyone, thanks for all the advice and great info posted here but my disney dream has died... this sad news is a direct result of the crappy canadian dollar and our requirement for a new roof.

as much as i tried to ignore it, each time the wind picks up, my neighbours yards' are littered with chunks of shingles that have ripped from our roof... it sucks to be a grown up. i had awesome dining reservations, did my research for room requests; as a second trip i was determined to "do better" this time as i knew more. was also determined that the trip was meant to be because last year of osborne family lights, one of the biggest highlights of our first time to disney last year. sigh.

please take me off BOG list for dec 15-23. :(
someday yacht club ..... someday...

I'm so sorry to hear this! Get your new roof and start planning for the future! Hugs.

There has been talk about the Touring Plans fax room request. We did that last week & did NOT get our request. The most important thing to me was 1st floor & we are on the 4th floor opposite side of the resort.

We too missed you yesterday Teena. You were with another family & I thought I would just catch up today. So sorry to miss you, but take care of that COPD.
Yesterday was a great day at the MK. Not to busy - 40 minute wait for Space Mountain was our longest wait.
Great dinner at Raglan Road last night. Off to Epcot & F & W soon.

Enjoy Food & Wine!!! We had a great time sampling all the different dishes. We loved the Fisherman Pie at Ireland's booth, and my kids loved the loaded mac & cheese at Farm Fresh. Oh, and the crispy pork belly at Brazil!!
Mary

Good evening all,
Hoping you folks can help me with some info. I'm looking at a "magical deal" for August 2016. The room offered is "standard". We are trying to decide if we should book BC or YC. I'm aware of the renovations going on at YC over the next year and I'm not too concerned. We are booking 2 rooms and would like them connecting with a full balconey.

I checked the touring plans room database and I'm not sure that the connecting room information is correct. I found one room that was supposed to be "connected" to a room 2 doors down.

I have found that the Room Finder on Touring Plans is extremely inaccurate when it comes to details like connecting room, handicapped rooms, king rooms, etc. I have also found their room views are wrong more times than not.

Does anyone know if the BC/YC standard rooms have a connecting option?
Any other suggestions to help us decide which resort to pick would be greatly appreciated!

There are definitely connecting rooms in the standard category. I don't know how many exactly but friends of ours have stayed at BC five times. All 5 they have booked standard, requested connecting rooms, got them each time and never had the same 2 rooms.

I have found that the Room Finder on Touring Plans is extremely inaccurate when it comes to details like connecting room, handicapped rooms, king rooms, etc. I have also found their room views are wrong more times than not.

Same here, they say this is roughly the view, but this photo was taken 4 floors up. It's not going to be accurate at all!

There has been talk about the Touring Plans fax room request. We did that last week & did NOT get our request. The most important thing to me was 1st floor & we are on the 4th floor opposite side of the resort.
I wonder why. Everyone I have talked to has said they got the request or pretty close to it.

I wonder why. Everyone I have talked to has said they got the request or pretty close to it.

Because it's just a request. With the high occupancy rate of WDW resorts just trying to get everything figured out with the sheer volume of check ins and check outs, it's like a giant game of Tetris. Then throw in room requests? :scared1:

It is true that resorts other than POR and POFQ are now reading faxed room requests. However, the faxes are the last thing the room assigners look at. And they look at them only if they have time. The best way to make room requests, when not staying at POR/POFQ, is still to call the main reservation line and add any room requests to your reservation.

I agree with Dansdad. With the high occupancy rate at the BCV I have never I received my request , even though I have called them in. I have never been disappointed either as I understand they are only a request.

It is not all rainbows and unicorns on some of the other threads/boards on the DIS. People can get really mean and self-righteous over some pretty petty issues.

I am extremely proud that for the most part everyone here is polite, respectful, friendly and helpful.

:grouphug:
Last week on the Dis podcast we didn't make top ten for September. However, because every last post in the top ten were overly negative and mean they have announced that it will no longer be based on popularity only.

Last week on the Dis podcast we didn't make top ten for September. However, because every last post in the top ten were overly negative and mean they have announced that it will no longer be based on popularity only.
Is there a link to the top 10 threads, or is it only available via podcast?

We're beginning to plan our next visit to WDW, this time in a 1BR at Bay Lake Tower. Our previous stay was a 1BR at the Beach Club Villas in April. Four of us (our 13 yo son and his best friend and my wife and I) really enjoyed the week at the BCV. While we had concerns about the décor based on the podcast video and other comments about it being tired, we had no complaints about the room, other than a bit of light bus traffic noise outside our 3rd floor room. We'd happily stay here again. But we're going for proximity to MK for the next trip.

The 1BR room was plenty spacious for the two boys in the living room, with plenty of room for the foldout sofa and a twin air bed we picked up at Target on the way from the airport. Plenty of space for in room breakfasts and snacks. Beds were comfortable, shower was fine, and after 3 long days in the parks, a bit of time in the Jacuzzi tub was great. Having the marketplace for supplies, the poolside bar and grill for late lunches and snacks during pooltime, and of course, Beaches and Cream worked very well. Thank god for the coffee maker and a bag of Starbucks from Target as the marketplace coffee, while improved over what used to be served, is still not very good. Concierge services at BCV were hit and miss. Not generally as helpful or knowledgeable as the BC concierge. Cleaning services did a nice job. The only thing we really missed was a larger balcony for breakfast. But with the buses passing behind the trees at a regular pace, it wouldn't have been all that relaxing any way (our Marina balcony at GF still ranks as our best).

Looking forward to comparing Bay Lake to Beach Club next stay. Glad we got to experience the themed décor before it changes over to the updated, more modern design when they ever get around to refurbishing the villas.

I have a question. I was going to make a request for a standard room to be close to the elevator and lobby. If we happen to get our request I wondered do we have to go through the lobby when we go to SAB or is there another exit to the pool?

Teena - Sorry to hear that you are sick! Hopefully the meds will help you get back to your cheery self.
Hoping to see you again when we check into our BC portion of the upcoming trip. I will look for you November 1-4!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter