Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

:thanks:
Hello! Been a while since I have checked in here. Lots going on in life.

Since we stayed at BCV in January and it was so cold and rainy and the slide was down for yearly repairs and didn't get to enjoy Stormalong Bay, I have us booked in a Lagoon/Pool view at YC from 09/13 - 09/16 before we head over to WL.

This was a surprise for DH who really really really wants to go down the slide.
And since he has been in Afghanistan since March and returns home on Aug 15 I thought he deserved that fun :)
Heartfelt thanks and Huge respect to you, :thanks: your husband :thanks:and your family. Enjoy your vacation!!

Ericka another Diser is at Beach Club right now and is going to check the marketplace and let me know. I can let you know or you can check her live updates. Fingers crossed we will find something out and if it can be purchased hopefully its not crazy expensive?

What are you looking for in the marketplace?

Ericka another Diser is at Beach Club right now and is going to check the marketplace and let me know. I can let you know or you can check her live updates. Fingers crossed we will find something out and if it can be purchased hopefully its not crazy expensive?
Come one, when has the mouse not taken advantage of its customers? Of course it will be crazy expensive, but then when you look at it every day you will eventually get your money's worth out of it!

trying to find out if they sell a print that is in one of the Club Level rooms :-)

I will try to check for artwork in the marketplace tomorrow.

Also - I saw cases (24 pack) of water in both Yacht Club gift shop and Beach Club Marketplace. No price on the shelf. I tried asking the price, but nobody knows for sure. Yacht Club cast member said about $8. Beach Club cast member said about $6.

I did not pursue it further because I did not want to buy it. But for informational purposes, if somebody actually buys a case of water and thus gets a confirmed price, they might want to post it here.

Also - I saw cases (24 pack) of water in both Yacht Club gift shop and Beach Club Marketplace. No price on the shelf. I tried asking the price, but nobody knows for sure. Yacht Club cast member said about $8. Beach Club cast member said about $6.

I did not pursue it further because I did not want to buy it. But for informational purposes, if somebody actually buys a case of water and thus gets a confirmed price, they might want to post it here.

Bought a case of small bottles of water last week in beach club shop for $6.79

Come one, when has the mouse not taken advantage of its customers? Of course it will be crazy expensive, but then when you look at it every day you will eventually get your money's worth out of it!

Lol... One can only hope ;) if its available that I won't have to take a second mortgage to get it :D hahaha.

It makes me nervous that they don't know the price. Someone reported that a case was around $17 at the Poly (I'm pretty sure I'm remembering this right), which is a bit steep.

Bought a case of small bottles of water last week in beach club shop for $6.79

Good to know! At that price, I'd just buy the water there. At the almost $20 for a case, I'd prefer to order from GG.

It makes me nervous that they don't know the price.GG.

There seem to be no price showing on a lot of the items. If it were something small and I was really curious, I would take it to the register to be scanned. But no way I am picking up a case of water to take to the register just out of curiosity.

While I am being chatty ( and too exhausted to move) I will report that I had the cheeseburger at Crew's Cup Lounge for lunch today. It was okay, but nothing to write home about.

I also had the chocolate Peanut butter cupcake from the grab and go refrigerator section of the beach club marketplace. Not one of my favorite Disney cupcakes. The frosting was cloyingly sweet.

And I got to talk to Teena! It was so nice to see her.

:cool1:
According to Erika's live report pictures it looks like the infamous dole whip float has made its way to BC!

There is a while frozen treat section where they used to rent the tubes and sold the noodles

Dole whips and the new frozen sunken treasures - can this trip get any better?

:cool1::cool1::cool1::goodvibes Sounds good to me!!

Good to know! At that price, I'd just buy the water there. At the almost $20 for a case, I'd prefer to order from GG.

The bottles were quite small but we thought it was really good value and it made no sense to buy individual bottles at $2.75each even though they were almost twice the size

Dole Whips at the pool!! How perfect!

We are down to 17 days and was so excited.... but I am into the final 7 days of in-office work, this is what I dread. The "yay vacation!", then "oh no, piles upon piles of work first". :crazy2:

Hope everyone else is having a better Monday!

According to Erika's live report pictures it looks like the infamous dole whip float has made its way to BC!

There is a while frozen treat section where they used to rent the tubes and sold the noodles

Dole whips and the new frozen sunken treasures - can this trip get any better?

I am meeting someone there after work next Sunday to have a whip!!!!!

page 110-117
:welcome:

Are you staying at the Beach Club or Yacht Club?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool2:

If you are staying at the YC, I don't think you will be affected at all. I believe there is one room at resort being worked on as a test model for the refurb so the likelihood of an impact during your stay is minimal. If you do find yourself near the work in progress and it bothers you or your daughter, respectfully ask for room change.

If you are staying at the Beach Club, work is continuing on the first floor rooms, but should be close to completion at that time if the work remains on schedule. If you are on one of the upper floor most likely you won't even realize anything is going on when you are in your room.

I don't know if it is helpful to add "away from any construction" to your room request, but you could try.

:thumbsup2

sorry, just saw this. Beach Club, my sister's getting married the 24th and her reception is at Ariels. :bride: we're pretty excited. hopefully construction will be done soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter