Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at WL week of 6/22 for four days. I am interested in knowing more about movies outdoors for kids at WL. When is a schedule published? In June, what time do you think they'll show a movie? Are they every night in summer? Too crowded, or not too bad? I would think my kids would like to do this at least one evening and I'm hoping I don't have ADR preventing this each night. So far I have ADR on just two nights.
Last June the movie on the beach was at 9pm. The schedule usually comes out on the first of the month. I've never seen a crowd at one of these things. They used to be every night of the week until this past January and February, when they changed the schedule to show them on certain days only, but that might have been because of the cold nights in the winter months.

We will be at WL May 3-9th. So excited to take our kids to Disney for their first time!!! (DS 6, DD 4, DD2) :yay:

Friday cannot come soon enough. My motivation level here at work is at a 0. So looking forward to WL CL this weekend. If anyone has any requests, please let me know and I'll try my best to get photos or any information while I'm there.

We are at WL week of 6/22 for four days. I am interested in knowing more about movies outdoors for kids at WL. When is a schedule published?

The movies change monthly. The schedule is posted around the 2nd or 3rd of the month.

In June, what time do you think they'll show a movie?

Probably around 8 or 8:30. I would check here around the 2nd or 3rd.

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/movies-under-stars.shtml

Are they every night in summer?

Yup.

Too crowded, or not too bad?

Not too bad.

Friday cannot come soon enough. My motivation level here at work is at a 0. So looking forward to WL CL this weekend. If anyone has any requests, please let me know and I'll try my best to get photos or any information while I'm there.

Tell them we'll be there in June, (our first CL stay ever!) and we are looking forward to a restful vacation at the Lodge! ;)

I am wondering if there are any changes to how they handle the evening CL offerings, the adult beverages - is it serve yourself? Or do they monitor?

We leave in a week! I believe we have courtyard view, bunk bed room booked. I'd love to be overlooking the lobby as well....is that a possible request? How do I word it?

I haven't done online check in. I tried but it says I don't have a stay eligible for it. Weird. We just booked it last week, and my stay, tickets, reservations, all show up in MDE.

There are a few courtyard v
We leave in a week! I believe we have courtyard view, bunk bed room booked. I'd love to be overlooking the lobby as well....is that a possible request? How do I word it?
There are a few CV rooms that overlook the lobby - 14 of them I think. But I don't know how many of them have bunk beds. If you want to try and request one then you would have to call resort reservations and have them add it.

I wouldn't call right now, though because the system is all tied up with people trying to get ADR's for Be Our Guest lunches.

Does anyone happen to know if the refill station includes unsweet iced tea?

thank you!

Does anyone know which rooms actually have a view out towards the Contemporary resort? We are staying in a Woods view room, I just have a really bad time with maps and can't figure out which side would be the right rooms (I know I know, thank god for Garmin or I'd be lost!)

Does anyone know which rooms actually have a view out towards the Contemporary resort? We are staying in a Woods view room, I just have a really bad time with maps and can't figure out which side would be the right rooms (I know I know, thank god for Garmin or I'd be lost!)

The rooms on the North side of the North wing (the top of the room location map) face generally toward the Contemporary. There are trees that vary and block the view differently depending on where the rooms are, but that is the general direction.

Gracias!

I hope they are every night. We arrive on a Monday 6/22 with no plans but to swim, but I have an ADR on a Tuesday and Wed. night, then Thursday we check out. I hope my kids will be able to catch a movie outdoors I think they'd love it.

Gracias!

I hope they are every night. We arrive on a Monday 6/22 with no plans but to swim, but I have an ADR on a Tuesday and Wed. night, then Thursday we check out. I hope my kids will be able to catch a movie outdoors I think they'd love it.

You might want to consider taking a boat or a hike over to the campgrounds, too. There's lots of activities over there.

I am wondering if there are any changes to how they handle the evening CL offerings, the adult beverages - is it serve yourself? Or do they monitor?

We were just there a couple weeks ago and it was still self-serve. A CM told me they have no plans to change that, but you never know. We like that they still do that, unlike the very small amounts they pour at the YC CL. We're not heavy drinkers, but we do like more than a teeny, tiny glass of wine or a thimble full of Grand Marnier.

We were just there a couple weeks ago and it was still self-serve. A CM told me they have no plans to change that, but you never know. We like that they still do that, unlike the very small amounts they pour at the YC CL. We're not heavy drinkers, but we do like more than a teeny, tiny glass of wine or a thimble full of Grand Marnier.

ah, Thank you! CL is going to be a surprise for DH! And Gran Marnier is a 'splurge' for us. I didn't want to seem like a lush asking for a 2oz pour! (and honestly if you drink too much, you regret it! Just a wee dram or two as a nightcap! )

:cake::D:cloud9:I'm stalking the cake thread too for ideas for an joint birthday and anniversary cake! So many neat ideas there and wonderful photos and descriptions of the cakes shared by othe Disers and all the info about the chefs and options they can do is helpful too.
image.jpg image.jpg

I ordered both cakes from the Disney cake line. The 1st was for our celebratory dinner at Crystal Palace, following my DD's BF proposing to her. The 2nd was at my DD's birthday dinner at Be Our Guest. I double checked at the podiums when we checked in that the cakes were there. The only downside is that the restaurants do not box leftovers, ( not that we would want to carry around leftover cake), so don't order more than you are comfortable leaving behind! There were only 5 of us, but I wanted writing on the birthday cake, so I had to go up a size from the Congratulations cake. We never did get to try the gray stuff!

For $190/night, should I book the WL? That's a good deal, right? I've never stayed here, but it sounds similar to my favorite resort (AKL) and I think my kids and husband would like it. I'm dragging my heels on this one, because I was kind of hoping to visit this resort on a Nov/Dec trip (which I know will be more expensive).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter