Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone know if they offer busses from DTD to Epcot? I know they used to. Then they stopped. Then I thought they tested something like this last year...but I don't know if it worked or not.

Isn't there a Monorail to Epcot from Downtown Disney? I know when I was taking the Monorail to Universal I thought I saw where we passed the DTD stop. ; )

Actually Ocalla and I have the same disease... C.R.S. (Can't Remember Shtuff). I had to think about this too and I was thinking the same thing but then I remembered that what Disney did was add a bus route that goes from one Park to another Park. In the past you had to take a bus to the TTC and transfer, which was tedious... So that's probably what she was thinking. As for me I'll stick with that Monorail to/From DTD. Now if only I could find the stop!

~NM

Do they know if lightening caused the fire?

Catho72 - Do you post live here on this thread?

I went to tweak and print my plans again, to find out that now Animation Academy will be closed. I had planned two drawing classes and two meets in this building. This could impact crowd levels. My statistical analysis of how accurate touring plans crowd forecasts still shows this park draws more people than they anticipate.

Our last trip Typhoon Lagoon shared with DTD and Blizzard Beach shared with AK.
Yes, DTD shares with TL. Last year we were at GF, and in the morning you could get the resort bus to TL but leaving they were bussing people to Epcot where we had to transfer to monorail to get back to GF. I'm not sure what they did with the Epcot resorts. But all other resorts were bussed to Epcot to transfer to bus or monorail to get back to resort.

AK & BB share bus, no change there.

Last edited:
Well I've seen some amazing photos of the lightning storms these past few days, but the strike on the Avanti Resort on IDrive last night was not good!

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...re_rescue_responds.html#.VZm7_0vNA4k.facebook
It made the news here in Canada, but it didn't say where resort was, just reported as a Florida Resort.
We were staying at AKL 3? Yrs ago during a big T Storm. I'm sure from the sound the building was struck. Sounded and felt like an explosion. It was so sudden & powerful I let out a scream. Glad I was in my room!!

Does anyone have any experience booking a "magical" exclusive with minimal notice (1-2 weeks before arrival), at one of the EPCOT resorts?

If so, were there any drawbacks or issues? Obviously, no new Magic Bands sent (I have so many in my collection, already), and probably no ME bag tags,

Does anyone have any experience booking a "magical" exclusive with minimal notice (1-2 weeks before arrival), at one of the EPCOT resorts?

If so, were there any drawbacks or issues? Obviously, no new Magic Bands sent (I have so many in my collection, already), and probably no ME bag tags,

$200 deposit at booking, 100% payment prior to 45 days, and cancellation with no penalty prior to 5 days. You could call Disney and ask them to send you the baggage tape with a week remaining.

$200 deposit at booking, 100% payment prior to 45 days, and cancellation with no penalty prior to 5 days. You could call Disney and ask them to send you the baggage tape with a week remaining.
Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering if there was still a selection of rooms/resorts available, without much notice. I understand, like with all accommodations, it's subject to availability at time of booking, but wondering if anyone has done this with success, and with how little notice.

Isn't there a Monorail to Epcot from Downtown Disney? I know when I was taking the Monorail to Universal I thought I saw where we passed the DTD stop. ; )

Actually Ocalla and I have the same disease... C.R.S. (Can't Remember Shtuff). I had to think about this too and I was thinking the same thing but then I remembered that what Disney did was add a bus route that goes from one Park to another Park. In the past you had to take a bus to the TTC and transfer, which was tedious... So that's probably what she was thinking. As for me I'll stick with that Monorail to/From DTD. Now if only I could find the stop!

~NM

You always put a smile on my face!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one scratching my head!!!! Park to park is exactly what I was thinking about!!! I thought I was getting better with age......guess I was mistaken:rolleyes1

Now that you mention it, let's start a petition and get that monorail extension in the works !!!!!!

Do they know if lightening caused the fire?

Catho72 - Do you post live here on this thread?

I went to tweak and print my plans again, to find out that now Animation Academy will be closed. I had planned two drawing classes and two meets in this building. This could impact crowd levels. My statistical analysis of how accurate touring plans crowd forecasts still shows this park draws more people than they anticipate.

Yes, I post my live reports here! I love living vicariously through others trips so I like to reciprocate. Expect to see Sunken Treasures :drinking1, views from our balcony :magnify:, food from the CL lounge :coffee: and lots of pics at SAB :beach:. I'll be sure to post a pic of Teena and me...so glad I'll get to see her! I wish they sold Tasty Kakes here in Chicago so I could bring her some, but they don't. o_O

Yes, I post my live reports here! I love living vicariously through others trips so I like to reciprocate. Expect to see Sunken Treasures :drinking1, views from our balcony :magnify:, food from the CL lounge :coffee: and lots of pics at SAB :beach:. I'll be sure to post a pic of Teena and me...so glad I'll get to see her! I wish they sold Tasty Kakes here in Chicago so I could bring her some, but they don't. o_O

WooHoo! Post away...:thanks::worship::cloud9::happytv:popcorn:::hyper:

We added my sister to our reservation last year about two weeks before we went and they rush shipped her Magic Band! We got it about a week after adding her.

We will be there next week :cheer2: and I'll also try my best to post a few live updates, or at least pics! So excited!!

We added my sister to our reservation last year about two weeks before we went and they rush shipped her Magic Band! We got it about a week after adding her.

We will be there next week :cheer2: and I'll also try my best to post a few live updates, or at least pics! So excited!!
That's good to know.
I will look forward to seeing your posts/pics!

Luckily we have lots of tasty cakes here in NJ! I always come bearing tasty cakes for Teena

Dee,

I have good news and bad news...

First, the bad news. We moved from YC to POFQ for our Sept. 4th - 7th trip, so we'll need to come off the Be Our Guest list. :(

Now, the good news! We will at BC/YC for TWO new trips--Dec. 4th-6th (Allears Anniversary Party trip) and Feb. 18th-22nd (2016 Princess Half Marathon weekend, doing the GSC!). I am waiting on the AP discounts to be released and then I'll have to choose between YC or BC.

Losing one YC/BC trip and gaining two... :flower1::flower1:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter