Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to chance it, so I'm going to do granola/protein bars to tide us over and then a late breakfast/early lunch in the parks.
Thanks! That's what I'm thinking! I currently have a 10:15 BOG ADR so that should work well. :)
My other thought was to take the early boat to Contemporary, eat at THIER counter service, Contempo Cafe, and walk to MK from there...but that makes for an early morning!

Do the boats from WL go just to MK or do they also go to the poly, contemporary and GF?

Nevermind... I found the answer! Tried to delete post but I couldn't figure out how :)

Last edited:
Thanks! That's what I'm thinking! I currently have a 10:15 BOG ADR so that should work well. :)
My other thought was to take the early boat to Contemporary, eat at THIER counter service, Contempo Cafe, and walk to MK from there...but that makes for an early morning!
Yeh, I think if you are okay with getting up real early, it's doable. But I feel like it's going to be a struggle with mine. Mostly bc I plan to keep them out late, as well (we will have a 4 hour midday break every day, though).

You can take a boat to the Poly and GF from the MK. :goodvibes :tink:
And to WL and Contemporary, and Fort Wilderness (I believe).

Does the fridge have a freezer section? If not does it get cold enough to freeze a bottle of water?
The refrigerators don't have a freezer compartment. Unfortunately, you won't be able to freeze a bottle of water.
It would be a lot quicker to get something to eat at the WL and then take the bus to MK. As long as this isn't your first morning at the WL you should be able to see how long it takes to get breakfast in the morning. We ate at breakfast at Geyser Point every morning of our trip and I don't remember it taking very long.

It would be a lot quicker to get something to eat at the WL and then take the bus to MK. As long as this isn't your first morning at the WL you should be able to see how long it takes to get breakfast in the morning. We ate at breakfast at Geyser Point every morning of our trip and I don't remember it taking very long.

Thanks! Unfortunately we are just doing the one park day, and it's our first morning there...so we won't have time to test out the timing.
Do you think the bus is a much quicker option than the boat?

Thanks! Unfortunately we are just doing the one park day, and it's our first morning there...so we won't have time to test out the timing.
Do you think the bus is a much quicker option than the boat?
The boat to MK starts 1/2 hour before the park opens. So if you get to the boat dock in time then you can have a nice boat ride to the park. The boat would take about 15 minutes.

The buses start running around 6:30am for early morning ADR's. The bus ride to MK takes about 5 minutes.

The boat to the Contemporary also stops at Fort Wilderness. So the first resort boat might go to FW first, instead of the Contemporary. If it does that then it would take about 20 minutes to get to the CR. If the resort boat is heading first to the CR then the boat ride is about 5 minutes long. Then you have to walk from the boat dock into the building, take an elevator or two escalators up to the 4th floor for Contempo Cafe, eat, then go back down to the ground level to walk to MK. It is probably at least a10 minute walk to MK from CR.

:)

We're staying in a 2BR Villa at Boulder Ridge in June. We've stayed in a studio there in the past, but this our first time in this Villa category. Two questions: First, does the fact that we are staying on points booked for us by a member affect whether we can use touring plans room request service; and Second, for a 2BR Villa we're not even sure what types of requests to make --aside from the general idea of being somewhat close to the elevators and having a pleasant view, we aren't sure what or where to request. Are there more desirable 2BR Villas that have nice views/are higher views better for any reason/are the layouts, generally all the same? I guess there are more than 2 questions there. LOL. Any suggestions?
Regarding the first part: I'm in the same situation, but I went ahead with touring plans and requested a room just in case. No harm in trying. We're getting a studio, though, so can't help with the second part! :)

Do the boats from WL go just to MK or do they also go to the poly, contemporary and GF?

Nevermind... I found the answer! Tried to delete post but I couldn't figure out how :)

Just an FYI, the boat dock to GF and Poky is right next to the WL and CR boat dock at MK. Mom and I took the boat to get to GF for afternoon tea. It was really nice and relaxing.

The boat to MK starts 1/2 hour before the park opens. So if you get to the boat dock in time then you can have a nice boat ride to the park. The boat would take about 15 minutes.

The buses start running around 6:30am for early morning ADR's. The bus ride to MK takes about 5 minutes.

We usually try to get to the MK at least 30-45 minutes before rope drop. Should be plan on taking the bus to the MK then?

That's one of most popular questions and honestly no one really knows. The first stays for the new Copper Creek Villas will be mid July so many believe it will be by then.
We will be there late June/early July... received the email stating it should be closed... and chatted with a cast member that looked up the info again & also echoed the mid July timeframe. I can always hope for a soft/early opening right?

We will be there late June/early July... received the email stating it should be closed... and chatted with a cast member that looked up the info again & also echoed the mid July timeframe. I can always hope for a soft/early opening right?

I know I am, and I'm gonna be there in less than 3 weeks

Yup - pool got filled. It's not done.

That was a leak test. Around May 3, the final finish coat went onto the pool. This was pure WHITE. Most pools get shot with a final "pool light blue" coat..... but the water retention and recirculating hardware get tested first, in the event that something has to get dug up :).

We actually got to SEE the "pool guys" doing the fine finish coat - about May 2 :).

The good news? Final landscaping for the pool area was also going in. The pool will not be the rate limiting step for completion of the expansion.

That's great news, hopefully all will go well and the pool will be finished on time! Can't wait to -hopefully-swim in it this summer!

Thought you handled this with MAJOR class....hats off to you and a toast. Always believed the DIS threads were here to help and not be snarky !:flower1:

thank you! I don't see a point to get upset over anything on here. People are just trying to plan and do the best they can for themselves and their families...all we can do is help :) Getting excited! I did switch my reservation from CBR to WL Courtyard view 10-26 through 11-4. It'll be over my birthday so im looking forward to some Disney magic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter