Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are planning to arrive at WL one year from today! To celebrate we started our Pre-Trip report, which is here. It should be a fun year of planning and following what's going on at WL. Thanks in advance to those who will share info about your trips in the next year.

Looking forward to your photos of Marshall and Allie and all your updates on your WL planning:)

Just got back from our first WL stay! Woods view room (3010), which was lovely and peaceful. CMs uniformly wonderful, cocktails at Territory Lounge quite tasty.

My original goal was to try as many resorts as possible but honestly I may never stay anywhere else ever again. That lobby is breathtaking.

That lobby really does have a big WOW factor. I never tire of it. Happy planning of your next WDW vacation:)

Do the washers and dryers at WL take credit cards/gift cards or coins?

thanks!

They only accept credit and debit cards. Laundry photos and information can be found in the thread HERE.

are most people with trips booked for next Spring (April) keeping their reservations regardless of the construction??

are most people with trips booked for next Spring (April) keeping their reservations regardless of the construction??

We made our plans for next September knowing full well about the construction. I don't expect much effect on the core lodge in the Spring, but we will watch as the project gets started. Many people have switched resorts and many have stayed, so it is an individual decision based on how it would affect your trip. At least Disney is letting people know so they can decide. There will be a few phases to the multi-year project, so the exact effect on a trip will vary somewhat. We are in and hoping for lower crowds. :)

For more info and discussion about the project there is a whole thread dedicated to it here.

thanks GrandCalifornian! we booked in may not knowing of this project and we are booked in a studio over on the villas side. Disney has NOT contacted me or my DVC friend at all , we know of this from reading about it here! I have to decide for ourselves by tuesday at the 7 month mark and just be ok with our decision. Its a tough call to make.

So so so excited. Booked this trip almost 18mths ago and are now at 26 days out!! Starting to wake up in the night with random thoughts such as, "I wonder if I should bring coathangers" and "what if I break down and cry in the lobby?"
Have a wonderful time!!

thanks GrandCalifornian! we booked in may not knowing of this project and we are booked in a studio over on the villas side. Disney has NOT contacted me or my DVC friend at all , we know of this from reading about it here! I have to decide for ourselves by tuesday at the 7 month mark and just be ok with our decision. Its a tough call to make.
It is a tough call. I am surprised they haven't contacted you like they have some others. Now there is a note on the WL page of the WDW website warning of the construction. If you can switch to a resort you'll enjoy and can get a comparable deal it might make sense, but I don't expect it to be horrible at WL.

So so so excited. Booked this trip almost 18mths ago and are now at 26 days out!! Starting to wake up in the night with random thoughts such as, "I wonder if I should bring coathangers" and "what if I break down and cry in the lobby?"
Congratulations. You probably don't need the coat hangers but some tissues might come in handy. Enjoy your trip, before you know it you'll be a few days away, then the Lodge day will come!

What requests should I give WL for my woods view bunk bed rooms? A high but not-highest floor (don't want solid balcony) and what? Or can I just say Wishes view to them and they'll understand? They have already noted "as far from construction noise as possible" on my reservation. Since I'm going during the dreaded construction starting at the end of October, I was hoping that being away from construction and seeing the fireworks aren't mutually exclusive requests at this time.

What requests should I give WL for my woods view bunk bed rooms? A high but not-highest floor (don't want solid balcony) and what? Or can I just say Wishes view to them and they'll understand? They have already noted "as far from construction noise as possible" on my reservation. Since I'm going during the dreaded construction starting at the end of October, I was hoping that being away from construction and seeing the fireworks aren't mutually exclusive requests at this time.
I suggest you request open balcony and Wishes view. That should give them a good idea of what you want. :)

That'll be the opposite direction of the construction as well?
Eventually there will be construction along the shoreline on both the North and South sides of the Lodge, but the North side will be away from the Villas pool construction which is likely to be noisy early in the process. I think that will be a good woods view location request that early in the construction. Enjoy your trip.

Hi all,

Landing from the UK tomorrow for 2 weeks at the lodge - very excited apart from one thing, the weather!

Looking at a few websites it looks as though it's going to be stormy for the next two weeks in the 'sunshine state'! Would people on here/out there be able to comment on that at all, I. E. Should I believe that or do you guys have conflicting experiences?

I remember roughly 10 years ago we went in mid August and there was a storm at 2pm every day like clockwork - is it like that now? We also went in the beginning of October 2 years ago and the weather was perfect - hoping for more of that - concerned that our meticulous planning could go to waste!

Thanks,
Rob

Hi all,

Landing from the UK tomorrow for 2 weeks at the lodge - very excited apart from one thing, the weather!

Looking at a few websites it looks as though it's going to be stormy for the next two weeks in the 'sunshine state'! Would people on here/out there be able to comment on that at all, I. E. Should I believe that or do you guys have conflicting experiences?

I remember roughly 10 years ago we went in mid August and there was a storm at 2pm every day like clockwork - is it like that now? We also went in the beginning of October 2 years ago and the weather was perfect - hoping for more of that - concerned that our meticulous planning could go to waste!

Thanks,
Rob
We went to WDW in spite of hurricane warnings and ended up having very little rain. It still rained like clockwork between 2 and 3 pm, but by then we had usually finished swimming and were back in the room. There was only one night that we had to cancel our evening plans when it poured rain, but that was fine.

You will probably get very humid weather and sporadic rain.

LOL - Our daughter and I *always* cry when we arrive, and when we leave. And sometimes during fireworks, certain meet n greets, and always always always when we walk into MK for the first time every trip... (getting kind of teary-eyed right now just thinking about it!)

Buy stock in Kleenex, people - we arrive on the 25th!

Gahhh--there are no cases of bottled water in the merchantile. I was told that it'd be $3/bottle and just multiple it by 24 bottles.

Check the Contemporary store or the Poly stores because all have been reported to sell water by the case. Maybe they are just out at the Mercantile?

Gahhh--there are no cases of bottled water in the merchantile. I was told that it'd be $3/bottle and just multiple it by 24 bottles.

Ask the Store Manager when/if they are getting another shipment. My parents have gotten a case of bottled water from the Mercantile their last 3 stays at WL.

Ask the Store Manager when/if they are getting another shipment. My parents have gotten a case of bottled water from the Mercantile their last 3 stays at WL.

I'll do this for sure! Thanks for the info! And if not we will try contemp and poly. We bought one bottle of water today and have been refilling it but it's warm water coming out of the fountains. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter