Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So, can you folks who use the "magical" offers...someone said that they are convention rates? Is there any problem with this from Disney's perspective? I mean, since most of us are NOT there for a convention, are there any limitations or restrictions, or other factors that make these offers different than an offer from anywhere else? (Other than price, I mean...)
Can not add on anything (Dinning package, for example, free or otherwise) no ticket changes once at Disney (so no adding PH day of arrival). So yes, a few strings.

We check in on Wednesday for a well deserved family trip. My husband is graduating after a 3 year advanced degree distance learning program at UFL!!! It will be good to have him "back" in the family after committing so much time to his Doctoral degree. :thumbsup2

Here's hoping for sunshine between raindrops and a few Sunken treasures to celebrate his graduation and family fun!
party:

7 MORE DAYS TO GO UNTIL WE ARE THERE!!!!!

I have been obsessively planning a special trip, not only for my family but also for my brother-in-law's family. His twin girls (13) have never been to WDW, and he swore never to go. But my nieces have experienced my vacation planning, and begged him to let me do it for them. I even sent monthly email updates during the planning process, sent them an online survey to rate their fave attractions in all the parks, and asked what they wanted for dinner each night. My in-laws think I'm nuts, but as all of you know, it is truly a labor of love.

I recently lost my job (maybe due to my obsessive Disney trip planning :-)). And so my "Disney high" will come to an end on August 16th and then severe depression will kick in. But the magic we will experience will make it all worth the trouble.

BTW, I wanted to share my Disney planning spreadsheet, complete with links to touring plans, maps, etc. It probably doesn't compare to the great things many of you do to plan, but here it is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Ar_omt1hvTd39CqurrWdhURHUVsrLTETmPma8_nQJ0/edit?usp=sharing.

If anyone will be at the BC next week, let me know. My wife hates it when I meet strangers, but anyone who shares this obsession is no stranger to me!

Our daughter already asked if she would still be included in our vacations even though she will be in college :rotfl2: I said, of course.....but not all of them!!!!!
We went last year to F&W without our two. Had a blast. This year both our "kids" will be in college. They leave the same weekend. We decided since we'll be empty nesters that we would go to the Grand Canyon & Sedona. They both claimed "not fair!" Oh well, guess we'll see what family vacation is next year.

Way off topic, but anyone been to Sedona &/or the Grand Canyon have any suggestions for places to eat? I've read reviews, but I trust the people here more!

Thanks...!
We have used them before and for our upcoming trip.
For us, these restrictions have been worth it considering the savings.

Everything else is the same. We also had a "free" fun thing added (waterpark/golf/Disney Quest)

In my estimation you simply can't put a price on the convenience that club level provides if you are having the sort of trip where you will really benefit from it. So for those of us doing Disney Math you have to factor in Convenience (C) to your equation.

A Disney Math equation for the Beach/Yacht club might look like this:
Location + Club level X Convenience -time delays + beverages + desserts + breakfasts - pricey in park snack/beverages X the personal CL touch = a spectacular experience on vacation!

The spying and lying comments really have me confused as they don't seem to make any sense to me. I'm fairly certain there was no subterfuge and that the bill is just a mistake, which will be fixed as soon as the OP is able to contact her TA. Have you gotten into a pitcher of Sunken Treasure and are typing responses to posts? If so send some of that green gold my way and together we shall take on the Dis boards Beach Club/Yacht Club style!

As for the magical agency, I have used them twice and I am extremely happy with the service I have received. I am perfectly capable of making my own Disney reservations but I find that I am enjoying the $$ and service advantages by being magical about my reservation.

~NM

I was offering up ideas of why she would be charged for what she thought was a free upgrade. I wasn't drunk or accusing anyone of anything. If you booked as a convention and aren't attending one it is sort of a lie (hey I am doing it too, no judgement) and if Disney has started policies against that sort of thing (not saying they have just again trying to offer a suggestion why she was charged) perhaps they cancelled her convention rate because when asked she admitted to not attending one (I wouldn't know how to answer if asked at check in either). Maybe that happened, maybe it didn't I was trying to speculate to help OP.

If the charge was from the TA because she "owned" the reservation until check in and saw the OP was given a higher room category and charged her for it (don't know why anyone would do that but people get bugs up their butt) then what else would you call that other than spying? I didn't say she did that, I said it was an option for what happened.

As for the magical experience, mine has been a hassel. Yes the price is good, but it caused issues with booking dining and the TA shrugged off my frantic plea for help on adr day and said she would put the adrs I didn't get on a watch list (so so glad I did them myself instead of trusting her because I got several that she was watching for and never did anything about), I can never get her on the phone to make a payment (she never calls me back either so I have to keep calling until I get her which is annoying) vs logging on to MDE and just getting it done. So far I have yet to see any service advantage to having her as opposed to doing it myself and it adds unnecessary worry to my upcoming trip because I have to watch everything to make sure she does it.

Just checked out of the BC this morning. Spent the first part of the week at the beach and the last 3 nights at BC. The resort is gorgeous and we loved the scent when you first walk in the lobby. We booked a standard view room through a TA mentioned on the boards. We arrived about 11:30am and our room was ready. I was told at check in we had a garden view room (4583). I would consider it a water view though. If I looked straight ahead I had a garden view, but looking left it was the BWI and the Dolphin. It was located near the volleyball court. I was excited to receive some pixie dust on the room upgrade until I just reviewed my charges as we are driving and noticed I had been charged for the garden view room to the tune of almost $900!! If I had known it wasn't a complimentary upgrade I would have asked to be moved back to a standard view.

Mom2gymnasts, I'm really interested in what happened with this issue. I'm hoping you were refunded.

We booked a "magical deal" for the first time, and I'm worried about it potentially happening to us. Should I be worried about being booked as a convention?

I'm now afraid that they'll ask me if I'm attending a convention and I won't know what to say. :scared:I was under the impression that the deal was legit, and now I'm nervous. I'm hoping that my worrying is for nothing.

Mom2gymnasts, I'm really interested in what happened with this issue. I'm hoping you were refunded.

We booked a "magical deal" for the first time, and I'm worried about it potentially happening to us. Should I be worried about being booked as a convention?

I'm now afraid that they'll ask me if I'm attending a convention and I won't know what to say. :scared:I was under the impression that the deal was legit, and now I'm nervous. I'm hoping that my worrying is for nothing.

Don't be nervous; it's legit. I've personally booked two vacations with them and never had a problem. I also recommended them to several friends that have used them with no problems either.

I was offering up ideas of why she would be charged for what she thought was a free upgrade. I wasn't drunk or accusing anyone of anything. If you booked as a convention and aren't attending one it is sort of a lie (hey I am doing it too, no judgement) and if Disney has started policies against that sort of thing (not saying they have just again trying to offer a suggestion why she was charged) perhaps they cancelled her convention rate because when asked she admitted to not attending one (I wouldn't know how to answer if asked at check in either). Maybe that happened, maybe it didn't I was trying to speculate to help OP.

I believe we are all hear to help each other, and join together camaraderie of enjoying the BC/YC/BCV resorts. We are all here to enjoy that, and some of us this helps us escape from the daily grind and have a place to chill out. If someone is offering up a pitcher of sunken treasure I am in! I don't think anyone is out to accuse or bring you down, you have been on here quite a bit and know that we are all quite a friendly bunch, some quieter then others. ;)

I am sorry that you have had a bad experience with that TA, personally I don't use them or any other TA for that matter as I enjoy the planning portion, but each to their own. Depending on the future and stars magically aligning, I may try to utilize one, however dining reservations will never leave my hands.....have to have some control! Hopefully it doesn't bring a cloud over your trips!

Aerinha-Sorry your experience with the agent has been so bad. I wonder if the "convention" rate is due to the agency contracting for a large enough block of rooms to qualify for the rate they charge groups that are there for a convention. Maybe a TA could confirm? If that was the case, then there is nothing wrong with the rate. I am using said agency and have had no issues so far. I hope your TA gives you the service you are looking for going forward.

Sunken Treasure....new carpet smell....D*le Wh*p being sold at a pool with a sandy bottom I can sink my toes into????? I WANNA BE AT THE BEACH CLUB RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Someone totally needs to make a vacation countdown ticker that has a Dole Whip as a slider. Preferably, a Dole Whip with a smiley face on it.

Last edited:
Hmm, wondering if the is the same "magical" company I used last year? I had NO problems with the reservation. Never asked anything about being part of a convention. it was a REALLy good rate at Port orleans, and honestly i wouldn't hesitate to use them again...........UNLESS this convention rate question is a new thing?

The room blocks are the same as group rate...it's a volume discount. This is a common practice in the industry, offering group rates for conventions, weddings, or any other sizable number of rooms being booked by an entity.

As in many businesses, the more you purchase of something, the lower the unit cost.

And, of course, this is with Disney's knowledge and approval - it's business for them. As for changes in the future...who knows?

On arrival day I'm thinking we will spend the afternoon exploring the YC/BC and enjoying SAB. I'm hoping for a casual dinner, and don't want to have to make a reservation so that we will have flexibility in terms of schedule. DH also wants to check out the Boardwalk at some point--is there somewhere over there that yall would suggest? The menu at Hurricane Hanna's looked good, I'm wondering if we should explore Boardwalk before heading out to swim at SAB and then just take a break from swimming and enjoy a burger (and apparently this Sunken Treasure everyone keeps mentioning?) instead?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter