Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have never used online check-in, but I am seriously considering it for an upcoming stay. There has been conflicting feedback, and I would appreciate some advice from those who have recently used it.
  1. If I made room requests through my TA, do I just not make any room requests when I do online check-in, fearing that my original requests will be ignored?
  2. Since OLCI allows you to advise an arrival time, is there a better chance that your room will be available at time of arrival, even if arriving a couple of hours before normal check-in time?
  3. How much of a problem is it if you want to request a different room (don't care for location assigned, etc)?
Thanks for any input on this. I am seriously thinking of trying it out.

1. Just make similar requests online and you are good. For instance, give TA 1st floor and click 1st floor on OLCI. Don't give TA 1st floor but click upper floor OLCI. That way, if they lost the TA notes somehow they have the ones on your check in. I think OLCI does help with #2 since you can click "make room ready early override everything else" or however it's worded. You have to pick at least 1 option in the OLCI requests to make that option available though.
OLCI can't hurt so I'm not sure why folks avoid using it

Teena: make sure Bob keeps the adult beverages flowing while you do the linens!!!

Safe Travels! Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!!!

ALL CHECKED IN!!! SW A23 WOOHOOO!!! Monkeys are coming Monkeys are coming!!! Can't wait... time to iron and pack! Should arrive by 12:30-1... Question is should I pick up my own luggage like Rebecca OR should I use that amazing yellow tag Ninja sent me?!?!?! What to do what to do!!

~N
Oooh...dangerous proposition using a yellow tag from NM. The next time you see her, she could be wearing that really nice top you just ironed! :-)

Seriously, though, with the upcoming weather conditions, I think I would just grab my own bag and bring it along on the ME. The drivers are always helpful with bags, and you can always get help at the resort, if you need it.

Though I don't arrive till the following weekend, I've already decided to pass on the yellow tags and just pick up my baggage and bring along on the ME.

Congrats on the good boarding number!

Last edited:

Oooh...dangerous proposition using a yellow tag from NM. The next time you see her, she could be wearing that really nice top you just ironed! :-)

Seriously, though, with the upcoming weather conditions, I think I would just grab my own bag and bring it along on the ME. The drivers are always helpful with bags, and you can always get help at the resort, if you need it.

Though I don't arrive till the following weekend, I've already decided to pass on the yellow tags and just pick up my baggage and bring along with me on the ME.

Congrats on the good boarding number!

Thanks for the advice!! On to NM... no words. :)

~N

ALL CHECKED IN!!! SW A23 WOOHOOO!!! Monkeys are coming Monkeys are coming!!! Can't wait... time to iron and pack! Should arrive by 12:30-1... Question is should I pick up my own luggage like Rebecca OR should I use that amazing yellow tag Ninja sent me?!?!?! What to do what to do!!

~N

I am ready for some Monkey business!

You should have luggage before dinner if you yellow tag or we have found baggage claim to be pretty quick at MCO..what to do, what to do?? Such decisions. Can't wait. See you soon!

No words! I don't think the 4 of us are going to shut up the whole time we are together!

~NM

I am ready for some Monkey business!

You should have luggage before dinner if you yellow tag or we have found baggage claim to be pretty quick at MCO..what to do, what to do?? Such decisions. Can't wait. See you soon!

Yea... I don't think there will be any sleep... Especially IF Erica decides to crash our party!! Good thing we know a good bar!!

~N

Which Erica is crashing our vacation (And more importantly, will she run nekked in the rain with us??) And why do you need to pick up luggage if we are doing this trip "Au Naturale"?
Sorry I'm not keeping up with these developments, I've been busy packing the luggage I am not taking.

~NM

I went to the dollar tree this week for the purpose of buying cheap ponchos and they said they don't carry them anymore!! Anywhere else cheap to get them?

Amazon! 20 disposable ponchos for $19 shipped (no tax). I've bought these before, and they're great for a day's use.

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B002P4ST3O

And we put these through the ultimate test: we used them on six consecutive rides (with unlimited Universal Express) on Jurassic Park, Bluto's Barges and Dudley Do-Right's Ripshaw Falls. No rips or tears and they kept us dry!

We check in on Tuesday. Right in the middle of this weather mess :(

But on another note, looking at our reservation on the MDE app, our reservation now suddenly says "pool or lagoon view". It has said "standard" up until today (which is what we booked). I hope this is correct!
I think it is correct. We booked standard and then a few days before it changed to Garden or Lagoon.....and that's what we got! Enjoy!

For those who are flying Southwest (it seems to be a great many of us) to/from MCO, they have posted the following weather-related info:

Customers holding reservations for travel to/from/through the following cities from Sunday, August 30, thru Tuesday, September 1, are eligible to reschedule their flights in accordance with our accommodation procedures. Please rebook your travel on Southwest.com or our mobile app. Customers who did not purchase a ticket via Southwest.com or our mobile app can call 1-800-435-9792 to speak with a Customer Representative.

• Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
  • Ft. Myers (RSW)
  • Orlando (MCO)
  • Tampa (TPA)
  • West Palm Beach (PBI)

How are the standard rooms? Are they going to be getting done over again? Was hearing since Beach Club got a refurb on some of the rooms that Yacht Club might. Thanks.

For those who are flying Southwest (it seems to be a great many of us) to/from MCO, they have posted the following weather-related info:

Customers holding reservations for travel to/from/through the following cities from Sunday, August 30, thru Tuesday, September 1, are eligible to reschedule their flights in accordance with our accommodation procedures. Please rebook your travel on Southwest.com or our mobile app. Customers who did not purchase a ticket via Southwest.com or our mobile app can call 1-800-435-9792 to speak with a Customer Representative.

• Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
  • Ft. Myers (RSW)
  • Orlando (MCO)
  • Tampa (TPA)
  • West Palm Beach (PBI)

I'll take my chances.... As long as I get out I'm all set, and it seems as though Saturday flights are a go go... They can hold me hostage there as long as they'd like!! :)

Now on to the next dilemma... to bring the camera stuff or not... NM care to weigh in on this one??!?!!?

~N

I'll take my chances.... As long as I get out I'm all set, and it seems as though Saturday flights are a go go... They can hold me hostage there as long as they'd like!! :)

Now on to the next dilemma... to bring the camera stuff or not... NM care to weigh in on this one??!?!!?

~N
I just thought it was a good excuse to delay the flight back home. :)

How are the standard rooms? Are they going to be getting done over again? Was hearing since Beach Club got a refurb on some of the rooms that Yacht Club might. Thanks.
Check the first post on page one of this thread. We really don't know when the YC refurb is going to start. Possibly the nekked ladies of the Solarium can investigate that this weekend?
Katesdad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter