Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Online check-in for BCV is in 6 days and I'm starting to get REALLY excited. I've been trying to figure out what requests to put in for the best shot at a refurbed room. I'm thinking woods view? I'd like canal view, but I'm having a hard time picturing where the newer rooms are.
When we were at the BC last month they were working on the fifth floor of the villas building. I would guess that they would have several floors done by June.

I've got the April movie titles, but does anyone know which night of the week the movie is held in the Solarium vs. the beach? I've got the March activity guide, but I wondered if April has the same schedule with the movie held on the beach on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays. Thanks!

When we were at the BC last month they were working on the fifth floor of the villas building. I would guess that they would have several floors done by June.

Good to know, thanks! I think we've got decent odds of a refurbed room in June because of the amount they should have done by then, but am trying not to get my hopes up too much.

I have a question for you frequent visitors to WDW; not BC related. Do you find there are cheaper times of the year for flights? I'll tell you the reason I'm asking. Our DD and her family moved to Kissimmee last July (from Wisconsin...where I am :-(). We normally head to WDW in February, but now with wanting to fit a couple extra trips in to visit our daughter, I'm wondering if there are cheaper times to fly. We would still do a winter trip, but not sure about another 1-2. Does anyone have any tips on when to book, how often to look? Or is really just a roll of the dice. Any advice is appreciated. And I hope it's allowed for me to ask.

I have a question for you frequent visitors to WDW; not BC related. Do you find there are cheaper times of the year for flights? I'll tell you the reason I'm asking. Our DD and her family moved to Kissimmee last July (from Wisconsin...where I am :-(). We normally head to WDW in February, but now with wanting to fit a couple extra trips in to visit our daughter, I'm wondering if there are cheaper times to fly. We would still do a winter trip, but not sure about another 1-2. Does anyone have any tips on when to book, how often to look? Or is really just a roll of the dice. Any advice is appreciated. And I hope it's allowed for me to ask.

This is a complicated question since there a lot of factors that influence demand /pricing and by no means am I an expert in this area, but will give you my 2 cents. I'll answer it by giving you what I think the more expensive times of the year are to fly [in no particular priority order]. First would be summer due to high demand with most everyone out of school. Then the major holidays; Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter [plus spring break], New years. Honorable mention to all of the other holidays that may translate in to long weekends; MLK, Presidents, Memorial, Independence, Labor, Veterans, etc. As for particular days of the week to fly? Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays have been historically cheaper [per industry analysts]. We fly regularly from CT to MCO in late October and early January and I would consider those "cheaper" times to fly.

Last edited:
I'm noticing how the feature Clown pool is actually at BWV and not BWI.

BWV has a small plain quiet pool. BWI has a small plain quiet pool and the Clown pool. You can use any of the pools when you stay at BWV or BWI.

My general strategy is to book as soon as the airline releases their flights for the time period that I want to go. Southwest releases their flights something like 9 months in advance so this works to my advantage. Other airlines release their flights far in advance of departure so it gets a little tricky depending on when you want to fly and with which airline.

So that's one tip that may or may not be of some help... book as soon as the flights are released because the more the flight is filled up the higher the prices become.

~NM

April 2016 Activities Schedule-
Please note the special activity for Earth Day and the nights with entertainment at Martha's Vineyard Lounge listed on Page 2.

April%202016%20p1.jpg

April%202016%20p2.jpg

I don't much about searching for airfare but this was my experience...

When to WDW I went in early Nov last year CA to MCO I started watching prices in May & booked when I saw them take a large drop in July, the drop lasted a grand total of 1 day. It was with United. I watched prices using Kayak on my smartphone by searching a couple times a week. I jumped in July when they seemed to take a surprising drop and ended up getting it at the cheapest price I saw. I know THAT will never happen again lol! Anyway, for me the key was research and perseverance.

Last edited:
We fly out of Chicago Midway on SWA and the cheapest flights have always been in January. We have flown in January quite a few times and have been able to book cheap flights. The next cheapest we have gotten was when SWA offered $49 flights during late August and most of September. We jumped on it and flew to WDW for a three day weekend. We've gotten decent prices in February, too, although this past February we had our return flight cancelled due to weather, which is always a risk when you fly in the winter. The next cheapest flights have been the early part of December. But in general I just watch the SWA website like a hawk for the flights to go on sale.

Just because we need a bump from Page 2, I am sharing my favorite SAB "Bird Poop" Hidden Mickeys.

Make sure you check out the deck pilings around SAB for these clever HMs

I think the first one (single) is near the shallow sand pool area on the YC side of SAB.

The other one is near Hurricane Hanna's

:laughing:

Just because we need a bump from Page 2, I am sharing my favorite SAB "Bird Poop" Hidden Mickeys.

I think the first one (single) is near the shallow sand pool area on the YC side of SAB.

That's hysterical, my 9 year old DS will love that, thanks for pointing it out :)

Has anyone stumbled on the Yacht Club's signature scent in any recent products? I checked back on the first page, and a few of the links are broken. I once purchased a candle that smelled great on etsy but they no longer are a seller. I really don't want to invest in $150 for the enviroscent thing. Anyone know of any good lotions, hair products, or candles that capture the magic smell of YC or BC? Smells can take me right back to that special place without being there :) Thanks in advance!

Poop is always the best for getting us off page 2

Just remember, no one gets tired of SAB they just get pooped.

:rotfl2:

Oh I like your style. Nothing like a dose of poop to put us back on the lead page:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Has anyone stumbled on the Yacht Club's signature scent in any recent products? I checked back on the first page, and a few of the links are broken. I once purchased a candle that smelled great on etsy but they no longer are a seller. I really don't want to invest in $150 for the enviroscent thing. Anyone know of any good lotions, hair products, or candles that capture the magic smell of YC or BC? Smells can take me right back to that special place without being there :) Thanks in advance!
I remember a past post a few years ago that at Bath & Body there was a room scent that was close. I think it may have been Fresh Cotton? Linen? Something like that. Maybe Dee remembers?

Do you find there are cheaper times of the year for flights? I'll tell you the reason I'm asking. Our DD and her family moved to Kissimmee last July (from Wisconsin...where I am :-(). Any advice is appreciated.

I fly out of MKE all the time. I actually was scoping for cheap flights when one popped up and that is the reason we ended up coming on our trip in May to the BC. It was a "sale" price, <$100 each way. I got the sales notification in my e-mail as part of my frequent flyer program with SW. I think they do a great job in MKE. I would recommend for signing up for their notifications because they let you know which locations are on sale. They just kept sending them to me and knew what I was looking for (cookies) and I was able to pounce on a fantastic fare. Have fun visiting your daughter's family.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to answer my question. Bamfield, I point out you in particular because MKE is where I would be flying out of as well. I will definitely sign up for the email alerts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter