• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Going next week - if anyone wants me to get any info for you or take any pictures while I am there let me know!
If you get a chance, would you please walk into the villas building and look at the lobby floor. Reports are that it has been painted with a design and I'd like to see what it looks like now. :)

If you get a chance, would you please walk into the villas building and look at the lobby floor. Reports are that it has been painted with a design and I'd like to see what it looks like now. :)

That's awesome - I'll have to check that out for myself as well. Will do!

Going next week - if anyone wants me to get any info for you or take any pictures while I am there let me know!

Could you stop by the marketplace and snap a picture of the oatmeal so I can estimate the size? Guess I should be a little more specific, not the prepackaged oatmeal but they sell it for breakfast and it is only around $3 so I'm wondering how big or little it is for that price.

Thanks

Last edited:

Had another wonderful stay at the BC June 5-11! We ended up with a renovated room on 3rd floor (3524) with a full balcony. We could see Illuminations from our balcony and we were really close to the secret entrance. It was VERY quiet!! More so than any room we have ever stayed in at BC. Loved the new decor!! We didn't have a daybed though or chair of any kind other than the desk chair even though there was space for a chair. Kind of empty awkward space really. I did online check-in but b/c I wanted a renovated room with full balcony I did not elect to have them text me the room number so we stopped at the desk. The first room they were going to give us was not renovated, no balcony and was handicap accessible. So, of course, I asked nicely for something else. I have found that BC rarely gives me what I request initially.

The only issue we had really during the entire stay was with the MK buses. They were terrible!! We waited 40 minutes while numerous other buses came and went. Then 3 MK buses came at once. We were told that they were filling up at YC and then not even stopping at BC. So, the next time we went to MK we walked over the YC to catch the bus and sure enough it filled up and we didn't even stop at BC. My DH was not happy about this at all and did speak with the young man with the clipboard about it. There were tons of people waiting for the MK bus and all were frustrated to say the least.

I did get to chat with Teena, which was great! Me and Teena.JPG
She is delightful and asked us how we liked our room etc. My DH and DD11 thought it was so awesome that I "knew her" and that we got to chat!!

We ate at Cape May and Beaches and Cream and they were both delicious!!! For those of you that care about the cod nuggets and Cape May like we do, they are only on the buffet on certain nights. They are one of the items that rotate.

We were not affected at all by the construction. Currently working on the 2nd floor rooms.

We also made it over to the outlets- Scored a Vera Bradley bag (Where's Mickey) for $19.99!!!! They had several designs and styles and had Dooney and Burke as well but this was by far the best deal! It still had the $75.00 sticker on it!

Anyway....great trip!!! If you have any questions, please ask away!

Oooohhh!!! A LURKER!!!!

party::welcome:party:

Come closer to your keyboard..
That's it, closer, Closer, CLOSER...
Don't be afraid... you can join us. All of the Trolls have been slayed. It's safe here!!! ::yes::

Surely you have some questions or a recipe that you might share. Perhaps a tawdry habit or arrest warrant with your name on it?? If so feel free to contribute to our community.

:hug:

~NM

Well, now you come to mention it there was that one time back in the nineties where Snow White and I got a little carried away but that aside I wasnt banned from WDW ;)

Im a seasoned Disney visitor so dont tend to have many questions but love reading about everyones experiences.

We will be in YC for 15 nights so no doubt Ill have plenty to share on our return

Cheers

J

We ended up with a renovated room on 3rd floor (3524) with a full balcony. We could see Illuminations from our balcony and we were really close to the secret entrance. It was VERY quiet!! More so than any room we have ever stayed in at BC. Loved the new decor!! We didn't have a daybed though or chair of any kind other than the desk chair even though there was space for a chair. Kind of empty awkward space really.

That is strange about the chair. I wonder if they just forgot to put one in that room. I'm glad that they were able to switch your room. That is a really great location for getting into Epcot quickly or to the Boardwalk. Thanks for the report. :)

And I will be your lab assistant
(Or lab rat)!

An update text from the teacher, although I didn't get a review of the drink from him yet:

"Bartender said too much juice in the Treasure so better off not doing frozen"

But sorry, professor, there are some lessons you have to learn for yourself. I'll be doing my own lab research at the end of August.

::yes::

I am also volunteering for lab assistant duty, sounds like a job that requires ...um, maybe at least 4 assistants!

:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

"The lady at our check-in had a color coded map that had the categories laying out right beside her-I was trying to (discreetly) look at it as she gave us our room number (upgrade to water view). I had my phone out, camera on, but she never turned away long enough to snap a picture! Was too much a chicken to just blatantly lean over more for a good pic LOL!"

Okay, I printed this off and put it in the folder of stuff I'm taking to Disney World next month. I will see what I can do.

Hi Everyone!

We have stayed at the BC several times over the last 3 years, once at CL, before the refurb (March or April 2013, I think?)! Most recently, we were at the BC for a couple of days each in February, and April. Both were parts of split stay weeks. It was VERY interesting to see the difference in off season and "Peak Easter Week" trips :scared1:!!! We are currently AP holders, and decided to try out the YC CL in July. We'll be there 7/15 - 7/21, to celebrate our twins' 7th birthday. pixiedust:

Anyway, I've gained a lot from this thread over the years, so just wanted to peek in and say "hi" and check out what is going on in one of our favorite resorts. We have never stayed at YC, so this is a nice change for us. :goodvibes We have stayed at the BC 4 times, BW 3 times, and S/D 3 times. We love the Epcot area :love:

We just got home from our 7 night YC CL stay. We had a great trip. I thought I would mention a couple of little changes that I noticed.

The shampoos and conditioners are no longer the H2O grapefruit ones. They now have the green H2O Sea Marine that the GF has had in the past. They also gave us the Mint foot rub and the after sun blue aloe stuff.

The lounge was great. They now have a selection of meats and cheeses each morning, cheese grits, oatmeal, and all of the other stuff that has always been there. The CMs were very attentive and the food was plentiful.

As far as construction, they were painting the elevators and replacing/ painting the bars that you hold onto inside the elevators. Last night, as we returned from the MK, they were painting the Bellman's station. This was around midnight. None of this work was obstructive.

I can't wait to visit again. We were in room 5445 and we had 2queen beds and a day bed. The room was 2doors down from the lounge and super convenient.

We just got home from our 7 night YC CL stay. We had a great trip. I thought I would mention a couple of little changes that I noticed.

The shampoos and conditioners are no longer the H2O grapefruit ones. They now have the green H2O Sea Marine that the GF has had in the past. They also gave us the Mint foot rub and the after sun blue aloe stuff.

As far as construction, they were painting the elevators and replacing/ painting the bars that you hold onto inside the elevators. Last night, as we returned from the MK, they were painting the Bellman's station. This was around midnight. None of this work was obstructive.

I hope they change the H2O products to Sea Marine for all the rooms in both resorts. I've never liked the grapefruit ones.

It sounds like they are starting the refurbishment of the YC now. I think that they did the lobby of the BC first, before starting on the guest rooms, so maybe they are going to follow the same schedule as they did at the BC. I would think that they would be sending notices to people who had reservations at the YC soon, telling them about the planned refurbishment.

Thanks for the report. :)

The lounge was great. They now have a selection of meats and cheeses each morning, cheese grits, oatmeal, and all of the other stuff that has always been there. The CMs were very attentive and the food was plentiful.

I can't wait to visit again. We were in room 5445 and we had 2queen beds and a day bed. The room was 2doors down from the lounge and super convenient.

Oh, I like the grapefruit ones...I bought some of the sea marine and don't really care for it...in the French Quarter, they have blushing orange...that one is nice too....

page 36-38 Continuing in my attempt to catch up...

Dh and I are staying 5 night at BC Oct 21-26th. This will be our third trip, but first without the kids and first at BC(actually at any deluxe). We are planning 4 days of Epcot/F&W, one day at HS and one day at MK...Beach club seemed like the perfect place in terms of location. Plus I want to check out the pool as our next family vacation will be during the late spring/summer and I want the kids to have an amazing pool!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. What a nice trip for the two of you!

:woohoo:

Anyone been recently and can speak in the noise level of construction during the day? We will be spending time relaxing during the day at the resort. Have most rooms been completed at this time? We are heading to BC for the first time 8/1 to 8/8

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

I can't answer the questions about construction noise, but a few people have piped in with their comments and hopefully others will be posting their experiences in the coming weeks.

:cool1:

How was the class?

I'll answer in great detail in my trip report. Ben and I loved the Careers in Marine Biology class at EPCOT. We got to go backstage at the Dolphin and Manatee tanks as well as some other areas and the students had an excellent exercise where they worked in groups to diagnose the issue and suggest treatment for an ailing sea turtle, dolphin and manatee.

:fish:

It was second floor with the big balcony. The balcony was fabulous. We even took the desk chair out there one morning and 3 of us sat and had our breakfast on the balcony. It was also a connecting room for future reference. DH said he heard the family in the next room once or twice but I never did. 'course I spent my time on balcony, pool or parks if awake lol!

Thanks for the pictures and all the info about your room. Do you remember the room number? I haven't been over to the BC View Thread lately to see who has posted there, but if you get a chance to post your pictures and comments about the room there, I would appreciate it!!!

:goodvibes:

FWIW:
There is a thread over in the DVC Resorts forum with pictures of 2BR villa under refurbishment. They are calling it a mock up room. It is isn't finished yet. You can still see the workers' equipment. But it seems to be somewhat similar to what they are doing at the BC.

Sorry I can't link it from my iPhone.

"The lady at our check-in had a color coded map that had the categories laying out right beside her-I was trying to (discreetly) look at it as she gave us our room number (upgrade to water view). I had my phone out, camera on, but she never turned away long enough to snap a picture! Was too much a chicken to just blatantly lean over more for a good pic LOL!"

Okay, I printed this off and put it in the folder of stuff I'm taking to Disney World next month. I will see what I can do.

How did you get the upgrade? Just by asking? I've not had much luck that way.

Had another wonderful stay at the BC June 5-11! We ended up with a renovated room on 3rd floor (3524) with a full balcony. We could see Illuminations from our balcony and we were really close to the secret entrance. It was VERY quiet!! More so than any room we have ever stayed in at BC. Loved the new decor!! We didn't have a daybed though or chair of any kind other than the desk chair even though there was space for a chair. Kind of empty awkward space really. I did online check-in but b/c I wanted a renovated room with full balcony I did not elect to have them text me the room number so we stopped at the desk. The first room they were going to give us was not renovated, no balcony and was handicap accessible. So, of course, I asked nicely for something else. I have found that BC rarely gives me what I request initially.

The only issue we had really during the entire stay was with the MK buses. They were terrible!! We waited 40 minutes while numerous other buses came and went. Then 3 MK buses came at once. We were told that they were filling up at YC and then not even stopping at BC. So, the next time we went to MK we walked over the YC to catch the bus and sure enough it filled up and we didn't even stop at BC. My DH was not happy about this at all and did speak with the young man with the clipboard about it. There were tons of people waiting for the MK bus and all were frustrated to say the least.

I did get to chat with Teena, which was great! View attachment 103687
She is delightful and asked us how we liked our room etc. My DH and DD11 thought it was so awesome that I "knew her" and that we got to chat!!

We ate at Cape May and Beaches and Cream and they were both delicious!!! For those of you that care about the cod nuggets and Cape May like we do, they are only on the buffet on certain nights. They are one of the items that rotate.

We were not affected at all by the construction. Currently working on the 2nd floor rooms.

We also made it over to the outlets- Scored a Vera Bradley bag (Where's Mickey) for $19.99!!!! They had several designs and styles and had Dooney and Burke as well but this was by far the best deal! It still had the $75.00 sticker on it!

Anyway....great trip!!! If you have any questions, please ask away!
Sounds like a fun trip! Good score on the VB bag!! Which outlet was this in?
Funny about bus, we had an August YC stay and often there were only a few people waiting for the bus, was never filled up. Guess August is a lot less crowded then June?

page 39-41

can we please be added to the list November 28th to December 5th staying at the yacht club! thanks!

Got it!

:cool1:

Hey guys, I may have asked this already, but if I did I've already forgotten the answer! After last October's F&WF long weekend at the YC, we've decided to make it an annual thing - yay! This year, we're staying on the BC side for the first time ever (water view), and we're pretty excited.

Anyhoo, a full balcony is the most important thing for us, so I know from you all to put that request first. How do you think I should word the next request if we'd also love a view of the Boardwalk, and hate to be on the ground floor? As per TP's recommendation on their room view page, we requested SE facing last year, and it worked like a charm...because I love this photo so much, I'll post it again...

That IS a gorgeous photo!!!

"Full balcony, please. BW view on upper floor, if possible"

:goodvibes:

Hello, I am new to the blog and will be staying at Beach and Yacht Club next week. Can anyone please tell me what time storm along bay pool and the quiet pools stay open until at night? Is anyone aware of what the construction noise at beach club rooms is like going on now? Thank you very much.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we have on Page 1.

:woohoo:

I think the hours for SAB are subject to change at the discretion of the recreation management, based on weather and crowd conditions. Someone (4Spen) reported that the pools closed at 11 pm last week.

I want to say that the posted pool hours at the quiet pools are until 11 pm. There are no lifeguards and I don't think any fences, so I am not sure how closely that is enforced.

:)

Heading to the Beach Club August 31 - September 7 for our Disneymoon! Love the Yacht and the Beach club so much! Last trip we got spoiled and had an unexpected view of Illuminations from the balcony - hoping for some pixie dust again!

:welcome: and Congratulations!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:lovestruc

As I will invariably be up then, on my August trip, I will do some recon work as well for others on the forum!!! I certainly don't mind pacing the bus area with my money coffee 6 am-ish while DH slowly wakes up and gets ready.

I have you on the Be Our Guest list for the end of August and your ticker count is very close to mine. I will be hanging around the BC with a few friends from Aug 29-Sept 1. I tend to wake early and wander the resort with my coffee so I don't disturb my roomies. I seriously am going to go out to the bus stop from 6 to 7 one morning to check out the bus situation. Maybe one morning I'll hang out by the boat dock and check out when they start. Maybe see you there!

::yes::

I'm not knowledgeable about the schedule but will share our experience from last Friday.
The CM told us buses for pre park reservations would come at 7 and 7:30. We arrived at bus stop at 7:25 and no bus came before 7:51. We finally took a cab. He dropped us at the Contemporary and we got there in time for our reservation.

So shoot for being there as early as possible. There was a CM at the bus stop with an iPad, and when she called at 7:50 the bus was just leaving the MK to get back to yacht and beach. Our bus luck was hit or miss.

Thanks for posting your experience. I am very curious about the alleged "breakfast buses" I never trust what CM's say on this issue unless I see it with my own eyes.

:)

To add a bit more confusion - Race Weekends, in which you have to be at the start line at 4-5 AM! In which you must take a bus to the front of Epcot. I try and get on the 3am bus. It's an adventure

Yikes! That's early, even for me!

:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter