• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Walk Around the World bricks

LilGMom

<font color=red>It makes me want to Kiss on the li
I'm a little late in listening to last week's email show and just heard the email about the Walk Around the World bricks. I inquired with Disney about these in June and was able to leave my name and number with a gentleman that said that they are looking at restarting the program. He told me that they didn't have a definate date as to when they would start reselling the bricks or how much they'd cost but that they were definately going to be reselling them in the semi-near future. My contact information was put on a waitlist and when they start reselling the bricks I was assured that I'd be contacted. There is a chance that he was blowing smoke up my skirt but I'd like to think that he was being upfront and honest and that they will be making pavers available soon. Just a little late FYI.

That would so rock. I've always wanted to get one of those bricks and I really didn't like the Leave a Legacy at EPCOT.

I know the podcast crew was sort of poking fun about this but I would love to do this! Thanks for the info LilGMom!

Who did you contact? I would love to do the brick thing as well; would be nice to call and see if I get told the same general information you did.

I'm not sure if it is ok to put his name and number up here but I will PM it to whomever needs/wants it.

I am interested in the info you have on the paving bricks. We do currently have one, but would love to do a new one. Thanks. Sharon W.

We have a brick that we got way back and we actually go and look at it when we are there. I'd love to get a new brick though.

Interestingly my mother who is going to WDW in September for the first time in years called me yesterday to ask if I knew where the brick was because she was looking through all the old Disney stuff and couldn't find the map that we had been given with the location. I told her approximately where it was and told her that I'd try to find a picture of it so that she'd have the number. Since she's going with her grandchildren (my niece and nephews) she's wants to show them. I hadn't really thought about it in a while and the email show question reminded me that we'll have to look too next time we are there.

Last June Disney said they were adding new bricks to the area around the MK. After sending Disney my information on a form they faxed me, He called me back and said Disney is not adding any more bricks. I do not remember what they guys name is though.
I'm not sure if any one got a new brick or not last year.

My parents tried to buy us one for our wedding. They got the response that it will start up soon and we're first on the list - hope that's right. The person did ask that their info not be shared...

My parents tried to buy us one for our wedding. They got the response that it will start up soon and we're first on the list - hope that's right. The person did ask that their info not be shared...

Wonder why that is? I was never told that by the person I spoke with and I didn't get the impression that it was a 'hush-hush' Mission Impossible type thing. Interesting.

I'm thinking maybe just because they're not selling them yet and they don't want a mile long waiting list. To be honest, I have no idea since my parents were the ones that made all the phone calls.

This is great to know! I was the one who sent the email to the podcast crew.. Me and DH see those tiles everytime we go to MK and wondered what in the world they are.. I was excited to be able to tell DH what they were..

Please pm me the info as I would also be interested..

I called Disney about the "pavers". I got the impression they are getting together a list for when the program to buy the pavers goes live. However, I also got the impression that if we all want this program to become a reality we need to let management know we want it back.

As the person I spoke to said, the last time people asked to get this program back, it made it all the way up to Eisner who, said, "If that's what they want, give it to them." So, I guess it may be time for a grass roots movement to get the "pavers" as they are called back in the fore front.

Let the Pavers Movement begin!:cheer2:

I definitely hope they bring back the chance to buy a brick! DH and I would love one to commemorate our Disney wedding (though it's been almost 5 years ago now--my how time flies!).

I would also like the info if you still have it to share.

When it started going around last year that they were selling again, I rushed my application to them via fax with all me info and a cc # and was called back two days later and told that they were no longer selling the bricks. They had sold a very limited number and I missed out.:sad1:

OP

I would very much like the contact info. I'd love to be able to do this before or during our next trip in August as a surprise for my mom. Of course, I know it's not even up and running yet, but I can always dream!

mommak1010@aol.com

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter