• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone stayed in a deluxe club level room in the Yacht Club? I have looked at the pic, but I just cannot get a sense of the set up or square footage.

Also any ideas if the room refurb will run into July?

Thanks!

To answer your second question- I believe that the YC renovation is scheduled from late October to sometime in June, so if things go as expected the renovation should be mostly if not entirely complete. However, that is assuming the work starts on time. We have seen recent scheduled renovations at BCV and YC pushed back, so until the construction walls actually go up, I am not going to attempt any guess at an end date.

::yes::

Last edited:
Hi guys! Ok so we are currently booked at the BVW for next May (5/23-5/31) and I am hoping at the 7th month mark that we can switch our reservations over to BCV, my question is I know there is some minor work being done now around the resort and the bus stops being redone now, but do we know of any additional work that may impact our stay? Thanks!

The only things we know that are expected in the coming year are the room renovations at the Yacht Club, possible expansion/conversion of the Ale & Compass to a quick serve location and an expansion of the Convention Center. None of those should really have much of an impact on a BCV stay, unless there is some disruption in the parking lot.

:thumbsup2

I apologize if this information is somewhere in the thread but my search didn't find what I needed to know!

We are currently booked at POR with the DDP next year but we are seriously considering upgrading to Beach Club for the pool. I wanted to find out about breakfast options. At POR we are planning to use 1 of our snack credits towards the yogurt parfait or oatmeal options in order to save some money (plus we don't need 2 snacks when there is dessert with the TS meal). Is there an option like this available? The menus I have seen did not seem to be as robust as the POR food court and seemed to be just full meals or sticky bun types of food.

Thanks for any assistance!

I apologize if this information is somewhere in the thread but my search didn't find what I needed to know!

We are currently booked at POR with the DDP next year but we are seriously considering upgrading to Beach Club for the pool. I wanted to find out about breakfast options. At POR we are planning to use 1 of our snack credits towards the yogurt parfait or oatmeal options in order to save some money (plus we don't need 2 snacks when there is dessert with the TS meal). Is there an option like this available? The menus I have seen did not seem to be as robust as the POR food court and seemed to be just full meals or sticky bun types of food.

Thanks for any assistance!

Page 475, post 9849 has the breakfast menu options listed for the Marketplace as of April of this year. Oatmeal is on it. During our visits I recall the pre-made yogurt parfaits being available in the cooler that's adjacent the area where they prepare the food. Someone else may have more current information. I'll be there in 3 weeks and can double-check if you get no other responses.

Page 475, post 9849 has the breakfast menu options listed for the Marketplace as of April of this year. Oatmeal is on it. During our visits I recall the pre-made yogurt parfaits being available in the cooler that's adjacent the area where they prepare the food. Someone else may have more current information. I'll be there in 3 weeks and can double-check if you get no other responses.

Thanks! Those are my recollections as well.

Ale & Compass in the Yacht Club lobby also has oatmeal and I think a yogurt parfait as well.

I am not sure which of these items are available as snack credits.

:goodvibes

Yes, that is the menu I have seen. Do you know if toppings are provided for the oatmeal (butter, brown sugar, maybe nuts or raisins)? The POR menu lists a build your own oatmeal bowl or build your own parfait so it seems like there are toppings to add. Will definitely have to think about this. I know the great pool should outweigh breakfast but you don't know my mother :)

Hi all! DH & I returned from our week at BCV!! It was a great week full of fun but H-O-T. The "feels like" temperature was in excess of 100 degrees most days. Hydrate yourself often if you go. Unfortunately, we saw a young girl faint waiting in the breakfast ADR line at MK and it appeared that heat was a factor.

It took about 90 minutes to get from airplane ramp to BCV. ME stopped at CBR, BW, YC, and then BC/BCV. We received a room text to stop at the Front Desk upon arrival. The CM at the desk was confused since according to her, our room was already ready. I made one online request and it was for a higher floor which we got - Room 539 which is a dedicated studio in the Villas:

Disney September 2016 009.JPG
Dee - i am going to send you other room photos separately but wanted to post the view. You can see Swan in the distance and TOT to the left. Amazing view of Star Wars fireworks from this room!!

Disclaimer - nothing in my post is meant to criticize Disney. These are just my thoughts/comments so....This is our 2nd trip as DVC owners at BCV. Our first trip was pre-refurbishment. I thought the "new" room colors were nice but I wasn't bowled over:

Coffee maker - we had a 4-cup drip; DH got the formula down after 1 pot so we stuck with it rather than requesting a larger machine.

Drawer space - there are 4 deep but very narrow drawers in the unit which holds the Murphy bed. I asked DH to estimate the width and he said 8 inches. You are not going to fold shorts or shirts in half and fit them in the drawer - you need to keep folding or roll these items (or make use of the wire rack in the closet as an extra shelf). There are two wider drawers in the coffee table and two in the end table. If you have more than 2 guests in the room, storage space would be tight.

Garden Grocer - change in delivery time was a little disappointing; we came back after lunch at 4:30 but then had to leave at 5:30 for FP; text came @ 5:45 that they were delivered. I called at 8:00 and asked if Bell Services could bring them in the next 20 minutes (before B&C ADR) and they couldn't since their "queue" was so full. We got our groceries at 10:00 pm but within 5 minutes of calling after we returned from B&C.

Bed - very comfy! Nightlight in vanity area - very bright! Noise - not a peep once you close your door! Clothesline in tub - yes! H2O products - Grapefruit! Mousekeeping - awesome!

Magic band issues - although we couldn't get a definitive answer from the 3 separate trips to the Front Desk, there appears to be a limit to the number of bands you can activate for each person. Too many will "confuse" (their word) the Disney system. If you have more than one band per guest, only activate a couple at a time and keep all others deactivated for that person. It only takes a few seconds to switch them on and off through your MDE account.

Highlight - our first (and won't be last) dinner at Tutta Italia! "Middle" light - Frozen Ever After - glad we had a FP for this; ended up cancelling our 2nd FP for this and switched it to Test Track. Lowlight - Star Wars Dessert Party - awesome food and drinks (yes, you can make a meal out of this), cute Chewbacca souvenir steins, great interaction with First Order stormtroopers, but not the best location for the awesome projection and firework show. The roped off area is left of center and there are a couple of trees that may block your view. Yes - it's better than saving a spot for over an hour sitting on hot asphalt...

FP - as soon as you scan your 3rd, make your 4th FP while waiting in line; we had one day where we made 6! Got an unexpected FP to the 3:00 pm MK parade (great view by standing at Town Square facing the center of the Train Station - you get a long unobstructed view as they round the corner).

Sorry for the long rambling post but if there is a tidbit that can help someone else out, I wanted to do so since this thread has been so helpful to me.

I am going to go into lurk mode since we are taking next year off from WDW; the plan is to bank our points and upgrade to 1 Bedroom for our next two trips!

One last item - I should have heeded the warning signs at Soarin' that you may not like this if you are afraid of heights. They were right!!

DH & I enjoyed another awesome custom cake from Y&BC Fine Dining. Here is a photo - 6" chocolate cake, peanut butter frosting, and chocolate ganache. The cost was just under $32 with tax and room delivery. I had requested the spider web design and the "Boo To You!" but left color choices and decorations up to the bakery. My only request was no fondant. DH loved the spider on the top and side of the cake!

This flavor combination was INCREDIBLE!

pb-choc-ganache-boo-to-you-cake-september-2016-050-jpg.197161

Hi all! DH & I returned from our week at BCV!! It was a great week full of fun but H-O-T. The "feels like" temperature was in excess of 100 degrees most days. Hydrate yourself often if you go. Unfortunately, we saw a young girl faint waiting in the breakfast ADR line at MK and it appeared that heat was a factor.

It took about 90 minutes to get from airplane ramp to BCV. ME stopped at CBR, BW, YC, and then BC/BCV. We received a room text to stop at the Front Desk upon arrival. The CM at the desk was confused since according to her, our room was already ready. I made one online request and it was for a higher floor which we got - Room 539 which is a dedicated studio in the Villas:

View attachment 197209
Dee - i am going to send you other room photos separately but wanted to post the view. You can see Swan in the distance and TOT to the left. Amazing view of Star Wars fireworks from this room!!

Disclaimer - nothing in my post is meant to criticize Disney. These are just my thoughts/comments so....This is our 2nd trip as DVC owners at BCV. Our first trip was pre-refurbishment. I thought the "new" room colors were nice but I wasn't bowled over:

Coffee maker - we had a 4-cup drip; DH got the formula down after 1 pot so we stuck with it rather than requesting a larger machine.

Drawer space - there are 4 deep but very narrow drawers in the unit which holds the Murphy bed. I asked DH to estimate the width and he said 8 inches. You are not going to fold shorts or shirts in half and fit them in the drawer - you need to keep folding or roll these items (or make use of the wire rack in the closet as an extra shelf). There are two wider drawers in the coffee table and two in the end table. If you have more than 2 guests in the room, storage space would be tight.

Garden Grocer - change in delivery time was a little disappointing; we came back after lunch at 4:30 but then had to leave at 5:30 for FP; text came @ 5:45 that they were delivered. I called at 8:00 and asked if Bell Services could bring them in the next 20 minutes (before B&C ADR) and they couldn't since their "queue" was so full. We got our groceries at 10:00 pm but within 5 minutes of calling after we returned from B&C.

Bed - very comfy! Nightlight in vanity area - very bright! Noise - not a peep once you close your door! Clothesline in tub - yes! H2O products - Grapefruit! Mousekeeping - awesome!

Magic band issues - although we couldn't get a definitive answer from the 3 separate trips to the Front Desk, there appears to be a limit to the number of bands you can activate for each person. Too many will "confuse" (their word) the Disney system. If you have more than one band per guest, only activate a couple at a time and keep all others deactivated for that person. It only takes a few seconds to switch them on and off through your MDE account.

Highlight - our first (and won't be last) dinner at Tutta Italia! "Middle" light - Frozen Ever After - glad we had a FP for this; ended up cancelling our 2nd FP for this and switched it to Test Track. Lowlight - Star Wars Dessert Party - awesome food and drinks (yes, you can make a meal out of this), cute Chewbacca souvenir steins, great interaction with First Order stormtroopers, but not the best location for the awesome projection and firework show. The roped off area is left of center and there are a couple of trees that may block your view. Yes - it's better than saving a spot for over an hour sitting on hot asphalt...

FP - as soon as you scan your 3rd, make your 4th FP while waiting in line; we had one day where we made 6! Got an unexpected FP to the 3:00 pm MK parade (great view by standing at Town Square facing the center of the Train Station - you get a long unobstructed view as they round the corner).

Sorry for the long rambling post but if there is a tidbit that can help someone else out, I wanted to do so since this thread has been so helpful to me.

I am going to go into lurk mode since we are taking next year off from WDW; the plan is to bank our points and upgrade to 1 Bedroom for our next two trips!

One last item - I should have heeded the warning signs at Soarin' that you may not like this if you are afraid of heights. They were right!!

Can I ask how long it took to get to the bus stop and or boat from 5th floor BCV?

Can I ask how long it took to get to the bus stop and or boat from 5th floor BCV?
About 5 minutes to bus stop. We took the elevator down and out the side door to the quiet pool. You walk to the opposite side of the pool and at the edge of the parking lot is the covered (with benches) temporary bus stop.

If you are staying BCV, the end of the building closest to the bus stop has a service door that your band or room card will open. However the stairwell inside only goes up to the fourth floor since the fifth floor area doesn't extend the full length of the BCV building.

Walk to boat at Epcot is maybe 2 or 3 minutes longer. If staying BCV, use the International Gateway boat dock as it is much closer than the dock at Yacht Club.

About 5 minutes to bus stop. We took the elevator down and out the side door to the quiet pool. You walk to the opposite side of the pool and at the edge of the parking lot is the covered (with benches) temporary bus stop.

If you are staying BCV, the end of the building closest to the bus stop has a service door that your band or room card will open. However the stairwell inside only goes up to the fourth floor since the fifth floor area doesn't extend the full length of the BCV building.

Walk to boat at Epcot is maybe 2 or 3 minutes longer. If staying BCV, use the International Gateway boat dock as it is much closer than the dock at Yacht Club.
Thanks! I am guessing a bit longer if the bus stop is back at its normal stop.

DH & I enjoyed another awesome custom cake from Y&BC Fine Dining. Here is a photo - 6" chocolate cake, peanut butter frosting, and chocolate ganache. The cost was just under $32 with tax and room delivery. I had requested the spider web design and the "Boo To You!" but left color choices and decorations up to the bakery. My only request was no fondant. DH loved the spider on the top and side of the cake!

This flavor combination was INCREDIBLE!

pb-choc-ganache-boo-to-you-cake-september-2016-050-jpg.197161
That's an awesome looking cake I hope it tasted as great as it looked.

Hello friends! Dee I know you've got an eraser handy.....date change 11/10-11/13 BC SV CL

I landed a new job so I had to do some changing. I'm really good at changing ;) the new second job can fund my vacations.

Wait. What?!?

What happened to the Poly? Or is that a later trip?

:confused3 :rotfl2:

Congrats on the new job.

:thumbsup2

We got home Sunday from our 4 night stay at YC. No upgrade, but we got what we requested: King bed near the elevator. And the room location was excellent, right around the corner from the elevator. But as we were on the second floor, we almost always used the stairs unless we had luggage or were coming from the gift shop. Room number was 2148. Our view was of the gazebo, and when on the balcony, we could see Cresent Lake and the Boardwalk.

We got home Sunday from our 4 night stay at YC. No upgrade, but we got what we requested: King bed near the elevator. And the room location was excellent, right around the corner from the elevator. But as we were on the second floor, we almost always used the stairs unless we had luggage or were coming from the gift shop. Room number was 2148. Our view was of the gazebo, and when on the balcony, we could see Cresent Lake and the Boardwalk.
We had room 1148 two years ago, right below your room. I loved the location. It was a fast walk to everything and very close to the YC entrance for SAB.

Looks like I will be making a return visit to YC this November, my TA was able to switch me from POFQ for the first 4 nights of my November trip! I stayed here for 8 nights last December for my first solo trip and loved it; I was hoping to try one of the other EPCOT resorts this time to see what they were like, but for some reason early to mid November is pretty much all booked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter