Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Such a helpful thread and great community.

This is our first time renting DVC points. We we will be staying in a Studio Villa October 2-9. I'm unsure about how Mousekeeping works in this situation. Do I need to request it upon check-in? Additionally, do we check in at the BC main lobby? Any others tips for first time DVC renters that I may not know about? I appreciate any info!

This is our first time renting DVC points. We we will be staying in a Studio Villa October 2-9. I'm unsure about how Mousekeeping works in this situation. Do I need to request it upon check-in? Additionally, do we check in at the BC main lobby? Any others tips for first time DVC renters that I may not know about? I appreciate any info!

As you are renting, you will not get Mousekeeping each day. The villa will be clean upon arrival and then I believe on Day 4 you'll have towels dropped off and trash taken.

Yes, you check-in at the main lobby. There is a lobby of the Villas as well that is staffed during the day. The CMs there were always very helpful, but I don't recall seeing them check anyone in.

As you are renting, you will not get Mousekeeping each day. The villa will be clean upon arrival and then I believe on Day 4 you'll have towels dropped off and trash taken.

Yes, you check-in at the main lobby. There is a lobby of the Villas as well that is staffed during the day. The CMs there were always very helpful, but I don't recall seeing them check anyone in.

Yes, we rented points from David's DVC. Thanks for the info!

From another site for DVC owners:

For stays of 8 days (7 nights) or less, guests will receive the Trash & Towel service on Day 4. The Trash & Towel service is essentially what it sounds like; housekeeping will provide fresh towels, empty the trash and replenish consumables like toiletries and laundry detergent.

Guests who would prefer that the services be performed on a different schedule can simply request it at the front desk. Services can be moved to different days at no charge as long as there is no increase in frequency of service. Additional cleanings or T&T services are available for a fee. The charges are as follows:

Trash & Towel: Studio/Inn = $15 per service
Full cleaning: Studio/Inn = $30 per service

Do I have to pay for additional consumables during my stay?
In some cases, yes. Items such as laundry soap, coffee and toiletries are provided in limited quantities upon arrival and replenished (free of charge) only when the room is serviced by housekeeping. Additional quantities can be purchased by contacting housekeeping. Prices are as follows:

Laundry soap (single load box) = $1
Towel pack = $6
Toiletries (bar soap, shampoo, etc) = $5
Coffee service = $3

Other consumables are replaced as needed at no charge to guests. Included are facial tissue, toilet tissue, paper towels, liquid dish soap, dishwasher detergent, trash bags and paper / plastic dinnerware (studio villa.)

I checked in yesterday & was looking for Teena, came to check her whereabouts and am so shocked to hear such sad news. I have been following her adventures and advise for many months now & feel like I know her. I am thinking of you and the your girls and sending you my condolences.

Hi everyone. I am home now from my Beach Club escapades. My Three Amigos are continuing on to the new Poly villas for a couple of days. Here is the post from our good friend Ninja Mom:

"I love to joke around with the Disney Resort staff that my room request to have Matthew McConaughey waiting in the room for me when I check in is never met. Usually the staff reminds me that requests are just that, requests and that they can't always be met. Well today at check in we must have just missed Matthew ; ) and the staff at the resort left us a little consolation gift. MAHALO Polynesian staff, Mahalo... well done! P.S be sure to read the text on the card in the picture."

Poly Checkin.jpg

The note:

Aloha Ladies,

We just couldn't get Matthew McConaughey to make an appearance so we went the next best thing- chocolate!

Mahalo, Front Desk

:goodvibes:

Helps when you are right there! They weren't set out yet so I had to ask the front desk. I am home now so I can scan in a copy instead of just the photo.

:thumbsup2
Hi Dee, glad you made it home safely! Did you notice if the refurbishments were complete on the first floor? Are they completely done with the BC?
Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter