Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm in the same boat. We arrive @ Sept. 7 and are staying only until Sept. 12, so my FP selection days are much more limited with a shorter stay. It is IMPERATIVE we see A&E on Sept. 9 b/c my little one turns 5 that day and this is her birthday trip and her ONE WISH is to visit with A&E. Unfortunately, I saw that one day before I could book my FPs, Sept. 9 was all gone for A&E. When I could finally book (yes, I stayed up until midnight), status was the same. So I am checking on a daily basis; if we can't get any FP for that day, we'll just go early in the morning. TP shows that our wait should be "only" about 30 minutes so hopefully, that will hold true.

Good news is that it was no problem at all for me to book any of our other FPs, including 7DMT, TSMM and other popular attractions, even for the time slots I wanted. No trouble at all.
I hope you get a fast pass for your daughter

Can we bring a small float for our baby to sit in at SAB?

The lifeguards do not allow people to bring their own floats in the pools (Noodles are OK). That being said, the quiet pools do not have life guards guarding them and these pools are usually much calmer, which would work out better for a baby in a float.

~NM

Can we bring a small float for our baby to sit in at SAB?

Here is the post from the FAQ section of this thread. I asked a lifeguard about 5 years ago what was allowed and this information is based on that response.

Can I bring a float from home to use at Stormalong Bay?

According to a lifeguard, July 2010 (and confirmed periodically):

Outside floats are NOT permitted for adults in SAB. Previously, floats were available for rent for $3/hour or $10 day. Beginning in 2013, floats are available for use without a fee. Life jackets are available, free of charge, near where the poolside giftshop used to be.

Pool noodles, either from home or purchased at the pool gift shop, may be used in SAB. Young children may use floats that surround their body if an adult is within arm's reach. These rules are subject to change and may be affected by crowd conditions.

Hi all! Has anyone seen Oreo Bon Bons for sale at the Marketplace lately? They weren't available the week I was there in May. I just booked YC for August and I don't know if I can look forward to them or if they're gone for good :sad:.

Unfortunately, they are gone :(I don't remember when they were discontinued, I think sometime this spring. Here is the post that is on Page 1 of this thread, on the Community page (the same post that has the Sunken Treasure info)

Bye Bye Bon Bons

I have an announcement that may be upsetting to some... The chefs at the resort are no longer making Oreo Bon Bons for sale in the Beach Club Marketplace gift shop. This was once the signature dessert at the Cape May Clambake, but I believe they were discontinued at the buffet there awhile ago. Since then, they have been for sale in 6 packs in one of the grab and go cases, but I have been told by someone who was there yesterday that the last day they were selling them was Saturday.

Just in case anyone is having withdrawals, here is a recipe for the play at home version.

IMG_0352-1.jpg

Oreo Bon Bons

Ingredients (Yield 3 Dozen)

Mousse

1. 16 oz. heavy cream
  2. 6 egg yolks
  3. 16 oz. white chocolate
  4. 4 gelatin sheets or 2 tbs. powdered gelatin place in 3 oz water
  5. 1 dozen Oreo Cookies (crumbled)
  6. 3 dozen Oreo Cookies (whole)
Ganache

1. 16 oz. dark chocolate
  2. 16 oz. heavy cream
Instructions

Mousse

1. Melt chocolate.
  2. Whip 16 oz. heavy cream until consistency of ice cream.
  3. Place gelatin in cold water.
  4. Heat egg yolks until warm; add chocolate, stirring constantly.
  5. Place gelatin in microwave until gelatin is dissolved.
  6. While gelatin is heating, add one third of heavy cream to the egg yolk and white chocolate mixture; mix well.
  7. Add a little of the cream to the heated gelatin and mix well, then add both the gelatin mixture and the chocolate mixture to the remaining whipped cream and fold until incorporated.
  8. Fold in crumbled cookies, mixing well. Let mousse set up, around 2-4 hours.
  9. Place 3 dozen Oreo cookies on a sheet pan. Pipe mousse onto cookies, and dip into ganache.
Ganache

1. Over light heat, melt 16 oz. chocolate into 16 oz. of heavy cream, mixing until combined.

page 83-87

Joining in! Just booked a stay at BCV on rented DVC points for 6/6-6/12/16. We are doing a split stay and chose BCV for the first leg of our stay. Have never stayed at BC/YC/BCV before and am super excited!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Which resort are you splitting with?

:woohoo:

Ahh, I see. That makes perfect sense, and is an excellent idea!

:welcome: to this thread.

Do you have an upcoming stay at the resort?

:cool1:

Hi. I am not a coffee drinker, so am unfamiliar with the coffee makers provided at the resort. With this newer Keurig type machine, is it possible to just heat up some water for kids oatmeal ? ( to avoid trip down to food area in the am). Thanks!!

Have you booked a stay at the Yacht/Beach or BCV?

In the regular resort rooms, the coffee makers are Cuisinart pod machines:

What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg
coffeemakercloseupcinderumbrella-1.jpg

Others have responded with suggestions about getting hot water from the machines

:thumbsup2

I'm in the same boat. We arrive @ Sept. 7 and are staying only until Sept. 12, so my FP selection days are much more limited with a shorter stay. It is IMPERATIVE we see A&E on Sept. 9 b/c my little one turns 5 that day and this is her birthday trip and her ONE WISH is to visit with A&E. Unfortunately, I saw that one day before I could book my FPs, Sept. 9 was all gone for A&E. When I could finally book (yes, I stayed up until midnight), status was the same. So I am checking on a daily basis; if we can't get any FP for that day, we'll just go early in the morning. TP shows that our wait should be "only" about 30 minutes so hopefully, that will hold true.

Good news is that it was no problem at all for me to book any of our other FPs, including 7DMT, TSMM and other popular attractions, even for the time slots I wanted. No trouble at all.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cheer2:

How many people do you have going to the meet & greet? One tip I have seen is to try to book overlapping reservations for one person at a time, and that way you have a smaller window, but you can all go together.

Person 1: 1 pm to 2 pm

Person 2: 1:15 to 2:15

Person 3: 1:30 to 2:30.

Then you would all be able to go from 1:30 to 2 pm.

Not sure if that will work in your situation, but it is worth checking.

:goodvibes

Counting down for our August stay. Can't wait!

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list for August, so I will add you.

:cool2:

Last edited:
My Fast Pass's are done. I did not get A&E for the 9th like I need but I did get for the 16th for my girls. I can do his nephew's FP tonight, I will try to do the one at a time for him to see if I can get it for him and his daughter. 60 days!!! Online check in is done. I cannot wait!

Does anyone have any suggestions of good room number requests for a standard view room?

Does anyone have any suggestions of good room number requests for a standard view room?

It is not recommended to request specific room numbers. If you do that and that specific room is not available the CM's have no idea why you requested that room. It is much more helpful to request an area, then they can try to place you there.
Are you staying at the YC or the BC?

her ONE WISH is to visit with A&E.

I hope you can secure her a birthday fast pass! I am surprised it was all gone for that day at midnight, I booked ours for a couple days ahead of you and it was wide open. My last two trips I did not get A&E at FP opening either. I was able to find them at decent times both trips by stalking the site and changing them one by one to overlapping windows. GOod luck! I dont think it would be too bad at rope drop either.... and maybe worth considering a pre-park BOG reservation to get a little jump start??

It is not recommended to request specific room numbers. If you do that and that specific room is not available the CM's have no idea why you requested that room. It is much more helpful to request an area, then they can try to place you there.
Are you staying at the YC or the BC?

That makes perfect sense!

There's two of us staying at BC for 2 weeks. While we've looked around the resort in the past, I've no idea where the rooms are and what they overlook. On TP, one 'view' is of some while painted woodwork trellis type thing lol

Unfortunately, they are gone :(I don't remember when they were discontinued, I think sometime this spring. Here is the post that is on Page 1 of this thread, on the Community page (the same post that has the Sunken Treasure info)

Awww darn. I never saw that post--thank you! Maybe one day I'll get super ambitious and attempt that recipe. For now, I'll fondly remember the time I bought a 6 pack of bon bons "to take home" on checkout day, and ate them all on the plane ride home. :rolleyes1

I hope you can secure her a birthday fast pass! I am surprised it was all gone for that day at midnight, I booked ours for a couple days ahead of you and it was wide open. My last two trips I did not get A&E at FP opening either. I was able to find them at decent times both trips by stalking the site and changing them one by one to overlapping windows. GOod luck! I dont think it would be too bad at rope drop either.... and maybe worth considering a pre-park BOG reservation to get a little jump start??

I know! I was so surprised b/c when I checked the days prior, everything looked nice and open and I was optimistic. However, I think our date for arrival messed us up. We're not arriving until Monday, Labor Day, so I am guessing a lot of folks arrive over the weekend and stay for much longer (we are only staying until Saturday) and thus, times were claimed for the entire week by parties arriving the prior 2-3 days. If I had known about the FP+ system, I would have booked our arrival for Sunday instead of Monday. We would have been OK then!

I am stalking the necessary sites to see if I can find something for us. Will try to just get myself and my little one in (my two older ones would rather ride the Carousel than meet A&E ... well, maybe not THAT :p) so hopefully, it will be easier to find something for two instead of four.

And I've never heard of a birthday FastPass! I will have to inquire about that when we arrive at BC CL! Thanks for the tip!

I know! I was so surprised b/c when I checked the days prior, everything looked nice and open and I was optimistic. However, I think our date for arrival messed us up. We're not arriving until Monday, Labor Day, so I am guessing a lot of folks arrive over the weekend and stay for much longer (we are only staying until Saturday) and thus, times were claimed for the entire week by parties arriving the prior 2-3 days. If I had known about the FP+ system, I would have booked our arrival for Sunday instead of Monday. We would have been OK then!

I am stalking the necessary sites to see if I can find something for us. Will try to just get myself and my little one in (my two older ones would rather ride the Carousel than meet A&E ... well, maybe not THAT :p) so hopefully, it will be easier to find something for two instead of four.

And I've never heard of a birthday FastPass! I will have to inquire about that when we arrive at BC CL! Thanks for the tip!

Your staying BC CL? (9/8-9/17). How old are your girls? Mine are 10 & 8 We are as well and we are going to MK as you know on the 9th. I wonder if CL can help with this issue? We have breakfast at 1900 PF at 8AM so we will not rope drop. I told my husband's nephew that he needs to get to MK at 8:15 and stay to the left and head right to A&E.

But, I will not let not seeing A&E bring down this trip. I have saved forever for it and I have tried to read as many tips as I can but with that I don't want to schedule us so much that we don't have time to just soak up the magic. I hope I picked a lower crowd time of year, the touring websites say we did but that FP for A&E say different. LOL

So my fiancee and I finally booked our honeymoon! We are currently booked for a stay at the Yacht Club from 4/11/16-4/21/16. She has been to Disney before but I haven't and I am beyond excited for it. We have the Yacht Club booked now but when spring 2016 discounts come out we will try to take whatever is available at either the YC or BC. If a 1 bedroom villa at the BC is available at a discount we may even take that because a larger walk in shower and jacuzi feels more honeymoon-like!

With that said I had some questions about stormalong bay! Our top reason for picking the YC/BC is the location. The boardwalk inn was another choice at first because of location. However, since neither of us have experienced it and I've heard great things we really wanted to experience stormalong bay. This question may seem silly but I wanted to see what people said...I know you don't really go to Disney expecting much peace and tranquility. We are a couple that loves being active and would rather be at a theme park than sitting on a beach. With stormalong bay though we are curious if there are any areas that are quieter, more calm or simply aren't as crowded...So if we did want to relax at the pool we wouldn't be completely surrounded by families and kids with pool toys! We fully expect stormalong bay to be crazy and full of kids having fun. We just didn't know if there are any more secluded areas.

So my fiancee and I finally booked our honeymoon! We are currently booked for a stay at the Yacht Club from 4/11/16-4/21/16. She has been to Disney before but I haven't and I am beyond excited for it. We have the Yacht Club booked now but when spring 2016 discounts come out we will try to take whatever is available at either the YC or BC. If a 1 bedroom villa at the BC is available at a discount we may even take that because a larger walk in shower and jacuzi feels more honeymoon-like!

With that said I had some questions about stormalong bay! Our top reason for picking the YC/BC is the location. The boardwalk inn was another choice at first because of location. However, since neither of us have experienced it and I've heard great things we really wanted to experience stormalong bay. This question may seem silly but I wanted to see what people said...I know you don't really go to Disney expecting much peace and tranquility. We are a couple that loves being active and would rather be at a theme park than sitting on a beach. With stormalong bay though we are curious if there are any areas that are quieter, more calm or simply aren't as crowded...So if we did want to relax at the pool we wouldn't be completely surrounded by families and kids with pool toys! We fully expect stormalong bay to be crazy and full of kids having fun. We just didn't know if there are any more secluded areas.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon trip!

Maybe you should check out the quiet pool areas of the YC and the BC for those times you want to unwind and relax, and save SAB for the times you want to do more active pool stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter