• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Early Morning Bus/Boat report:

I went out to the Beach Club bus stop at 6:30 on Sunday morning. The following buses arrived while I was there.

6:30 MK
6:52 AK
6:54 MK
7:06 AK

Then I left.

It was 8 am early entry opening for AK and 9 am opening for MK.

Of course, no buses to EP or HS (boat).

I was planning on monitoring the boat on Monday, but that didn't happen. I was out from 6:30 am until a little after 7 on Tuesday Sept 1 and I didn't see any Friendship boats docking. It was 8 am early opening at EPCOT.

:car:
With an 8:15 BOG breakfast at MK....do I need to be at the bus stop at 7?

"Pineapple Treats"

The Frozen Pineapple Treats, aka "Dole Whips" were NOT available earlier this week during our trip. The window never opened. We asked at 11 am on Sunday if they were available and were told that the frozen treat area would open around noon if there was adequate staffing.

I was at Stormalong Bay around 4 on Monday, and the window was not open.

:(
OH, MY!:scratchin :sad2: Will have to have a few more frozen drinks!;):drinking1

You can actually choose whatever nickname you wish and it will be printed on the band. You may be asked your "proper name" at times however...

:thumbsup2
Oops - I mean the characters they put on your picture. Simba or Rajah would have been cute additions.

Early Morning Bus/Boat report:

I went out to the Beach Club bus stop at 6:30 on Sunday morning. The following buses arrived while I was there.

6:30 MK
6:52 AK
6:54 MK
7:06 AK

Then I left.

It was 8 am early entry opening for AK and 9 am opening for MK.

Of course, no buses to EP or HS (boat).

I was planning on monitoring the boat on Monday, but that didn't happen. I was out from 6:30 am until a little after 7 on Tuesday Sept 1 and I didn't see any Friendship boats docking. It was 8 am early opening at EPCOT.

:car:
We had amazing bus/boat timing this trip. Only once did we get to either the bus stop or the pier and had to wait and the boat came like 5 minutes later the one time we missed one.

The monorail on the other hand was a disaster!! Was down the two times we needed it for our dinners at the GF and because of that the boat was jammed! I wanted to take a cab but you can't get one at the MK. I'm happy to debate anyone who tells you us that the monorail resorts are so much more convenient than the Epcot resorts!!

Jay

I wanted to express my sympathy to our dear Teena. I am so sorry for your loss! Hugs and love to you and your beautiful family my friend

In late July or early August we got word from Erika (TigrLvsPooh, not the storm) that Dole Whips and other Frozen Treats (Mickey Bars and the like) were being sold in the former Pool Gift Shop stand- near the activities portion of Stormalong Bay.

Not sure if they are gone forever, or if they will be there during busier times when there is adequate staffing.

It was pretty slow the couple of days I was there and the days I was at Universal. Not sure if it was the end of summer/start of school or Erika (the storm) that was hyped up but also ended up, thankfully, being a no-show. Probably a bit of both.

::yes::
We were at the YC from August 21 - 29th and never saw the frozen treats window opened once during our trip either.

Just wanted to thank everybody for their love and support. Jeanne, Lily, and I really appreciate it. Bob had a super good life, he loved retirement and our home here in Florida. He said on Saturday that life sure was good...at the time we were talking about our upcoming October 10th cruise on his favorite ship, the Disney Fantasy. He never thought with his family history he would live past 70 so he did real good. He went fast and they said he didn't have any pain. We are very thankful for that. He did not want any kind of service and we are honoring that. But the next time you are at a bar, please have a Manhattan and raise your glass to him. Just make sure it's the way he liked it, "up, very cold, stirred not shaken." He'll be up there smiling down at you!

He loved animals and the Sand Hill Cranes that adopted us here in Florida and live in our backyard were a constant source of pleasure for him. Yesterday they were looking for him.

Lily loved her Pop-Pop so much. I honestly think that was what kept Bob going. Lily was pretty much his life ... the last thing we did on Saturday together (I worked on Sunday) was spend time at the computer looking for the Disney Palace Pets she wanted for Christmas. She told me to make sure Pop-Pop knew what she wanted. I asked her about Santa ... was she going to tell him too. She said, no, just Pop-Pop. She knew he was a sure thing. On the way to the babysitter in the morning, she would always want to call Pop-Pop on the phone in the car and sing to him. He would listen to Let It Go over and over again with a huge smile on his face.

He left this world a very loved man. I'm having a very hard time thinking about a life without him!

This is a really beautiful tribute to Bob.

Now that I am home, I can post a couple of pictures here for you.

HappyFamily[1].jpg poppop5.jpg

Teena and Bob.jpg

assembly1.jpg

Pirate Bob.jpg

edited to add: Dee - thanks for the photos of Bob. That is a wonderful collection. Bob was devoted to his family. :)

I am back at work after our short, three night stay.

Anyway - We had a great DisMeet on Sunday evening. Teena joined our group after work and we had a lovely dinner at Crews Cup. It was quite a shock to hear the sad news about Bob the next morning. After some discussion, it was decided to keep our plans to hit Epcot, so DH & I joined the four monkies - Abu, Chim Chim, Rafiki and Bubbles, and we went to Epcot. I have some Photopass pictures of our group that I can't post until mid October, but if they're decent, you'll see them. Dee has the rest of the pictures except for the one I took. This is the way they toured Epcot:

IMG_2354_zps6aa1fb2e.jpg

But we did have a lot of fun. DH and I bailed later to go to SAB. It was a super humid day due to the remnants of Erika swirling off the coast. Epcot was empty that day and MK wasn't crowded on Tuesday. The cab driver complained that he wasn't getting any fares because the resorts were empty, too.

I had read reports of people going swimming on their departure day and always thought that it seemed like a lot of trouble - until we took a vacation in August. It was so humid on Tuesday that we hit the YC quiet pool before we going to the airport yesterday. It was a great way to cool off. Now we just need to get the YC/BC to build a shower room.

Last edited:
edited to add: Dee - thanks for the photos of Bob. That is a wonderful collection. Bob was devoted to his family. :)

I am back at work after our short, three night stay.

Anyway - We had a great DisMeet on Sunday evening. Teena joined our group after work and we had a lovely dinner at Crews Cup. It was quite a shock to hear the sad news about Bob the next morning. After some discussion, it was decided to keep our plans to hit Epcot, so DH & I joined the four monkies - Abu, Chim Chim, Rafiki and Bubbles, and we went to Epcot. I have some Photopass pictures of our group that I can't post until mid October, but if they're decent, you'll see them. Dee has the rest of the pictures except for the one I took. This is the way they toured Epcot:

IMG_2354_zps6aa1fb2e.jpg

But we did have a lot of fun. DH and I bailed later to go to SAB. It was a super humid day due to the remnants of Erika swirling off the coast. Epcot was empty that day and MK wasn't crowded on Tuesday. The cab driver complained that he wasn't getting any fares because the resorts were empty, too.

I had read reports of people going swimming on their departure day and always thought that it seemed like a lot of trouble - until we took a vacation in August. It was so humid on Tuesday that we hit the YC quiet pool before we going to the airport yesterday. It was a great way to cool off. Now we just need to get the YC/BC to build a shower room.

It was wonderful to meet you and your husband.

Here is our picture from France.

France.jpg

You can actually choose whatever nickname you wish and it will be printed on the band. You may be asked your "proper name" at times however...

:thumbsup2

Yes, please be prepared to provide your "proper name"...most likely will occur when you are requesting assistance from a CM with little personality and virtually no interest in actually doing his job. Just sayin, this just might happen.

Wow, those new interiors at YC look bland! Am I the only one who likes the blue, and the feeling of water/sky that it evokes?

In late July or early August we got word from Erika (TigrLvsPooh, not the storm) that Dole Whips and other Frozen Treats (Mickey Bars and the like) were being sold in the former Pool Gift Shop stand- near the activities portion of Stormalong Bay.

Not sure if they are gone forever, or if they will be there during busier times when there is adequate staffing.

It was pretty slow the couple of days I was there and the time I was at Universal. Not sure if it was the end of summer/start of school or Erika (the storm) that was hyped up but also ended up, thankfully, being a no-show. Probably a bit of both.

::yes::
Closed as of 3:30 Wednesday. Hrmph.

Yacht Club, sample hallway décor. Hopefully they will be going back to the drawing board!
Another personal opinion on this mock-up at the YC...People often complain about the long corridors at YC and BC. If Disney intends on using this monotone, no-pattern carpet, there will be nothing to visually break up the long corridors, which will make the corridors appear even more endless.

Last edited:
Dee...
Glad you got home safely and thanks for sharing all the pictures...I really wish I could have been there this year.

We had to change our dates for October as we found out Madison's senior recognition/awards night was going to take place while we were away. Being her last year in high school, there's no way we can miss that!! When you get a chance, can you update the BOG list? We will now be staying at the BC from 10/18-10/22, no CL this time.

As always, thanks for all you do my friend :flower3:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter