• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Welcome Package

Sweets156

Mouseketeer
My partner and I booked our magical vacation for August 10th-18th 2010 at Pop Century! Our triple A travel agent told us we would receive our packet close to our departure, it's 48 days out (and counting) and we haven't gotten anything yet. Just curious from previous experience, for those who booked with triple a, when their packet was received, and what it includes? Thanks in advance!

hi!! when we booked through aaa, everything came in a cute red envelope with zipper. inside was our booklet that had the dates of our trip, out ME passes, story time passes, and different discounts. if we wanted to pre-pay the photo pass that was there too. there were other papers, but i don't remember which ones. i don't know if you are flying down or not, but make sure your TA has your flight information. for some reason they never got my brothers information and it caused problems when it was time for him to leave, nothing serious, but he thought i did it on purpose, so thats where the drama came from. so to avoid any confusion, just make sure your TA has that information. it will save so much time when you are checking out. also we didn't get our packet until about 10 days before we left...so dont get worried if you have to wait. have a great trip!!!!

We always get our packet of documents about 40 days from our arrival time, however, I always book through Disney travel Company. I image AAA gets the document from Disney and then adds there specials and then they send it on to you.. thus it may take a little bit longer. Have a great trip!!!!

We just received ours on Thursday and the rest on Monday. Thursday we received our ME luggage stickers and the Disney info packet on Monday. We were 35 - 40 days out. :yay:

So I'm guessing an average of between 40 to 10 days out. I appreciate all 3 answers, you guys are simply the best and cater to everyone questions and concerns!! We are so very excited to go! And this is the first vacation I have ever booked alone! And yes, our travel agent does have our flight information, although she wasn't the easiest to work with, like I said it was my first time and I had many (dumb) questions, atleast she made them out to be, so I hope everything runs smoothly! I haven't been to wdw in 6 years so you all can imagine this Disney junkie needs her fix! Haha Again, thank you guys so much! Answers were generously given and graciously receieved!

We always book through AAA and you have to pass the 45 day mark when final payment is due before your paperwork is processed. We usually go in Aug. and our paperwork is usually ready for pickup by mid-July. Can't help with ME info since we don't use it. We are going Aug. 14 and final payment still isn't due so don't worry, you have plenty of time yet.

We booked AAA - not exactly sure, but ours came a few weeks ago at around the 30 day mark.

In my experience Disney sends out the packets 2-3 weeks prior to your check-in date.

When we booked through AAA, I called to ask about the packet and was told that they receive it from Disney and then mail it to you (so you should have it a week-10 days before check-in). We were actually leaving 12 days prior to our check-in at Disney because we were visiting family and going to a wedding in FL, so the AAA agent called me when it arrived and I went in to pick it up (just a few days before we left) instead of waiting for them to mail it to me.

We always book through AAA and you have to pass the 45 day mark when final payment is due before your paperwork is processed. We usually go in Aug. and our paperwork is usually ready for pickup by mid-July. Can't help with ME info since we don't use it. We are going Aug. 14 and final payment still isn't due so don't worry, you have plenty of time yet.

Oh I see, do you still have to pass the 45 day mark when it was paid in full the day we booked (March 10th, 2010)? And since you always book through AAA, did you ever have any trouble checking in using the documents they've given you to prove payment was made in full, or does the Disney Package include that sort of stuff?

Oh I see, do you still have to pass the 45 day mark when it was paid in full the day we booked (March 10th, 2010)? And since you always book through AAA, did you ever have any trouble checking in using the documents they've given you to prove payment was made in full, or does the Disney Package include that sort of stuff?

I went thru AAA many times and never had a problem checking in with the documents. I usually just hand them the copy and they take it from there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter