Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know.... we are staying inside the hotel, and not the villas. If I bring my own Poptarts for my daughter or English Muffins for myself, is there a toaster in the roaring fork we can use? If the toaster is located outside of registers, then I don't think it will be an issue. I'm hoping that maby there located near the sitting area, or condiments section. But, I know I cant bring my own food to the area where you pick/purchase the food.
The toasters are located in the dining room. They also have butter, jelly and peanut butter that you can put on your toast. It is next to the condiments. :)

Hello everyone! We will be staying at WL from 10/29 to 11/2! I've never stayed on site, this is my son's 1st trip (he'll be almost 2 1/2), AND we'll be celebrating our 11th anniversary on 10/31, so this is SUPER exciting! I was going back and forth between WL and Contemporary, but the pictures and atmosphere of WL really sold me. I think we'll enjoy a little quieter resort after the excitement of the parks.

I do have a question. Our son has had trouble sleeping away from home, so I would like to request a room that is pretty quiet, and less likely to bother other people. Any suggestions for locations (I booked Woods View already)? And when should I make this request? Now or just wait until the date gets closer? Thanks!

Hello everyone! We will be staying at WL from 10/29 to 11/2! I've never stayed on site, this is my son's 1st trip (he'll be almost 2 1/2), AND we'll be celebrating our 11th anniversary on 10/31, so this is SUPER exciting! I was going back and forth between WL and Contemporary, but the pictures and atmosphere of WL really sold me. I think we'll enjoy a little quieter resort after the excitement of the parks.

I do have a question. Our son has had trouble sleeping away from home, so I would like to request a room that is pretty quiet, and less likely to bother other people. Any suggestions for locations (I booked Woods View already)? And when should I make this request? Now or just wait until the date gets closer? Thanks!

You can make your room requests anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior to your arrival. I would request "quiet location". The room assigners know their resorts very well and will know what areas will work for that.

Hey!
We will be staying at WL 8/22 - 8/31, Woods View w/ Bunk Beds

I was reading the earlier posts about the rooms, is there anything specific I can put in my room request that will help me get on the Otter Pond side on a higher floor?
Or are the bunk beds in that area?

I do have a question. Our son has had trouble sleeping away from home, so I would like to request a room that is pretty quiet, and less likely to bother other people. Any suggestions for locations (I booked Woods View already)?
The quietest woods view rooms we had were located in the south wing overlooking the villas.

Hey!

I was reading the earlier posts about the rooms, is there anything specific I can put in my room request that will help me get on the Otter Pond side on a higher floor?
Or are the bunk beds in that area?
You would ask for the north wing, high floor. There are bunkbeds in that sections. :)

You would ask for the north wing, high floor. There are bunkbeds in that sections. :)

Awesome thanks!

My main worry is getting a room above the lobby, there seems to be quite a few Woods views there, and we like it a little quieter, so the North side next to Otter Pond looks perfect for us.

Thanks again!

I have a courtyard view with bunks booked 6/22. I'm very excited! It seems like many that have posted here have woods views. I'd like to overlook the pool area and maybe lake. Is courtyard view likely to view these? I'm hoping for either a first floor, (only if it has sliding doors to see out the back patio) or a higher floor with open balcony. Any good suggestions on floor levels to request?

Does anyone know.... we are staying inside the hotel, and not the villas. If I bring my own Poptarts for my daughter or English Muffins for myself, is there a toaster in the roaring fork we can use? If the toaster is located outside of registers, then I don't think it will be an issue. I'm hoping that maby there located near the sitting area, or condiments section. But, I know I cant bring my own food to the area where you pick/purchase the food.

Yes there is a toaster in the seating area of Roaring Fork. Atleast there was one when I was there last year in May. hehe. We used it to toast our bagels we bought at Roaring Fork itself. You should be perfectly ok just to slide on in the right side (seating area) and use the toaster.

Wow, it only took a couple of hours, but I finally made it to the end of this thread! KOOK thanks so much for all your hard work! We are DVC members and VWL is our home resort. We've stayed several times, but it's been several years since our last lodge stay. I can find something to love at any disney resort, I'd be happy sleeping in a closet as long as I'm at WDW, but the lodge is extra special! We'll be at the lodge April 5-12th. Can't get here soon enough!

I keep thinking of last minute things! Do the Villa kitchens have any food basics in them at all? Salt, pepper, Pam? Trying to figure out a shopping list!

My main worry is getting a room above the lobby, there seems to be quite a few Woods views there, and we like it a little quieter, so the North side next to Otter Pond looks perfect for us.

Thanks again!
I'd just request a room that doesn't open to the lobby if that's what you want. While there are some woods view rooms that do open to the lobby, there are more that don't in the North Wing so it shouldn't be a tough request to meet. Besides, other people like us might be requesting those lobby rooms. ;)

I have a courtyard view with bunks booked 6/22. I'm very excited! It seems like many that have posted here have woods views. I'd like to overlook the pool area and maybe lake. Is courtyard view likely to view these? I'm hoping for either a first floor, (only if it has sliding doors to see out the back patio) or a higher floor with open balcony. Any good suggestions on floor levels to request?
I'd add "Inner Courtyard" to your room requests so that you have a room that faces the main pool, since otherwise you could have a room on the South side of the South wing which overlooks the villas pool which is quieter but doesn't have as good a view of the lake. That main pool courtyard is beautiful, and you'll be able to look towards the lake too. Our preference is for higher floors for better views, but you can't go wrong. Enjoy!

I keep thinking of last minute things! Do the Villa kitchens have any food basics in them at all? Salt, pepper, Pam? Trying to figure out a shopping list!
Unfortunately, the Disney villas are really cleared out of any kind of food item. All that you will have when you check in will be packets of coffee and the packet with sugars and creamers. You can pick up little salt and pepper packets from Roaring Forks, but you'll have to buy your own Pam. Roaring Forks will also have packets of ketchup, butter, jelly, etc, which may help a little.

Here is more information about the VWL from the first page of this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/ne...nformation-thread-2015.3372315/#post-52944369

You can ask for a bunk bed room we did on our first stay, they are twin size, but be careful who is traveling with you..DS 5 loved it but my DS was 15 at the time his arms touched the floor and his feet hung over the edge when he slept! He was a trooper though and never complained about it.He said he'd rather sleep like a giant then sleep next to his brother
Just so no one is confused: At one time, all bunk rooms were by-request only, but now they are bookable, with the exception of the Standard View rooms. That is the only category that you can't book a bunk, but you can request them.

Joining in---we are heading down for our longest trip ever 8/27-9/6 !!!!! We haven't stayed at WL for 4 years, we usually go to AKL but I really wanted to get back to the WL. Anxious to see the updated pool area. :banana::banana::banana:
Welcome to the thread! You're going to love all the transportation options at WL…I'll log your dates in POST 1.

Are there any club level rooms with king beds that are not handicapped accessible? Looking to make room requests, and don't want to make a request for a room that doesn't exist!
I'm not sure, I only know there are very few non-HA Kings throughout the entire resort. The IPO might be able to answer your question or could find out for you, just email them. Even if there aren't any, it won't hurt if you request one. But, if you want a guaranteed CL King, you would have to book a Honeymoon Suite - all 4 have king beds.

Another quick one. Do the deluxe rooms have connecting doors to the regular rooms next door?
All 25 Deluxe rooms have a connecting door with the option of two queens or one king connecting.

This may seem a silly question, but can you buy just a small single milk from anywhere on property at WL? And how much do the pints or bottles for that run? And coffee to go? Do the rooms have a small table to sit at? I'm asking because the kids may not always want to go do breakfast and I may just grab something and bring it back to the room. We've done this before on vacations where we just brought some pop tarts or those sealed mini cereal bowls and then go get a milk. I have one morning booked at the Whispering Canyon but that's it. Going in June!
Both RF and the Mercantile have single serve milk, Soy Dream and Silk. A carton (half pint) of low fat Mickey Milk, Borden skim or vit. D milk is $1.69.

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

I am so excited to announce I'm joining the group!! We will be spending May 26-June 1st at the WL! I had originally booked POR but with the spring discount we were able to upgrade!! We had stayed at the CR 3 years ago which was supposed to be our "once in a lifetime trip" but I got hooked on Disney and so we are going back!
Congratulations and welcome to the thread. I think we can all appreciate your "getting hooked" comment. I'll put your dates in the Lodgers' Log.

We were in a deluxe room on the 5th floor and it did not have a connecting door to the room next store. Presume this to be standard.
Are you certain? 5123 has one and I was told that all Deluxe rooms have a connecting option. Maybe some don't actually have the door and are only adjoining? Our door was next to the table and chairs in the living room.

We ended up switching resorts as availability and a better deal opened up at YC. WL is on our must-try list though, hopefully next trip!
Yay for the better deal and enjoy SAB!

Yesterday I posted about how I was unable to make a switch to WL. But today I come bearing with good news! Looks like more rooms opened up for the spring discount and I was able to book our 2 week trip at WL! The family and I are so excited to go back and stay at WL!
Two weeks sounds fabulous - congratulations!

Hi everyone!! Finally, after a long 9 years of hopping around at resorts, I'm going to be back at my beloved Wilderness Lodge, April 25-May 1 for my 30th birthday! (I self-imposed a rule, no repeat until I'd hit them all). Technically I haven't stayed at all of them yet, but the only deluxe I have left is Yacht Club, and that's booked for September. So I decided to splurge on Wilderness Lodge Club Level for my bday! Glad to find the new thread and reading over everyone's comments! A few things have changed at WL in the past nine years, so any tips are great! What's going on in the rooms that I just saw some pics of? Where are those rooms located? Have a great day everyone!! :)

Courtney
What a great way to celebrate your birthday with a stay at the OFC.

No one really knows what's going on with those ground floor rooms that face VWL that they were gutting. My only guess is that it's possible that they're creating a mock-up "test room" that may someday become a (rumored) villa that might someday replace some/all the Deluxe rooms. They usually create a "model room" before a big rehab and if they were gutting two rooms, that would be the equivalent size of a one bedroom villa (Deluxe room replacement). Again, just tossing out ideas here - no basis in fact, but it's fun to speculate.

IMG_1450.jpg

I think you picked a great resort for your first onsite stay and you DS's first visit. Make sure all your celebrations are noted in your reservation and I'll log your dates.

Hey!
Yippee! I'll add your dates to the Lodgers' Log:)

If you want a view of the pool and/or Bay Lake, you will have to book a Courtyard View room and request an INNER or WL CYV. The 5th floor is the highest floor with all open balconies and the ground floor rooms do have a sliding glass door and patio.

We made the switch! We'll be at Wilderness Lodge-Woods View on May 20th-May 25th. I'm so excited!
Congratulations on switching and I'll add your dates to POST 1.

Wow, it only took a couple of hours, but I finally made it to the end of this thread! KOOK thanks so much for all your hard work! We are DVC members and VWL is our home resort. We've stayed several times, but it's been several years since our last lodge stay. I can find something to love at any disney resort, I'd be happy sleeping in a closet as long as I'm at WDW, but the lodge is extra special! We'll be at the lodge April 5-12th. Can't get here soon enough!
You should win a prize for making it all the way through the entire thread:). Are you staying at WL or VWL? I'll log your dates - it's almost time!

I don't believe there are any of those items in the villa - only coffee and creamer packets. However, you could pick up salt and pepper packets at RF.

ETA: Apologies to Sue and Paul, I didn't see your posts before my replies:blush:. Thank you for your helpful responses.

Last edited:
I'd just request a room that doesn't open to the lobby if that's what you want. While there are some woods view rooms that do open to the lobby, there are more that don't in the North Wing so it shouldn't be a tough request to meet. Besides, other people like us might be requesting those lobby rooms. ;)

I'd add "Inner Courtyard" to your room requests so that you have a room that faces the main pool, since otherwise you could have a room on the South side of the South wing which overlooks the villas pool which is quieter but doesn't have as good a view of the lake. That main pool courtyard is beautiful, and you'll be able to look towards the lake too. Our preference is for higher floors for better views, but you can't go wrong. Enjoy!

Great! I think inner courtyard is what we are going to ask for!

WDWKOOK

Thanks so much for the photos! I was hoping they had something like this there!

Can someone try to help me out with figuring out how "loud" Whispering Canyon is if you are staying in the lobby area? Last trip I stayed in the CR tower right over Chef Mickeys and wasn't bothered by the noise (although I hear that complaint a lot that it's soooo loud) Is it comparable?

Can someone try to help me out with figuring out how "loud" Whispering Canyon is if you are staying in the lobby area? Last trip I stayed in the CR tower right over Chef Mickeys and wasn't bothered by the noise (although I hear that complaint a lot that it's soooo loud) Is it comparable?

We stayed on the 6th floor in rooms that open to the lobby across from WCC twice and could hear some noise from it with our door closed at peak dinner time. By the time we went to bed there was no noise, and even in the middle of the day it was fairly quiet. I haven't stayed at the CR, but from walking around there I would expect that the CR is louder. What we loved about these rooms is the beautiful view while walking to and from the room. We couldn't help but take pictures almost every time.

KOOK we will be in the villas. Never actually stayed in the lodge since we are DVC.

Our room was on the 4th floor, right above the Whispering Canyon Cafe sign. We could hear noise during the dinner hour, but all was quiet by 10 or 10:30pm. We never heard any noise from WCC in the morning. It really didn't bother us at all. And it was very nice to be right off the lobby like that. We were right by the stairs near the front door, which was very convenient. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter