Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Greeting SAB friends! I am back from a most joyous stay at YC!!! It was myself, my DD10, DD9, and DS8. My little man has ASD, and can be somewhat of a challenge, but I will tell you YC received his seal of approval :) We arrived approx. 3:45pm, but I received a room ready text as we waited for our flight (10:30am). I had booked a LV CL room so when the text came through that our room number was 2155 I started getting annoyed. Then I realized we were probably upgraded.

We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom turret suite! There were two separate 2 queen bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, and a living area. The minifridge in the living area was stocked with sodas and water which was cool. Off the first bedroom was a full balcony which overlooked the walkway from the lobby, and in the hall was a Juliet balcony. Looking out from the Turret, you can see the YC lighthouse, BW (DHS fireworks), and to the left Iluminations :) The suite was right around the corner from the elevator, and since we were on the second floor you could just take the stairs from the lobby. Access to the 5th floor lounge was easy peasy, just hop the elevator. And they gave us trays to carry things downstairs. The YC lounge is nice (I prefer the BC lounge, I prefer the BC everything actually) and the CMs were super kind. It felt crowded the way the tables were close together, but there was always seating, and my kids liked going on the balcony to eat. We really didn't go up there too much. It seems like CL is becoming unnecessary for us (yes, Dee I really just said that).

The pool was a hit and the lifeguards were so great to my kids, just kind people. We ate at Beaches and Cream YUMMMMMMM. Also, my younger two did the Sandcastle Club, and LOVED it!!! Highly recommend them. My DS15 sang in the Candlelight with NPH and WOW! WOW! just WOW. What else.....my only complaint was no turndown and no replenishment of toiletries. BUT we had the big Sea Marine bottles so we were good to go. They also provided toothbrush & toothpaste, a razor and shaving cream, and solar gel. The BC lobby décor is so pretty, and so is YC. The front desk CMs were helpful when we checked in fixing our MBs (which didn't link up but I blame my many ch-ch-changes). In the future I doubt I will stay anywhere else but BC/YC/BWI, there really is NOTHING like the EPCOT area.
i FINALLY had time to watch the video of your room you texted me on our apple tv on a 52" size tv.

I had always wanted to see that room. It is hard to get info on it. DH liked your view too!

Thanks for sharing Pas!!!

( I am STILL jealous, lol!!!)

We are currently staying at the Grand Floridian, instead of our favorite Beach Club, and we really hate taking the monorail to and from Epcot from the GF. You have to switch monorails at the TTC and sometimes the lines are long. We prefer the BC bus to MK over taking two monorails.

We had decided to try the Grand Floridian for this December trip when our travel agent offered us a free upgrade on the BC reservation we had booked back in February. We couldn't pass up the opportunity. The GF is very lovely but we really miss the Epcot resort area. We are not fans of the monorail at all.

We walked through the International Gateway towards the BC on Saturday and it felt like we had returned home. We had come for dinner at Crews Cup and stopped to roast marshmallows on the beach. We took pictures of the train display at the YC, our first time seeing it, and the carousel in the BC lobby. I hope someone else has better pictures because the lighting was bad for the carousel and those pictures are terrible.

We'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge in March with my sister and friend. Then we hope to book a bounce back in May for the BC. :)
Your post mirrors our sentiments exactly. We had a Grand time at GF, but dislike the monorail...taking the monorail to Epcot is unfun IMO. The Epcot area is "where it is at" :) I also miss the WL too... Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!

i FINALLY had time to watch the video of your room you texted me on our apple tv on a 52" size tv.

I had always wanted to see that room. It is hard to get info on it. DH liked your view too!

Thanks for sharing Pas!!!

( I am STILL jealous, lol!!!)
We got WAY lucky on that upgrade! Boy, those kiddos of mine are spoiled ;) The highlight of the trip was definitely the CP (and meeting @BlueSkies ). Nothing beats walking over to the BW for dinner then over to Epcot for the CP :)

We got WAY lucky on that upgrade! Boy, those kiddos of mine are spoiled ;) The highlight of the trip was definitely the CP (and meeting @BlueSkies ). Nothing beats walking over to the BW for dinner then over to Epcot for the CP :)
So neat ds got to be a part of that.

Next stop with me at AKL????

Sounds great, except for the neighbors. I'd love to hear after how you compare the two. And we really loved our CA Grill meal too. So relaxing and romantic

I have to say that we may be in the middle of a much needed CL offerings upgrade across all the resorts as the Poly has also improved (chicken lettuce wraps for lunch, no more frozen stuff for dinner). It's possible the Grand has upgraded since we last visited 2yrs ago as well.

It seemed like there was more seating at the BC than GF Sugarloaf. Never had any issues with GF Royal Palm. Each morning the BC had a deli meat and cheese, hard boiled eggs, smoked salmon station, yogurt station, oatmeal station, grits, fruit, bagels/danishes. I've never seen a CL spread like that.

Snacks/Lunch were chips, veggies with dip/hummus, cookies, and trail mixes.

There were always several nice dinner items. The Faro Wheat salad, Olive & Artichoke salad, and cheese plates were constants. Main courses varied from baked salmon, chicken skewers, and pulled pork with polenta.

Dessert/Cordials were same as always.

As I write this I'm sitting at the Poly lounge waiting for Christmas Wishes to begin and have already seen noticeable improvements to their lunch and dinner. I hope these improvements continue as we were starting to seriously question whether Club Level was worth it anymore. If these changes stick, I can happily say it's once again a draw.

OH thanks about the brunch. When DH and DS leave on 1/15 DD and I have it booked after we check out of BLT to eat up time until our AKL CL check in.

You will love it! The food was great as you would expect from Cali Grill and atmosphere top notch as well!

I have to say that we may be in the middle of a much needed CL offerings upgrade across all the resorts as the Poly has also improved (chicken lettuce wraps for lunch, no more frozen stuff for dinner). It's possible the Grand has upgraded since we last visited 2yrs ago as well.

It seemed like there was more seating at the BC than GF Sugarloaf. Never had any issues with GF Royal Palm. Each morning the BC had a deli meat and cheese, hard boiled eggs, smoked salmon station, yogurt station, oatmeal station, grits, fruit, bagels/danishes. I've never seen a CL spread like that.

Snacks/Lunch were chips, veggies with dip/hummus, cookies, and trail mixes.

There were always several nice dinner items. The Faro Wheat salad, Olive & Artichoke salad, and cheese plates were constants. Main courses varied from baked salmon, chicken skewers, and pulled pork with polenta.

Dessert/Cordials were same as always.

As I write this I'm sitting at the Poly lounge waiting for Christmas Wishes to begin and have already seen noticeable improvements to their lunch and dinner. I hope these improvements continue as we were starting to seriously question whether Club Level was worth it anymore. If these changes stick, I can happily say it's once again a draw.

You will love it! The food was great as you would expect from Cali Grill and atmosphere top notch as well!

Thanks for the CL comparison! How do you compare the two resorts? I'm really hoping we can do a split stay between those two, but we will already have a few days with family at the beach and now DS wants to go to universal for 2 day so I don't think I could do 4 rooms in 15 days.

Yippee! We check in tonight! Two nights YC club level... I have stayed at YC but this is our first time trying their club level. I dont think we will arrive at the resort until midnight which is a bummer with such a short stay and has me a little worried about our room assignment (requested close to elevators because my Dad is limited in walking distances), and we are traveling with 5 this trip. I have Cape May booked for tomorrow morning, and this morning I was finally able to bump it to late morning so at least we can sleep in!

I am staying at the BWI CL right now and boy have they upped their evening offerings! They have a chef cooking right in the loung and wow, was the food good. Last night we had pork belly on a crostini with a cranberry relish, shrimp and grits, cooked to order and then they also had other hot offerings. We will be at the Beach Club in January and I really wish they would do something like that over there. Their lounge is so much bigger and could easily do it. I predict it will be very difficult to get a room her at the BW in the future!

page 736

Just back from a stay at Beach Club room 3617 third floor. Beautiful view of the lake and HS fireworks!

Thanks for letting us know about your room.

:thumbsup2

Happy to share that I'll be at the Beach Club Villas Jan 5-8. Running the half marathon! I love the boardwalk area and am very excited to be staying here.

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 (Post 15)

:cool1:

Just booked my studio room at Beach Club. Super excited!!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. August?

:cool2:

The Pop Warner kids are arriving, seen a few in BC already, which is unusual as usually see them at Value or Offsite.

No loud chanting yet!!!

Lucky kids! That is unusual. I hope they have not been disruptive to guests.

:cheer2:

Only 43 days out until our first BCV stay! We are getting really excited! I am hoping the Midwest weather plays nice the day we leave for smooth travels, but it can be as horrible as it wants when we are gone so we get stuck at Disney! :)

As far as I can tell, the bus stop is back to normal correct? Also wondering what is faster, if we are in World Showcase and want to head to MK, would you monorail there or back to BC to catch a bus?

Great question!!!

I think in most cases, the walk to the Beach Club would be less or the same than the walk to the front of the park (maybe not for Mexico, Norway, China).

Wait time for the bus is between 5-15 minutes in most cases, and a 15 minute ride to MK

Monorails to MK come fairly frequently, you have to change over to another monorail at the TTC to get to MK.

We love riding the monorail, so that would be our choice.

My husband and I had a similar dilemma during our trip in October. We were dining at Mexico and wanted to get to the Studios. We didn't know if there was a bus from EP to HS. Turns out there is. We thought this would be a quicker way to get to HS since the walk to transportation was about the same and the bus ride is quicker than the 30 minute boat ride.

I just checked, and the WDW website transportation info does not list a bus option between EP and HS or between EP and MK.

Does anyone know if there is typically a bus that runs from EP to MK???

:drive:

page 737

Just checking in as it's our last night staying at the BC before moving to the Poly the rest of the way. Everything has been fantastic and has exceeded our expectations (aside from a quick room change due to noisy neighbors in the middle of the night - connecting room). The staff has been great and the club level offerings are top notch as well. The breakfast is on par with the Grand Floridian, and they have fresh options every night instead of the typical microwaveables some of the other resorts have offered lately (crab Rangoon, conch fritter, corn dogs, etc). The Beringer wine and Shoffhoffer beer are improvements over what was served previously as well. The renovated lounge is a great size.

We also prefer the lighter decor and the staff of the BC over what we experienced at the Yacht Club previously. We love the Poly but it's going to be hard for it to match this stay. PS- the brunch at Cali Grill was one of our most enjoyable meals on property and I highly recommend it. :)

Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was able to help you with a room change.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

:goodvibes

Jumping in to share we just booked a super last minute trip (12/25-30.) Talk about a Christmas surprise! We typically stay at YC, but were able to score a great deal at the Beach Club. So not only do we get to be "home" for the holidays, we get to try something new! Now to figure out how to prep for Christmas and this trip in 19 days.

:welcome: back!

How exciting!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:santa:

You can use Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club, right? We booked our first night there just to have a relaxing day at the pool and then are heading over to Caribbean Beach for the rest of our stay.

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip.

Yes, guests staying at the Beach Club, Yacht Club and Beach Club Villas have access to Stormalong Bay on BOTH your checkin date AND your checkout date.

:fish:

Yippee! We check in tonight! Two nights YC club level... I have stayed at YC but this is our first time trying their club level. I dont think we will arrive at the resort until midnight which is a bummer with such a short stay and has me a little worried about our room assignment (requested close to elevators because my Dad is limited in walking distances), and we are traveling with 5 this trip. I have Cape May booked for tomorrow morning, and this morning I was finally able to bump it to late morning so at least we can sleep in!
@kcpinwdw If you get a chance, could you post about the YC CL lounge offerings? Thank a bunch! :goodvibes

Well add me back onto the BOG list. My DH will be joining us for part of the trip so I didn't really want to squish us all in at POR. So we'll be doing a split stay at BC 6/25-29th and then onto POR 6/29-7/3.

Yacht Club Room 2155
2 Bedroom Turret Suite

My friend, pas130, Queen of the Resort Changers, was faced with a dilemma. She had reserved a club level room but the text she got said her room was on the 2nd floor, not on the Concierge 5th Floor.

Oh, no!

She and her kids received an upgrade from YC CL LV to a 2 Bedroom Turret Suite.

She gave me permission to share pictures from her room.

:woohoo:

pas130:

Greeting SAB friends! I am back from a most joyous stay at YC!!! It was myself, my DD10, DD9, and DS8. My little man has ASD, and can be somewhat of a challenge, but I will tell you YC received his seal of approval :) We arrived approx. 3:45pm, but I received a room ready text as we waited for our flight (10:30am). I had booked a LV CL room so when the text came through that our room number was 2155 I started getting annoyed. Then I realized we were probably upgraded.

We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom turret suite! There were two separate 2 queen bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, and a living area. The minifridge in the living area was stocked with sodas and water which was cool. Off the first bedroom was a full balcony which overlooked the walkway from the lobby, and in the hall was a Juliet balcony. Looking out from the Turret, you can see the YC lighthouse, BW (DHS fireworks), and to the left Iluminations :) The suite was right around the corner from the elevator, and since we were on the second floor you could just take the stairs from the lobby. Access to the 5th floor lounge was easy peasy, just hop the elevator. And they gave us trays to carry things downstairs. The YC lounge is nice (I prefer the BC lounge, I prefer the BC everything actually) and the CMs were super kind. It felt crowded the way the tables were close together, but there was always seating, and my kids liked going on the balcony to eat. We really didn't go up there too much. It seems like CL is becoming unnecessary for us (yes, Dee I really just said that).

The pool was a hit and the lifeguards were so great to my kids, just kind people. We ate at Beaches and Cream YUMMMMMMM. Also, my younger two did the Sandcastle Club, and LOVED it!!! Highly recommend them. My DS15 sang in the Candlelight with NPH and WOW! WOW! just WOW. What else.....my only complaint was no turndown and no replenishment of toiletries. BUT we had the big Sea Marine bottles so we were good to go. They also provided toothbrush & toothpaste, a razor and shaving cream, and solar gel. The BC lobby décor is so pretty, and so is YC. The front desk CMs were helpful when we checked in fixing our MBs (which didn't link up but I blame my many ch-ch-changes). In the future I doubt I will stay anywhere else but BC/YC/BWI, there really is NOTHING like the EPCOT area.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter