Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I was cleaning out a box of old files from 2001 this morning and I came across our room charges from a family trip we took in August of 2001. We stayed in two rooms at the Yacht Club, room 1083 and room 1088, for four nights. We paid $388.50 for each room for four nights, so $97.125 per night. It was the last family trip that we took with our family of five. The kids were going off to college, and moving out, so I knew it would be the final trip that it would be just the five of us, no girlfriends or boyfriends.
This was our first and last trip in August. We were trying to get one last trip in before the girls went off to college. The weather was hot and rainy.The room charges show that we ate at all our local favorites. Sunshine Seasons was always our first stop for lunch after we arrived. We also ate at Big River Grill, Crews Cup, Ale & Compass, Hurricane Hannah's and ESPN Club. Back then they served a grab and go breakfast at Beaches and Cream and we have a lot of charges for that. My husband would always go to B&C to grab some breakfast to bring it back for the kids to eat as they were getting ready. We also ate at someplace called the Yacht Club Galley and from that charge on the invoice, I'm wondering if that was the name of the Yachtsmen Steak House back then.

We also have a $10 charge for the Y & B mini bar. If you ever wondered why they had such strange dressers at the Y&B Club it was because they used to have mini bars and a CM would come into the room everyday to do inventory. It was very tempting to grab a Coke or a Snickers bar from the mini bar. Our kids were pretty good, though, and we only had this one charge. And I'm pretty sure this was my husband who opened the mini bar on this trip. ;)

To be honest, I remembered that we took a trip in August but I sure didn't remember that we stayed at the Yacht Club for that particular August trip. It is funny to see that we still eat, and drink, at the same places. I guess we like it there. :)

What a great blast from the past!!!

:dogdance:

Was that rack rate? :)
Most of our trips were rack rates until the most recent years, when I found the Dis and discovered the many ways to get a discount. ;) But we did take at least two trips using a special discount package through American Express. Disney used to partner with American Express, I think. It was called the White Glove treatment. One trip with an American Express package included Disney dollars. I was able to buy a jacket using my "free" Disney bucks that I still use today. I think that jacket is 18 years old now. Another American Express package included backpacks for the kids and tickets to Disney Quest. But mostly we just booked trips when the urge hit us to travel to Disney, regardless of rack rate and seasonal pricing. Those were the days when my husband booked all the trips, since he was the Disney nut back then. Once he turned the task over to me, I became obsessed with getting discounts. ;)

page 733

Good Morning all!
First of all, I want to wish you all a very happy (if belated) Thanksgiving! I hope it was peaceful, and full of happiness, however or with whomever you celebrated.
wdw-thanksgiving.jpg

Secondly, I'm ecstatic to announce that we've booked a trip for 2017! It's such a sigh of relief, and after a rough...very rough fall, it's something to really look forward to and plan for! We'll be staying at BC from August 17-27, so when you're done with all that Black Friday shopping, Dee, if you'd be kind enough to add us to the list! I love seeing our name there!

Lots of people were saying that 2016 was a horrendous year, and I really didn't buy into it until the last month or so, and I'm never one to think any time on Earth isn't precious, but saying that I'll truly try to make the best of what's left of 2016, and really try to make 2017 the best year ever wouldn't be a lie!

Here's to the Holiday Season! :daisy:

I know it has been a rough fall for you guys. Hoping that looking forward to your summer trip will help you through the difficult times

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

@natebenma

Update: The package was in our allocated room when we arrived, we moved rooms to get a large Balcony and they retrieved our package from the original room. No fee applied or mentioned :)

Our Balcony is one of those long one off a L Shape room over looking woods with Illuminations view over the top of the trees. Very Happy!

Thank you so much for the info! When you get a chance, can you remind me- was that a package you mailed? Or was it Garden Grocer? You mentioned you were considering getting a few things.

Hope you are enjoying your trip.

:goodvibes

After a crazy 2016, we are coming back for summer 2017! Not our prime choice on dates but will be coming down with friends this time and staying at BCV from July 30-Aug 6th, its the second half of a 2 weeks at Disney!!!

Our craziness this year equalled me finishing my degree and CPA, a career change, and a baby due to come in the next few weeks.

Its their first time for our friends to go to WDW and will be interesting with fitting 9 + baby into the 2 bed lock off but we can't wait to share this with them. Not only that we are going to Universal for 2 days, I haven't been there since I was a kid, so excited!! We still have to book our first week with their DVC points, and now looking at 6 nights at BLT and a night at Universal (for the express passes). We could totally go with BCV the whole way, but we want to give them a well rounded experience, saving the best for last!

:welcome: back!

That is quite a year for you. Congratulations on your accomplishments and best wishes for the new arrival to your family.

:woohoo:

Hello all! My family just booked a vacation for August of 2017 at the BC. We've never stayed here and are very excited to try it out. This is a much needed vacation to celebrate me graduating nursing school this coming May. Can't wait to be at Disney!

:welcome: to the thread!

Congrats on finishing up nursing school.

I"ll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool2:

Last edited:
So excited booked again for 21 Dec to 4th Jan yacht club and beach club 7/7. We came to beach club in Feb and had a fab room for five but unfortunately I was ill for ten days and spent most of our holiday in bed. The room was club level. This time we have pool, lagoon view at YC and garden view at BC. Any room recommendations you could suggest for us and our three growing children please?

Just had a room message, power outage tonight between 2am and 4am affecting YC public areas only. No in room dining will be available.

So excited booked again for 21 Dec to 4th Jan yacht club and beach club 7/7. We came to beach club in Feb and had a fab room for five but unfortunately I was ill for ten days and spent most of our holiday in bed. The room was club level. This time we have pool, lagoon view at YC and garden view at BC. Any room recommendations you could suggest for us and our three growing children please?

At BC if you can get a level 4 room that faces the woodland towards Epcot you can see and hear illuminations

Was able to book 5 in a BCV studio today! Was supposed to be a girls only trip, but in the end I couldn't leave my boys at home. Darn those sweet little faces :earboy2:

That's encouraging news. I heard from our DVC rental place today and she thought they would be able to add a 5th to our reservation soon as well.

That's encouraging news. I heard from our DVC rental place today and she thought they would be able to add a 5th to our reservation soon as well.
Our trip is Jan 1-6 & all 5 of us are now listed, so the member just has to call to add your remaining guests.

Our trip is Jan 1-6 & all 5 of us are now listed, so the member just has to call to add your remaining guests.

Oh perfect. I thought maybe your trip was later but we don't arrive until January 5. I think I'll email our rental place back and let them know that they can apparently add guest now. Thank you so much for the information!!

Oh perfect. I thought maybe your trip was later but we don't arrive until January 5. I think I'll email our rental place back and let them know that they can apparently add guest now. Thank you so much for the information!!
Yes I recognized you from the RDisney forum & figured you were looking for Marathon wkd!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter