Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when have they moved the Roaring Fork opening from 6am to the later opening? Is this only because of the construction? I was planning on staying at the lodge in April 2017 and an 8am opening would just not work with our touring style :-(

Our touring style is normally getting to the park before rope drop so this does not work for us either. When I spoke to someone about the opening times I was told that this was due to the construction and the resort being half empty. I think it's a very recent change as there was lots of people looking for breakfast before 8am.

Insects? Never heard anyone say they couldn't use the balcony bc of bugs. More info? That would be sad.
I'm not sure if the bedroom lights attracted them to the glass but there were absolutely loads crawling over the glass. My husband has an allergy to fly bites so we didn't want to run the risk of him being bitten, however we are back in our room early and there are no insects tonight. Has anyone else come across this?

Our touring style is normally getting to the park before rope drop so this does not work for us either. When I spoke to someone about the opening times I was told that this was due to the construction and the resort being half empty. I think it's a very recent change as there was lots of people looking for breakfast before 8am.
*sigh* Sounds to me like another example of Disney looking at how to save themselves a buck instead of caring about the experience of the guests who are still paying the same amount for their vacation. I didn't take advantage of the SW ticket offer because I do see this happening more and more--pay more, get less, often with no notice and certainly with no apology or compensation/consideration. *sigh again* :(

*sigh* Sounds to me like another example of Disney looking at how to save themselves a buck instead of caring about the experience of the guests who are still paying the same amount for their vacation. I didn't take advantage of the SW ticket offer because I do see this happening more and more--pay more, get less, often with no notice and certainly with no apology or compensation/consideration. *sigh again* :(
Trying to stay positive but you are right. Certainly not the end of the world but on my first day there, the plan was to take advantage of EMH at MK but guess what? A week ago, they changed it from 8am to 7am. Is it easy to get young kids ready to head to Mk by 6:30am? And now it appears there's no place to eat at WL that early so essentially the EMH is worthless. Even staying club level, planned on breakfast every day in OFC but can't grab food at OFC until 7:00. So we eat at 7, catch the boat at 7:30 and enter the park with the public about 8:00. All so they can get people in early, kick them out at 7pm and get more revenue for the evening Christmas Party. Ok rant is done. Will store breakfast food in room like squirrels and have a wonderful time anyway.

Will store breakfast food in room like squirrels and have a wonderful time anyway.
Heehee :) Yes I'm going to be positive and enjoy our first stay at WL (finally! Yay!), but after many trips, these things get noticeable. Fingers crossed you still get to maximize your park time and have a blast!

Hi all

I was wondering if someone may be able to help me. In the past I've only stayed at poly.

We plan to go either in May, June or July and want to try the WL this time. Do you happen to know what will still be closed/how construction will be at that time?

We don't have any kids so we won't need a lot of the kid attractions, but we are late sleepers and am also curious if the noise from the construction is loud.

Also, we would stay in a regular room, not dvc, not courtyard view. Do you know what floors the regular rooms are on? I don't take elevators so am wondering if the walk will be very high.

Thanks much for your help

Just added 2 more people to our February trip. It was already 3 of us plus my parents so we could be down with oldest DS and his high school band trip. But now we booked for my in-laws too as a one month early 45th anniversary present. They're so excited as they haven't been since 2007 when we all pulled our campers to FW. Needless to say they are SO excited - well mad that we spent that much money on them but excited none the less LOL. I am so excited as the in-laws and my parents have never stayed at WL. Can't wait to introduce them to our FAVORITE place to stay. it's gonna rock!!

We plan to go either in May, June or July and want to try the WL this time. Do you happen to know what will still be closed/how construction will be at that time?
Disney hasn't posted any completion dates yet. So all we can do is guess.

Also, we would stay in a regular room, not dvc, not courtyard view. Do you know what floors the regular rooms are on? I don't take elevators so am wondering if the walk will be very high.
The club level rooms are on the seventh floor. The regular rooms are on floors one to six. There are some deluxe rooms at the ends of the wings. The stairs aren't too bad since the lobby is on the second floor and the stairway by the front door takes you to the fourth floor. To get to the first through third floor rooms you would walk down the ramp to the ground level rooms.

is the construction noisy enough that it would wake you early if you're staying in a standard room?

is the construction noisy enough that it would wake you early if you're staying in a standard room?

I can only relate our experience.... two trips now, since construction started at the WL. Our third comes up in 5 days.

The work crews have been AMAZING - they have never raised a ruckus before 9:00 AM, or after 4:30 PM. Even during "ruckus" periods.... any noise has been minor.

We're headed back this November.... believe it or not, wife and I are hoping for "Construction View" at Bolder Ridge :).

I can only relate our experience.... two trips now, since construction started at the WL. Our third comes up in 5 days.

The work crews have been AMAZING - they have never raised a ruckus before 9:00 AM, or after 4:30 PM. Even during "ruckus" periods.... any noise has been minor.

We're headed back this November.... believe it or not, wife and I are hoping for "Construction View" at Bolder Ridge :).
I won't lie....I haven't read all 239 pages!! So apologies if these have been asked and answered (which they probably have). Are the Sea Raycers still available to rent from WL? Do they do the Wonders of the Lodge tour on Thanksgiving Day? Is the Territory Lounge open to anyone (I.e. not concierge only) and would teens be frowned upon dining there with parents? And finally, does anyone know if they serve any food at Trout Pass bar? TIA! Can't wait for our first stay!!!

We will be there in five days as well. So am checking out all of the information on this thread. We're only staying at WL one night and not even sure we'll be going to the parks. Will probably hang around WL and check it out, maybe go over to FW to do the chip and dale sing along.

I won't lie....I haven't read all 239 pages!! So apologies if these have been asked and answered (which they probably have). Are the Sea Raycers still available to rent from WL? Do they do the Wonders of the Lodge tour on Thanksgiving Day? Is the Territory Lounge open to anyone (I.e. not concierge only) and would teens be frowned upon dining there with parents? And finally, does anyone know if they serve any food at Trout Pass bar? TIA! Can't wait for our first stay!!!
The marina is closed and the sea racers have been moved to Fort Wilderness.You'll be able to rent them there or CR.

The Territory Lounge is open to everyone. We have seen children eating there, including our own grandchildren. It is a very relaxed atmosphere. Your teens will be able to eat there.

They don't serve food at the Trout Pass Bar. But Roaring Forks is conveniently located in the lodge just inside the door to the pool.

I've stayed 3 times over the last year and all in standard rooms. I've never heard the construction noise. Even when I was in the wing closest to the work. Nothing.

They don't serve food at the Trout Pass Bar. But Roaring Forks is conveniently located in the lodge just inside the door to the pool.

When we were there two weeks ago, I ordered food at the Trout Pass Bar and it was brought out to us on a cart. So there's no need to have to go inside. :thumbsup2

By the time I decided to change to WL it was no longer available with the passholder discount.

We ended up changing to POR and adding the dining package instead. We haven't done the dining package since forever and I'm looking forward to not limiting my choice of entree and whether or not I get dessert. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It wasn't meant to be this time, but there's always next year:)

Finally arrived at WL after a few nights at one of the Universal Hotels. Lodge looks great even with the construction.
We have a north woods view room with a great view of the castle. Will post pictures shortly. Watched the fireworks last night from our room. We were going to go out onto the balcony but then noticed all the insects crawling over the windows. As someone else mentioned earlier Roaring Fork does not open until 8am, however Territory Lounge is open for coffee and Pastries from 7am.

Thank you for posting your photos and about the TL breakfast hours.

Booked our stay for early May! We always stay in the cabins at FW but this time we wanted to try out the WL! Does anyone have a screenshot of the online check in?

Disclaimer: This may have changed recently?

From POST 3:

e0a8b207-6c93-4ca3-9c87-246825d046bb.png

Where can you eat at WL if EMH is 7:00 and you want to be there asap? Doesn't ofc and roaring fork open at 7? Transportation should start at 6:30 so where can you eat at 6am? It would be a waste of time to hurry to mk for em hand have to eat there.

@Dumbo Mad reported that Territory Lounge is now open for continental style breakfast at 0700. Whispering Canyon starts serving at 0730. Also, you can take the Blue Flag boat over to CR and Contempo Cafe opens at 0600, however, the Blue Flag boat starts operating at 0645. You can then walk right to the MK.

I just wanted to stop by and say hi. Our daughter is getting married on the Disney Dream, but before that we'll be spending a week at WL from March 20th to the 27th. Then a week on the big boat, back to dry land for KSC and Universal for four days.

We are DLR vets, living in California, but we've never been to WDW. It's gonna be great!

Congratulations, @JohnTodd! How exciting! Have you stayed at the Grand Californian before?

Please add us to the list - WLCL July 24th - Aug 3rd. Can't wait to go back!!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

YIPPEE! I'll get those dates logged:)

Just added 2 more people to our February trip. It was already 3 of us plus my parents so we could be down with oldest DS and his high school band trip. But now we booked for my in-laws too as a one month early 45th anniversary present. They're so excited as they haven't been since 2007 when we all pulled our campers to FW. Needless to say they are SO excited - well mad that we spent that much money on them but excited none the less LOL. I am so excited as the in-laws and my parents have never stayed at WL. Can't wait to introduce them to our FAVORITE place to stay. it's gonna rock!!

How fun! What a special trip everyone is going to have. Happy planning!

I just posted this 10/26-29 video to the WL DVC Conversion thread which has some construction audio:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter