• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

:welcome:

How early?

Currently, the Ale & Compass lounge in the YC lobby is open at 6 am with coffee and breakfast items. I have heard conflicting reports about whether they will fill your mug with soda in the morning- I think the answer is yes. The walk from the BC lobby to YC lobby is 5 minutes each way.

Can some of you share your experiences with soft drink refill at A&C in the morning?

Also, there is some talk that the Ale & Compass will be expanded soon (not sure when) to include a quick service spot. No idea if this will be done, or even started, by September.

:goodvibes

I wish they would at least open the drink station at the Marketplace at 6:30am. We are early risers in Disney, and we were up and waiting each morning and they opened at 7am on the dot. Luckily our rooms were in the hallway right by the Marketplace, so it was quick walk. Not sure about the other spots at the YC.

Thank you! I do usually wake up around 6 so hopefully the A&C does give soda though I wonder why the marketplace decided on such a late opening. Everywhere else Ive stayed the places we're open before 6. Even 6:30 would be better. Thank you again for the answers!

Thank you! I do usually wake up around 6 so hopefully the A&C does give soda though I wonder why the marketplace decided on such a late opening. Everywhere else Ive stayed the places we're open before 6. Even 6:30 would be better. Thank you again for the answers!
I am so used to POR and being able to go down and get my coffee at 6:30. I didn't know about A&C being open earlier - that is good to know for my next trip, I'll just walk over there in the morning.

Thanks for clarification, I plan on getting my early morning coffee at A&C also! ::yes::Love the tranquility of the resorts early!:cheer2:

Thanks for clarification, I plan on getting my early morning coffee at A&C also! ::yes::Love the tranquility of the resorts early!:cheer2:
Remember you should have an in room coffee maker too, we were unsure about using ours three years back but we gave it a go. Well we were pleasantly surprised how fantastic that coffee is! We kept asking the maids for more to be left each day. Because of that and the extra tips we left for them we were left 2 or 3 each day so one for breakfast each and one each for returning from the parks. Oh boy was it appreciated by both of us:love::love: I'm looking forward to trying that coffee again next year:coffee:

Remember you should have an in room coffee maker too

I'm sure this will come as a shock to those of you who know me, but I have a teeny-tiny caffeine addition.

:rolleyes1

I need to make coffee in the room (set up the night before) so I have a cup of coffee to bring on the way to get a cup of coffee in the lounge or in the lobby.

And yes, I did bring a coffee maker during my stays at All Star Movies with the class trips because they don't have them in the rooms.

:surfweb:

I just read about an expansion of the convention center area for YC & BC that is starting next month. We're booked to stay at BC in November and have never stayed there before. Does anyone know the extent of construction? Are there room requests I should make to stay away from this area?

Anyone who is a DVC member have updates on the completion of the final punch list at BCV? I've been checking just on the regular Disney website to see if occupancy has changed for the studios yet but it doesn't appear so, and I was hoping maybe they've provided more info to their members.

I just read about an expansion of the convention center area for YC & BC that is starting next month. We're booked to stay at BC in November and have never stayed there before. Does anyone know the extent of construction? Are there room requests I should make to stay away from this area?

The convention center is next to the Yacht Club so Beach Club guests would not be affected by construction. :)

We will be checking into the Beach Club tomorrow morning. :cheer2: The predictions of rain have us a little worried, but we have our ponchos and will soldier on. ::yes::

Anyone who is a DVC member have updates on the completion of the final punch list at BCV? I've been checking just on the regular Disney website to see if occupancy has changed for the studios yet but it doesn't appear so, and I was hoping maybe they've provided more info to their members.

I just made a ressie for a studio for May 4 - 8, and the description which I copied and pasted was as follows:

Disney's Beach Club Villas Deluxe Studio
Make yourself at home on the shore of a sparkling lake at this elegant New England-inspired Resort.
  • Sleeps 4
  • 1 queen-size bed & 1 full-size sleeper sofa
  • Kitchenette
  • Full bath

Last edited:
The convention center is next to the Yacht Club so Beach Club guests would not be affected by construction. :)

We will be checking into the Beach Club tomorrow morning. :cheer2: The predictions of rain have us a little worried, but we have our ponchos and will soldier on. ::yes::
That's good news, thanks. Last year, we stayed at Wilderness Lodge during construction, and I don't want to do that again!

Have a great trip -- ponchos and all!

Same just happened this morning. My TA called to check on something for me and they offered her a Manager's Special. We saved $800 but had to go from BC Garden View to YC Garden View. I prefer BC, but who can't use an extra $800 somewhere else on vacation? Besides, our kids are 2 & 4. They won't know the difference in room decor.

I just realized the biggest problem with this change. I needed a new ticker! I've spent the last seven months watching it creep slowly to the right and now it's all the way back to the beginning! :badpc:

Have you checked out their site recently? They have changed all of their products and no longer have any of the Disney Resort products available for order. Your only option is ordering whatever is available at Disney Store online.

WOW I haven’t looked in a while. I order when it was on sale and stocked up

Hi folks! Tried searching the forums and came up empty handed but figured you guys can help. Getting ready to do online check-in for our first stay at the Beach Club Villas in November- anything specific I should request? I'm not familiar with the layout/set up. For example- when we stayed at the Boardwalk Villas DISers were kind enough to suggest asking for a room near transportation so we could avoid the mile long walk to the elevators- perfect! Anything like that I should know about BCV?

Hi folks! Tried searching the forums and came up empty handed but figured you guys can help. Getting ready to do online check-in for our first stay at the Beach Club Villas in November- anything specific I should request? I'm not familiar with the layout/set up. For example- when we stayed at the Boardwalk Villas DISers were kind enough to suggest asking for a room near transportation so we could avoid the mile long walk to the elevators- perfect! Anything like that I should know about BCV?
Unlike the BWV, the BCV's have plenty of exit doors. I would request a villa that is close to the BC, since that would be closest to the Marketplace and the International Gateway. Some people like to request a pool view, which is lovely. :)

Unlike the BWV, the BCV's have plenty of exit doors. I would request a villa that is close to the BC, since that would be closest to the Marketplace and the International Gateway. Some people like to request a pool view, which is lovely. :)

Thank goodness for that! :rotfl:

Thank you for your insight! :goodvibes

So, we're back!! We had an AMAZING time!

When we landed at MCO I got a text saying we were in room 4225 I believe. After a quick search we realized we'd be overlooking SAB. Not the best location with an 8 month old. So when we got to the hotel I went to the front desk and the gave us room 4071. The woman at the front desk was super sweet, showing me a map and explaining where the rooms would be. 4071 was GREAT! We were really close to the "secret entrance" of YC, away from the lobby and SAB so it was super quiet AND we could see IllumiNations and hear the music, too. Perfect! Yes, I do think the rooms need upgrades but based on what they did at BC (and GF, where we stayed last year), the rooms will be amazing when it's all said and done.

It was so strange to finally stay at YC. We usually hang out around the YC/BC and BWI a few times during our trips so to stay there was so awesome. It honestly felt like we never left Epcot. Loved walking there. Loved SAB in the afternoons - we spent so much time there.

Overall we will totally stay there again. Just amazing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter