Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used an airbed in addition to the fold out sofa in a 1BR at Copper Creek? We (party of 4) are travelling with two teenage boys who aren't really keen on sharing that fold out and a week on the sofa cushions won't really be ideal. We have used an airbed at the old Villas at WL, BCV, and at Boardwalk Villas without a space problem. But the Copper Creek rooms seem to be a bit tighter. Our other option is the Floridian, which I assume will be spacious enough for the airbed (or maybe that one has a foldout chair bed like BLT???).

Thanks!

An odd question, but anyone know if there are bathrooms in the Boulder Ridge building main lobby?

Can someone who has stayed at a copper creek villa studio tell me if they felt the room was to small?

Its just me and one other person going.

I am still knocking my head around keeping my copper creek villa reservation or wait listing beach club. Ay yi yi
Plenty of space for two people.

Has anyone used an airbed in addition to the fold out sofa in a 1BR at Copper Creek? We (party of 4) are travelling with two teenage boys who aren't really keen on sharing that fold out and a week on the sofa cushions won't really be ideal. We have used an airbed at the old Villas at WL, BCV, and at Boardwalk Villas without a space problem. But the Copper Creek rooms seem to be a bit tighter. Our other option is the Floridian, which I assume will be spacious enough for the airbed (or maybe that one has a foldout chair bed like BLT???).

Thanks!

I just listened to a podcast and they had a 1bedroom at copper creek and they put an airbed (fpr their 6yo) and a pack n play in the bedroom. Then their MIL had the sofa bed in the living area.

Has anyone asked about or offered the paid upgrade to club level (access) that was happening for a while? Just wondering if it was still happening, because it would be nice for my April weekend trip.

Has anyone asked about or offered the paid upgrade to club level (access) that was happening for a while? Just wondering if it was still happening, because it would be nice for my April weekend trip.

I inquired about it when I called two days ago and they didn’t have any additional information yet.

Do they still have the sea marine shampoo and conditioner? If they do, what are everyone’s thoughts on it? I usually bring my own shampoo, because i have curly hair that’s been lightened so it frizzes easily and can feel dry.

If it’s good stuff, I’m thinking about saving the weight and space in our luggage and just using what’s in the room.

Do they still have the sea marine shampoo and conditioner? If they do, what are everyone’s thoughts on it? I usually bring my own shampoo, because i have curly hair that’s been lightened so it frizzes easily and can feel dry.

If it’s good stuff, I’m thinking about saving the weight and space in our luggage and just using what’s in the room.

They did in May when I stayed there. I have very thick, long, wavy hair and it “worked” fine, but I didn’t love the smell. YMMV.

We booked a return stay at the Wilderness Lodge, Feb 27th to March 3rd. We love this resort and are very excited to be returning next month. I just hope it is warm enough to spend a lot of time at Geyser Point. We haven't stayed at the WL since they opened the new villas pool. We are looking forward to trying it out. :)

I find the sea marine shampoo to be a little rough on color treated hair. I like the conditioner, though. :)

Hello. I was wondering if there is enough space to put a pack n play in the standard room with courtyard view? We are a family of 5. Will it be tight? Also is there a closet or room for clothes? Thanks in advance.

I was there the end of November and it was there. However, I always bring my own products so I have no opinion. My husband used it and didn't complain, but he's mostly bald.....and a guy. :teeth:

I used it some in Sept, I have very curly color treated hair also. I liked it better then the grapefruit and the old mickey shampoo/conditioner from the past in terms of hydration. I also had my normal shampoo and conditioner with me. It was Sept (dripping in sweat at 8am ) and we swam (have to wash off chlorine or my skin dries) so I showered twice a day and had no frizz problems from the shampoo.... Florida humidity and my hair is another issue. Think the episode of Friends where they are in Barbados. :-) I don't know if I would rely on it exclusively. If anything, I would use it for shampoo and conditioning and still bring my normal conditioner to use every other wash or something. The body wash was great too.

My husband used it and didn't complain, but he's mostly bald.....and a guy. :teeth:
This is my DH, he never brings anything, just uses whatever is in the hotel. :-)

Hello. I was wondering if there is enough space to put a pack n play in the standard room with courtyard view? We are a family of 5. Will it be tight? Also is there a closet or room for clothes? Thanks in advance.
I think you should be okay, but it will be a little tight depending on where you put it. I think it would fit long ways between the outside wall and the far bed? I have only ever used one at CBR so I am not positive on the WL.
There is a closet and lots of drawers. I unpacked DD7 and I into the dresser and still had a drawer for junk/papers. We did run out of hangers in the closet so I just doubled up some stuff, but I wear a lot of tee shirt dresses so that was why we used so many. I also used an empty suitcase in the closet as the hamper for dirty laundry. I have a stand up suitcase that the seam in on the bottom so I can easily keep it open will out everything falling out (until it overflows.....:-)

They did last March, when I most recently stayed there. I liked it a lot.

They did in May when I stayed there. I have very thick, long, wavy hair and it “worked” fine, but I didn’t love the smell. YMMV.

We booked a return stay at the Wilderness Lodge, Feb 27th to March 3rd. We love this resort and are very excited to be returning next month. I just hope it is warm enough to spend a lot of time at Geyser Point. We haven't stayed at the WL since they opened the new villas pool. We are looking forward to trying it out. :)

I find the sea marine shampoo to be a little rough on color treated hair. I like the conditioner, though. :)

I used it some in Sept, I have very curly color treated hair also. I liked it better then the grapefruit and the old mickey shampoo/conditioner from the past in terms of hydration. I also had my normal shampoo and conditioner with me. It was Sept (dripping in sweat at 8am ) and we swam (have to wash off chlorine or my skin dries) so I showered twice a day and had no frizz problems from the shampoo.... Florida humidity and my hair is another issue. Think the episode of Friends where they are in Barbados. :-) I don't know if I would rely on it exclusively. If anything, I would use it for shampoo and conditioning and still bring my normal conditioner to use every other wash or something. The body wash was great too.

This is my DH, he never brings anything, just uses whatever is in the hotel. :-)

Thanks all :) Just to be on the safe side, i'll bring my stuff like normal and that way if i don't like it i'll still have my shampoo and conditioner.

SO thinking of switching to WL this December. Do you know if any standard view rooms have connecting doors? Traveling with family and want connecting rooms. Thanks!

Congratulations! I knew you'd be back at the Lodge before long, and now you don't have to wait long at all!

A Pack and Play fits nicely towards the hallway from the TV, in the space where the connecting door would be. If you have the connecting door and want to use it then it will still work elsewhere, but that is the biggest spot. There is a closet along the hallway just inside the room opposite the bathroom. The dresser space is quite good too, especially compared to a Moderate.

SO thinking of switching to WL this December. Do you know if any standard view rooms have connecting doors? Traveling with family and want connecting rooms. Thanks!
Technically the rooms that are in the Standard view area don't have connecting doors. That does not mean that you can't get connecting rooms with a Standard View reservation, however, since the former "Woods View" rooms are being used for Standard View reservations and many have connecting doors. As always it is only a request, but be sure you both make the request and you will have a good chance of getting it. We have done well getting them in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter