• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anybody here who might have an idea what the lodge will look like come mid November? Do you think there will still be windows and floors blocked off in the lobby? Will the cabins by the water be mostly up? Also, am I correct that you can still walk to Fort Wilderness using the nature trail now? Being somebody who loves nature and wilderness and went to WL because it reminded me of the lodges my dad took us to in the Rocky mountains Ive been feeling really down and negative about the changes Im reading about :(

There are currently no lobby windows blocked off and seeing how construction is not impacting the stream or the main entrance where the windows face there seems to be no reason at all for them to be blocked off in the future.

The blocked off floors are high above the main level and really not that noticeable, truly, I promise you. We have a November reservation and we received a notification that construction will be underway then too. But in November don't forget you'll also have a giant Christmas tree in the lobby and all the holiday decorations to look at and from what I've read and the photos I've seen they are so spectacular you really will not care a few floors are walled off.

Yes the Ft. Wilderness nature trail is open, I walked it Saturday!

There's nothing to feel down and negative about, you'll be getting a great, uncrowded resort at a great time! It's all good! :)

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what the distance (actually time to walk) is from WL to Fort Wilderness? We're going to eat breakfast at TE, but wasn't sure how early we should leave if we walk.

Can anyone tell me what the distance (actually time to walk) is from WL to Fort Wilderness? We're going to eat breakfast at TE, but wasn't sure how early we should leave if we walk.

The trail map I believe says it's about a mile, and if you eye Google maps its about the same. check out the map at runningatdisney.com here: http://runningatdisney.com/2012/02/05/wilderness-lodge-fort-wilderness-exercise-trail/

So time-wise you just have to judge your pace to figure about how long it takes you to walk a mile, adding in the time it takes you to get from your room to the bus stop of course. :) I think we figured about 20 minutes total to stroll it but it's all up to your pace.

Sometimes WL and FW do share buses to both Epcot and MK. I think it depends on crowd level. We shared almost every time when we were there last April. Occasionally we did get a direct bus from WL to MK, but the majority of the time it went to FW first.

It takes at least 20 minutes to walk there. Although it might take a little longer if you stop to look at the pony corral that you have to walk past. :)

It was very cold that January morning and they were wearing blankets. It was really cute. :)

ponies.jpg

Last edited:
It takes DH and I about 20-25 minutes to leisurely walk the trail to TE. We've seen deer and woodpeckers along the route. We've also shown up just when the ponies were put in the corral to play. You could see how each pony had it's own personality. We must have watched them for about 20 minutes. What a treat! Then,I had to go into the barn to push the calliope button a few times.......sometimes we walk back,sometimes we take two different route buses around the campground before heading back by regular bus.
We've taken an archery class there and an evening carriage ride......love that FW is so close to WL!

There are currently no lobby windows blocked off and seeing how construction is not impacting the stream or the main entrance where the windows face there seems to be no reason at all for them to be blocked off in the future.

The blocked off floors are high above the main level and really not that noticeable, truly, I promise you. We have a November reservation and we received a notification that construction will be underway then too. But in November don't forget you'll also have a giant Christmas tree in the lobby and all the holiday decorations to look at and from what I've read and the photos I've seen they are so spectacular you really will not care a few floors are walled off.

Yes the Ft. Wilderness nature trail is open, I walked it Saturday!

There's nothing to feel down and negative about, you'll be getting a great, uncrowded resort at a great time! It's all good! :)

Beautiful lobby for the holidays! Keep in mind, however, the decorations for the resorts go up at different times. We were beginning to get a little concerned that the decorations wouldn't be up before our trip ended on November 25th until FINALLY the assembly began on the evening of the 23rd.

P1020691_zpszhgloqqb.jpg

P1020680_zpsrlhxzftk.jpg

P1030333_zps9eqjwx3c.jpg

I was just trying to do some advance thinking for our stay. One night DW and I will be dropping my son off at Lilo's Playhouse and then dining at Artist Point. What do you guys feel is the best way to travel between the two resorts?

For a leisurely route, I would think taking a boat to MK and then the boat to Poly would be nice.

For the quickest trip, would Uber be best?

Just trying to get some thoughts sorted ahead of time, thanks.

Beautiful lobby for the holidays! Keep in mind, however, the decorations for the resorts go up at different times. We were beginning to get a little concerned that the decorations wouldn't be up before our trip ended on November 25th until FINALLY the assembly began on the evening of the 23rd.

P1020691_zpszhgloqqb.jpg

P1020680_zpsrlhxzftk.jpg

P1030333_zps9eqjwx3c.jpg
Uh oh. I had previously read that Xmas decorations go up 'right after Halloween'. From this post, sounds like there's little chance WL will be done by nov 14. Given the high room rates at deluxe and the missing amenities due to construction, it would be nice if WL was done early.

You rascal...sneaking off with your DH and visiting my favorite resort!! Once you stay, you'll be ruined for all other resorts, because it's amazing.
Hi there, stranger! LOL I actually thought of you when we booked WL and figured you'd be proud of me :thumbsup2 I'm super looking forward to it, both the lodge AND going kid-free again. Hope you and the family are enjoying the summer :goodvibes

Uh oh. I had previously read that Xmas decorations go up 'right after Halloween'. From this post, sounds like there's little chance WL will be done by nov 14. Given the high room rates at deluxe and the missing amenities due to construction, it would be nice if WL was done early.

From what I recall reading here, the park decorations go up long before the resorts are decorated. I think there is a lottery each year for the resorts, which results in a specific order that they are decorated. That is probably why the answer to "when will the WL be decorated," is usually given as anytime between mid-November and the last week. I hope you luck out for your trip!!

Park decorations pretty much go up right after Halloween. The Deluxes participate in a lottery to determine the order in which they are decorated. WDW does not release the details once the order is determined. So it is not a good idea to go by past years completion dates. Having said that, all the resorts will be completed by Thanksgiving weekend.

I am checking in to WL in a week for a CL stay and received a lovely phone message today telling me I will be greeted at the curb and walked up to the OFC. The message also included details about the CL services and amenities and was a nice welcome especially because there have been so many reports of cutbacks at CL. Thrilled to be going back, dreaming of oatmeal and cobbler!

I was just trying to do some advance thinking for our stay. One night DW and I will be dropping my son off at Lilo's Playhouse and then dining at Artist Point. What do you guys feel is the best way to travel between the two resorts?

For a leisurely route, I would think taking a boat to MK and then the boat to Poly would be nice.

For the quickest trip, would Uber be best?

Just trying to get some thoughts sorted ahead of time, thanks.

Taxi is the best way to do it, since you will have to go back and forth. And after a lovely dinner you might just want to go the quickest route possible. You can take the boat to the Contemporary and then catch the monorail to the Poly as another option.

Christmas decorations go up in the Magic Kingdom right after Halloween, but not at the resorts. The earliest date I have seen for decorations going up at WL was Nov 17th. The latest date I have seen for WL is the Monday before Thanksgiving, So I wouldn't count on seeing them on your Nov trip. :(

Taxi is the best way to do it, since you will have to go back and forth. And after a lovely dinner you might just want to go the quickest route possible. You can take the boat to the Contemporary and then catch the monorail to the Poly as another option.

Christmas decorations go up in the Magic Kingdom right after Halloween, but not at the resorts. The earliest date I have seen for decorations going up at WL was Nov 17th. The latest date I have seen for WL is the Monday before Thanksgiving, So I wouldn't count on seeing them on your Nov trip. :(
Thanks for the clarification. I won't mention it to the family then to avoid disappointment. Excited for the trip though.

I know if you go to the website to book a room, Woods View isn't a choice anymore. It's only Standard or Courtyard. At least for the time of our trip in August. Woods View doesn't show up at all--not even that it's just all booked and unavailable--it's just not listed as an option.

I noticed that, too and someone reported a very temporary "TPV" category that soon disappeared. At some point, I assume it will reappear, along with a higher price point:rolleyes2

Is there anybody here who might have an idea what the lodge will look like come mid November? Do you think there will still be windows and floors blocked off in the lobby? Will the cabins by the water be mostly up? Also, am I correct that you can still walk to Fort Wilderness using the nature trail now? Being somebody who loves nature and wilderness and went to WL because it reminded me of the lodges my dad took us to in the Rocky mountains Ive been feeling really down and negative about the changes Im reading about :(

It would be complete speculation at this point to guess what will be happening in 4 months. Just adding on to @Ellie Badge's post:

We don't have a confirmed date yet for completion of the new Old Faithful Club lounge on the 7th floor. Perhaps @Circusgirl, who will be there soon, can get a time estimate for us.

I wouldn't expect the cabins to be finished in November. The concrete trail to FW was never closed. The wooded trail, along Bay Lake, however, is closed.

There is more info. about the expansion in THIS dedicated thread.

It takes at least 20 minutes to walk there. Although it might take a little longer if you stop to look at the pony corral that you have to walk past. :)

It was very cold that January morning and they were wearing blankets. It was really cute. :)
0e5a8f84-a5d5-46e1-ae64-0030ba916868_zps5d8a05a2.jpg

Always love an excuse to re-post your pony photo with the pink and blue blankets:love:

Hey Lodge Fans! Heading back soon.

Congratulations on booking and happy planning!

I am checking in to WL in a week for a CL stay and received a lovely phone message today telling me I will be greeted at the curb and walked up to the OFC. The message also included details about the CL services and amenities and was a nice welcome especially because there have been so many reports of cutbacks at CL. Thrilled to be going back, dreaming of oatmeal and cobbler!

YAY for COBBLER!!! Love that you were called and got confirmation that you're going to receive a warm welcoming. There have been many WDW cutbacks in staff and hours, including CL.

Would it be possible for you to ask a friendly OFC CM about a time estimate for the grand opening of the new OFC lounge? I know we're going to see great photos from you:)

I am totaly pumped for our February visit. I love the WL.

:goodvibes

So excited we just booked a last minute weekend visit and this will be our first time saying at WL! The FL resident rate was the lowest I've seen for a deluxe. I understand the renovations going on but I think the impact will be minimal for our family. Curious though if the movie under the stars still moved from the beach to a inside room?

So excited we just booked a last minute weekend visit and this will be our first time saying at WL! The FL resident rate was the lowest I've seen for a deluxe. I understand the renovations going on but I think the impact will be minimal for our family. Curious though if the movie under the stars still moved from the beach to a inside room?
They show the movie in the Carolina Pacific room in the villas building. It is located on the right as you enter the building. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter