• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have rented points from the Timeshare store three times. They pretty much always have 7 month points for $12 per point. They are great to work with, just send them your dates, they check availability, and if available, the owner books it, and they put together a 1 page contract. Works great.

I would add that I did mine as a direct to owner points purchase. There are a couple sites we looked at and they are informative if you buy through them or do it on your own.

Thanks all -- I rented points through a 3rd party, and it was very smooth and easy! And, definitely a $$ savings as well.

Now I just have to patiently wait for our trip to come around!!

I was hoping I wouldn't need to ask this question, but my toddler is extremely stubborn, and I don't want to have a good fight on vacation. We'll be there in 2 weeks and will now need a microwave to cook her dinner. I didn't see one in the pictures of the rooms, but I think I saw one by the drink fill station in Roaring Forks, can anyone confirm there's one? Only 2 of our dinner reservations serve Mac n cheese, so I'm going to have to feed her before or after.

I was hoping I wouldn't need to ask this question, but my toddler is extremely stubborn, and I don't want to have a good fight on vacation. We'll be there in 2 weeks and will now need a microwave to cook her dinner. I didn't see one in the pictures of the rooms, but I think I saw one by the drink fill station in Roaring Forks, can anyone confirm there's one? Only 2 of our dinner reservations serve Mac n cheese, so I'm going to have to feed her before or after.

I'm 99.9% sure there is a microwave in Roaring Forks; :headache: just returned a week ago and trying to visualize the area. It's to the left in the seating area. I don't think I have a picture of that area but will check. :tink:

Yes there is a microwave in Roaring Forks. There is a picture of it on the first page of this thread. Here it is again below.

So we are on our way home from a wonderful vacation. The Lodge and all it's Christmas beauty was great! I never noticed a hint of construction. If I wasn't on these boards, I wouldn't have even known there was any going on. Pool was great, boats were fast, rooms clean, and we had peaceful nights sleep.
CL was very enjoyable once again. CM's were always friendly, chatty and accommodating. For the main dishes It rotated between chicken nuggets (which were very good) and vegetable simoas? They also had pulled pork & chili one night and rotated with seafood dishes (seafood bake and seafood pasta). Desserts/breakfast were the same each day.
We had beautiful weather the past two weeks, definitely the most we swam down there in years!
To those of you going this month, enjoy!!! It was sad seeing the tree for the last time this morning. Will be planning our next November trip sometime in February (if I could wait that long!!!!!) It was fun chatting and planning with all of you!

I'm 99.9% sure there is a microwave in Roaring Forks; :headache: just returned a week ago and trying to visualize the area. It's to the left in the seating area. I don't think I have a picture of that area but will check. :tink:

Thanks! I was hoping she would start eating other foods, but she's stubborn. We never had this problem with our oldest.

Yes there is a microwave in Roaring Forks. There is a picture of it on the first page of this thread. Here it is again below.

This is the picture I saw, just wanted confirmation it was a microwave and not a little toaster oven or something else!

We had beautiful weather the past two weeks, definitely the most we swam down there in years!
To those of you going this month, enjoy!!! It was sad seeing the tree for the last time this morning. Will be planning our next November trip sometime in February (if I could wait that long!!!!!) It was fun chatting and planning with all of you!
Thanks for letting us know how how nice your trip was. :) We will be at WL next month, our first time at club level, and can't wait. I hope the good weather holds out. We have had some very cold January trips.

My thoughts on Wilderness Lodge have completely changed! I always liked it but now I think I love it! These pictures and information are fabulous. I can't wait to visit Wilderness Lodge!!
~Darcie
#dvcrentals

Thanks for letting us know how how nice your trip was. :) We will be at WL next month, our first time at club level, and can't wait. I hope the good weather holds out. We have had some very cold January trips.

No problem! You'll be hooked after this trip! CL is so convenient, really makes it easy for families, especially on park days!! It's nice to have, especially if you want a quick snack or something to drink. I know it sounds silly but other than someone yelling "WE WANT KETCHUP" every so often, it really is a peaceful and relaxing hotel! Hope you have a great time!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I was hoping she would start eating other foods, but she's stubborn. We never had this problem with our oldest.

:rotfl2: I know the feeling. DGD's favorite is Mac'n'cheese too...all those good listings on the children's menus and its MnC EVERY time!...but she cleans her plate so can't complain! (At least for breakfast she'll eat Mickey waffles...she won't touch "Mimi's waffles" but loves the ones that "Mickey makes"! :lovestruc ) :tink:

-- Disney cast members are currently closely monitoring entrance to the Silver Creek Pool at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, scanning MagicBands and distributing separate wristbands before admitting guests. Capacity has become an issue for the Silver Creek Pool due to the closure of the resort's quiet pool. Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club regularly requires resort identification before individuals are admitted. During peak periods, Disney employees have been known to circulate among pool patrons at other resorts, requesting identification and scanning MagicBands in order to confirm that guests are eligible to use the facilities. Disney Vacation Club members are still permitted to pool-hop to the Silver Creek Pool during times when pool-hopping is permitted. Disney's Wilderness Lodge is in the early stages of a multi-year renovation project that will bring additional Disney Vacation Club villas and expanded swimming facilities. The project is expected to run at least into 2017.

~AllEars Newsletter 12/8/15

Well, DH and I leave for our WL CL week tomorrow morning. We stay at a hotel the day before check in so we can be rested and get in a full day. We leave the 19th. It will be our third year in a row at WL CL. I guess you can say we love it there.
But this time, I'm not sure if we'll be staying the whole week.
My father,who is 94, fell 11/3 when his blood sugar dropped and he broke his left hip. He is all healed,physically, but is still in rehab- 6 weeks now. I received a phone call yesterday that he's not eating,just waving the food away. It's been two days, so they are going to give him some sort of medication to enhance his appetite. But if continues to refuse to eat......
We 're stopping at the facility on the way to Orlando in the morning. We're four hours from Dad who is in Fort Lauderdale. Hopefully,once we see him and talk with him, I'll have a better grasp on the situation. When I saw him last Thursday,he was eating and he walked 29 feet,the farthest he's gone yet. The PT asked if I could come everyday,but I live too far away. Sometimes we stay over in a hotel to see him two days, but we can't do that a lot. It takes a whole year to save for Disney- I didn't save for this.......trying not to feel guilty for not seeing him more,but I do make the drive about every 4 days - 4 hours there and then back.
Just hoping he wasn't feeling well for a time and this isn't the start of something else.
Thanks so much for allowing me to vent!!!!!!

Just hoping he wasn't feeling well for a time and this isn't the start of something else.

I'm sorry your Dad isn't feeling well! I am sure he will be so happy to see you for a visit on your way. Hopefully he is just feeling a little under the weather. Do they have the capability there to have you FaceTime or video chat with him? I think it is wonderful you can see him that often from so far away!

Returned from our WL visit on Monday.
Not much work going on for most of our stay but this was our view. Pretty irritated that I paid rack rates for this but not really anything to be done. I did call and request a room on the other side but apparently so did everyone else.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 60
I'm sorry your Dad isn't feeling well! I am sure he will be so happy to see you for a visit on your way. Hopefully he is just feeling a little under the weather. Do they have the capability there to have you FaceTime or video chat with him? I think it is wonderful you can see him that often from so far away!
No, they don't do FaceTime/ Skype.
The most I can do is call and hope that he's in the room AND it's within reach. I've been finding his phone not even close to him and his beloved Time/Life magazines in a drawer across the room. I actually had to put a note in the drawer telling whoever to stop putting his magazines in there.
Sheesh. I'm packing as if we'll be at WL for a week, but it all depends on what we see tomorrow morning.

I hope your Dad perks up and starts to eat again. It would be tough to have to worry about him while you are on vacation.

Not much work going on for most of our stay but this was our view.
Thanks for posting the picture. It that where the Hidden Springs pool used to be, or is it just a cleared out area? We'll be there in a month and I can't wait to see what it looks like. Hopefully, we don't get a view like you had. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter