• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We have a trip booked for end of May at the Poly CL. However we can get the YC CL for just a bit cheaper. How is the YC CL, we have stayed CL 3 times at the BC.

:offtopic:

How are the reservations made for the breakfast and lunch at Be Our Guest these days? The same way as regular reservations or are they still doing some sort of FP thing? Do you still make reservations for lunch even though it is considered a QS meal?

TIA!!!

We had no problems making BOG breakfast and lunch reservations at the opening of our 180 day window. I got breakfast on 2 different days at 8 am, one day being the day after we arrived, so clearly it's easily bookable in the '+10' window.

Of course, to get these reservations, I was up at 3 am on December 23, but we all have to make sacrifices for our Disney trips... ;) I also made sure to nab my prime time Beaches & Cream reservations!

Park hours are out for August so that means 3 weeks to our ADR day. Not that I'm overly excited and need to share :dogdance:

I'm only seeing hours for 1st to 10th August- will Wednesday 24th be the same hours everywhere as Wednesday 10th etc?

We had a minor change to our trip...we are now going to YC on May15th thru the 22nd. I am hoping for bit less crowded than my original April trip. I had to add 5 more weeks to my countdown. :crazy:

Any updates on when they think the YC rooms are going to start getting refurbed? We're planning a TBD split stay with the Poly as soon as the passholder rates come out for our dates over the summer. We'd like to stay CL somewhere in Epcot, and it would be really awesome to check out the new YC lounge and get a fresh room, but I'm surprised that work hasn't started yet since it seems like it started immediately after they finished and unveiled the BC lounge.

Any updates on when they think the YC rooms are going to start getting refurbed? We're planning a TBD split stay with the Poly as soon as the passholder rates come out for our dates over the summer. We'd like to stay CL somewhere in Epcot, and it would be really awesome to check out the new YC lounge and get a fresh room, but I'm surprised that work hasn't started yet since it seems like it started immediately after they finished and unveiled the BC lounge.
No one seems to know when it will start. I'm at the yc now and my room is in great shape, nothing looks like that needs to be replaced.

Someone asked about the texting service. It is a perk of CL, you can text ipo for fps, adrs and anything else the ipo office does.

I said this a few pages back, but my friend is the project manager for the rehab and he is 1000% sure it is currently starting in August. Right now he's doing the BCV rehab.

I said this a few pages back, but my friend is the project manager for the rehab and he is 1000% sure it is currently starting in August. Right now he's doing the BCV rehab.
Does he know how the BCV is going and what floor or room types are being done first?

Feb%202016.jpg

22 days until my trip to the yacht club! Curious about magic bands and alcohol, is there anyway to verify age or do you still need to carry around an id? (Thinking about poolside at hurricane Hannas)

22 days until my trip to the yacht club! Curious about magic bands and alcohol, is there anyway to verify age or do you still need to carry around an id? (Thinking about poolside at hurricane Hannas)

During our summer 2014 trip, my DD, her fiancé, and their friend, all over 21, had to show ID every time they ordered a drink. We thought it would have been so much easier if they could have shown their ID at check-in and have it programmed into their MBs. That would be so convenient! Maybe someday....

During our summer 2014 trip, my DD, her fiancé, and their friend, all over 21, had to show ID every time they ordered a drink. We thought it would have been so much easier if they could have shown their ID at check-in and have it programmed into their MBs. That would be so convenient! Maybe someday....
I guess the challenge would be if someone used another person's Magic band

How are the reservations made for the breakfast and lunch at Be Our Guest these days? The same way as regular reservations or are they still doing some sort of FP thing? Do you still make reservations for lunch even though it is considered a QS meal? TIA!!!

If you don't mind getting up early, try to secure an early reservation for BOG, I think the earliest is around 8:00 am. You'll be able to enter Magic Kingdom before anyone else and can walk down a deserted Main Street. We did this on our last visit and it was so cool seeing the park before the masses poured in. Also, you can line up for 7 dwarfs mine train before anyone else and ride with a minimal wait.

Last edited:
If you don't mind getting up early, try to secure an early reservation for BOG, I think the earliest is around 8:00 am. You'll be able to enter Magic Kingdom before anyone else and can walk down a deserted Main Street. We did this on our last visit and it so cool seeing the park before the masses poured in. Also, you can line up for 7 dwarfs mine train before anyone else and ride with a minimal wait.

Thanks! That is exactly what I am trying to do. I have never done a pre-opening breakfast. Trying to decide between BOG and maybe Crystal Palace. Or it may just be whichever one I can get on the day that works best.

I most certainly do not mind getting up early. I am used to waking up in the middle of the night, so that habit may come in handy for a change. My ADR day will be in April.

:goodvibes:

Awesome--thank you! Guess I'll be tacking a few days YC onto our late fall plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter