Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Natebenma: of course, you may add my review to page 1. No, the iPhine is MIA. It was in airplane mode so we can't call it or use Find my iPhone. It's been reported lost/stolen to Verizon and Apple. Sigh.

"Thanks so much for sharing your review. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had. It seems like a lot went wrong and I am really disappointed to hear that you got an unsatisfactory response from the CMs you encountered. Please do share your thoughts with Disney/resort management via the survey and/or email.

May I add your report to the review section on Page 1?

:)"

Yes, you may add my review to the section on page 1. Thanks.

I have a question about rooms and magic express. Are all the standard rooms on the 2nd floor and higher? I also wanted to know how many resorts share the magic express? What has been your experiences with using the magic express while staying at the BC?

I received an Email from Disney Destinations yesterday about my upcoming BCV stay, In the section, quoted below, on Resort Transportation it states that there are water craft and buses to Epcot and DHS. This must be new.
RESORT TRANSPORTATION From your Resort, you can take a bus or water launch to Epcot® and Disney’s Hollywood Studios®. Bus transportation is available to access the other Theme Parks, Water Parks and the Downtown Disney® area. Complimentary transportation is available one hour prior to Disney Theme Park opening time up to one hour after Disney Theme Park closing time. Additionally, buses operate until 2 a.m. from the Downtown Disney area.

I also wanted to know how many resorts share the magic express? What has been your experiences with using the magic express while staying at the BC?

For our 3 stays at YC/BC the route/resorts have been different every time. It all depends on how many people are arriving at the same time and where they are staying.

Trip #1
CBR, Pop, YC then BC
Trip #2
POR, POFQ, YC then BC
Trip #3
YC, BC, BWI, then Pop

We were at YC last week and they were running buses to and from EPCOT but we were not notified why. We figured is was because of a large convention as well as the food and wine festival going on. Did not see any DHS buses though.

I have a question about rooms and magic express. Are all the standard rooms on the 2nd floor and higher? I also wanted to know how many resorts share the magic express? What has been your experiences with using the magic express while staying at the BC?
Most of the standard view rooms are third floor and higher.

Most of the many times we have taken the ME the order has been CBR to BWI to BC to YC. One time we went to AoA then Pop then the CBR then BC, but that is not normal. They try to fill the buses and will juggle the schedule accordingly.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list that we keep on Page 1.

As dansdad suggests, check out the view thread for some samples of standard views t

:)

Thank you! April 8-11, 2016

We stayed at BCV last October and will be there again in a couple weeks! With the various refurbishments/updates to the BC rooms I've read about happening, I was curious if the BC lobby itself has been updated since last October?

Are all the standard rooms on the 2nd floor and higher?

I believe that is correct. Standard view rooms overlook a roof top or parking lot. So definitely no ground floor roof top views. I think we determined that most of the first floor areas that would face the parking lots at BC and YC are public spaces like the lobby, restaurants, etc.

:goodvibes:

We checked out of Yacht Club (Club Level Water View) yesterday and I wanted to give a little review and trip report about our experience.

Thanks for sharing your review. I think it's important to emphasize that all reviews are welcome on this thread whether they be positive or they expose the shortcomings that a vacationer experienced during their stay.

I would urge you to contact guest services with your concerns. You did an excellent job describing what you experienced in your post so it may be as simple as just copy/pasting that info in an email. Your communication with guest services will be shared with the resort manager. Hopefully good things will come from your report.

I would also urge people coming back from a stay to share their thoughts, either positive or negative, with the management. All that feedback is the only way we have to positively impact the changes that need to be made or to reinforce what is being done right!

Here is the contact information:

email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

or send a letter to:
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
Executive Offices
Post Office Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-0040

When you write or email, please include your name, address, phone number and email address.

If it is a comment specific to the Yacht & Beach Club, you can write to the General Manager of the resort (perhaps copy Guest Communications as well):

Mim Flynn, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

~NM

Almost there! Stopped overnight in savannah, and hoping to check in to the beach club by noon tomorrow. It's been an interesting ride down - I didn't realize that parts of 95 were still closed from the flooding. Of course, the roads that Siri tried to detour me on we're also closed and I did a lot of backtracking. I just spent the last 45 minutes hanging out in the bathroom waiting for my kids to fall asleep (mostly the 1 year-old who was completely wired after being liberated from his car seat). As lovely as the new bathrooms look at the bc, I'm really hoping we get our balcony request, so I don't have to spend more time in there than necessary! Either way, I can't wait to get to Disney! When my husband arrives on Saturday, I might just throw all 3 kids at him and run away to food and wine...I will need a few adult beverages by then! Looking forward to saying hello to you on Sunday, Teena!

Almost there! Stopped overnight in savannah, and hoping to check in to the beach club by noon tomorrow. It's been an interesting ride down - I didn't realize that parts of 95 were still closed from the flooding. Of course, the roads that Siri tried to detour me on we're also closed and I did a lot of backtracking. I just spent the last 45 minutes hanging out in the bathroom waiting for my kids to fall asleep (mostly the 1 year-old who was completely wired after being liberated from his car seat). As lovely as the new bathrooms look at the bc, I'm really hoping we get our balcony request, so I don't have to spend more time in there than necessary! Either way, I can't wait to get to Disney! When my husband arrives on Saturday, I might just throw all 3 kids at him and run away to food and wine...I will need a few adult beverages by then! Looking forward to saying hello to you on Sunday, Teena!
I'm not working this Sunday and Monday. Will be back on the 18th. Hope you have a super time!!!!!

With the refurb, have more daybeds been added at BC?

I think there are technically less, as they have been removed from CL rooms (or did I dream reading that?!)

I don't know. I hope the resort added more in the rooms where they would fit, but I haven't heard one way or the other.

I don't remember reading that daybeds were removed from any CL or standard rooms, but I could have missed that. There were a couple of rooms in CL that were used to expand the lounge and at least one of those had a daybed so there is one less.

Are families of 5 still only able to book standard view club level rooms? If not, then I would guess that more have been added.

:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter