• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello can anyone help me with regards to coffee???
We are staying in a one bedroom villa at WL and I understand there is a coffee machine- I'm looking on garden grocer & you can buy basket filters - will I need these ? Also what sort of coffee should I get for it? I'm from uk and am not used to your products - but need a good cup of coffee in the morning ( or two!)
Many thanks
we stayed in a 1 bedroom and they supplied the jofferys coffee packets every morning, we always just went down to roaring forks so we never used the coffee marker,I would guess they left filters too. The mercantile prices aren't too awful if you only need a few items. We didn't cook in the kitchen but having the fridge etc was great

Joining in---we are heading down for our longest trip ever 8/27-9/6 !!!!! We haven't stayed at WL for 4 years, we usually go to AKL but I really wanted to get back to the WL. Anxious to see the updated pool area. :banana::banana::banana:

Are there any club level rooms with king beds that are not handicapped accessible? Looking to make room requests, and don't want to make a request for a room that doesn't exist!

Another quick one. Do the deluxe rooms have connecting doors to the regular rooms next door?

I feel like I've asked this before, but cannot remember the answer. Old age? Maybe. :laughing:

Getting to MK for an 8:05 ADR at CP on a 9:00 opening day for MK. How best to get there? I usually drive to all parks, but that's pretty pointless to MK when staying at WL, but I don't think the boat runs that early, right? How about the bus, will it be running?

This may seem a silly question, but can you buy just a small single milk from anywhere on property at WL? And how much do the pints or bottles for that run? And coffee to go? Do the rooms have a small table to sit at? I'm asking because the kids may not always want to go do breakfast and I may just grab something and bring it back to the room. We've done this before on vacations where we just brought some pop tarts or those sealed mini cereal bowls and then go get a milk. I have one morning booked at the Whispering Canyon but that's it. Going in June!

I am so excited to announce I'm joining the group!! We will be spending May 26-June 1st at the WL! I had originally booked POR but with the spring discount we were able to upgrade!! We had stayed at the CR 3 years ago which was supposed to be our "once in a lifetime trip" but I got hooked on Disney and so we are going back!

So I'm a little sad. Currently we have CBR booked from 5/17 - 5/31 and we decided to upgrade to Wilderness Lodge. But when we called to make the change they said that everything is book! EVERYTHING! Thats crazy! We're hoping something opens up in the next few weeks. :(

This may seem a silly question, but can you buy just a small single milk from anywhere on property at WL? And how much do the pints or bottles for that run? And coffee to go? Do the rooms have a small table to sit at? I'm asking because the kids may not always want to go do breakfast and I may just grab something and bring it back to the room. We've done this before on vacations where we just brought some pop tarts or those sealed mini cereal bowls and then go get a milk. I have one morning booked at the Whispering Canyon but that's it. Going in June!

Yes they serve single serve milk at roaring forks. (QS). They also serve pints of Milk and single serve at the mercantile store in the lobby. Cannot remember the cost. There also are small tables in the rooms.

I feel like I've asked this before, but cannot remember the answer. Old age? Maybe. :laughing:

Getting to MK for an 8:05 ADR at CP on a 9:00 opening day for MK. How best to get there? I usually drive to all parks, but that's pretty pointless to MK when staying at WL, but I don't think the boat runs that early, right? How about the bus, will it be running?

RED FLAG: The boat to the left of the dock has a red flag and goes to the Magic Kingdom. The red flag boats operate from a half hour before the Magic Kingdom opens to an hour and a half after the Magic Kingdom closes. Normally, the MK/Red Flag boat is a yellow-covered boat. These boats can accommodate open strollers.

BLUE FLAG: The boat to the right of the dock has a blue flag, and goes to Fort Wilderness and Disney's Contemporary Resort. These boats run from 6:45 AM to 11:30 PM.

From the transportation section on the first page. Looks like your best be might be to take the boat to CR and monorail over.

Or take the bus:
BUSES FOR EARLY ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations)

Buses for the Magic Kingdom and Magic Kingdom Resort Area will start running at 6:30am DAILY.

What is the WL bus and boat service like? In 2012 we stayed at Port Orleans and felt too much time was spent on and waiting on the busses. I don't want a repeat of that If I can help it. Thanks in advance for any input.

Another quick one. Do the deluxe rooms have connecting doors to the regular rooms next door?

We were in a deluxe room on the 5th floor and it did not have a connecting door to the room next store. Presume this to be standard.

What is the WL bus and boat service like? In 2012 we stayed at Port Orleans and felt too much time was spent on and waiting on the busses. I don't want a repeat of that If I can help it. Thanks in advance for any input.

We found the buses and boats to be efficient and rarely overcrowded. Only thing I didn't like was sharing with either ft wilderness or grand Floridian. Boat to MK was awesome.

We ended up switching resorts as availability and a better deal opened up at YC. WL is on our must-try list though, hopefully next trip!

Hi all! Can anyone tell me what size coffee filters are needed in the VWL? Also, do they provide toiletries there and replenish them daily, if you're staying as a regular guest (not a DVC member)?

Thanks!

Yesterday I posted about how I was unable to make a switch to WL. But today I come bearing with good news! Looks like more rooms opened up for the spring discount and I was able to book our 2 week trip at WL! The family and I are so excited to go back and stay at WL!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 1.52.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 1.52.32 PM.png
    576.3 KB · Views: 9
Hi all! Can anyone tell me what size coffee filters are needed in the VWL? Also, do they provide toiletries there and replenish them daily, if you're staying as a regular guest (not a DVC member)?

Thanks!

The coffee makers use a standard basket filter - like a Mr Coffee would use.

If you have a cash reservation, meaning you are not renting points, then you will get daily housekeeping services, including toiletries, just as you would if you were staying at the lodge. :)

Hi everyone!! Finally, after a long 9 years of hopping around at resorts, I'm going to be back at my beloved Wilderness Lodge, April 25-May 1 for my 30th birthday! (I self-imposed a rule, no repeat until I'd hit them all). Technically I haven't stayed at all of them yet, but the only deluxe I have left is Yacht Club, and that's booked for September. So I decided to splurge on Wilderness Lodge Club Level for my bday! Glad to find the new thread and reading over everyone's comments! A few things have changed at WL in the past nine years, so any tips are great! What's going on in the rooms that I just saw some pics of? Where are those rooms located? Have a great day everyone!! :)

Courtney

Congratulations. With a woods view room you still have some options based on your preference. The biggest decision (in our opinion) is whether you prefer a room that opens to the lobby or not. We love these rooms, and find the view just outside the door to be amazing. Most of these rooms are Woods view. Some people prefer a quieter location though, because at peak times you can hear noise from the WCC restaurant in the lobby. The majority of Woods view rooms are in the wings of the hotel, particularly the North wing facing generally toward the Magic Kingdom. You can also make requests regarding whether you prefer a high floor or not. Be aware that the highest floor in any section of the Lodge (and a few other random locations) generally have rooms with enclosed balconies, which some people prefer and others avoid. The big difference is whether you can see out well while seated.

Yes, requests are only requests and nothing is guaranteed, but we have done well adding them to our resort reservation by calling the central reservations number. They will add them as a note in your reservation, which will go to the room assignor at the resort a few weeks or so before your stay. The most important thing to remember is that you can't go wrong at WL, and every room has something nice about it. Happy planning and have a great trip.

Thanks for the advice!

Does anyone know.... we are staying inside the hotel, and not the villas. If I bring my own Poptarts for my daughter or English Muffins for myself, is there a toaster in the roaring fork we can use? If the toaster is located outside of registers, then I don't think it will be an issue. I'm hoping that maby there located near the sitting area, or condiments section. But, I know I cant bring my own food to the area where you pick/purchase the food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter