• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Standard Room VS. Prefered Room

daryle330

DVC Member
Looking to find out if booking a Prefered Room studio room is worth booking over the standard studio room? Is it worth using more points?
I'm not sure what the difference is with the two.
:smickey::earsboy:
Thanks for your Help!!

Looking to find out if booking a Prefered Room studio room is worth booking over the standard studio room? Is it worth using more points?
I'm not sure what the difference is with the two.
:smickey::earsboy:
Thanks for your Help!!
A preferred room at SSR would be a room in one of two locations:
The Springs or Congress Park.
Congress Park is near the walkway to Disney Springs.
The Springs is near the lobby, shop, quick service and table service restaurant, boat to Disney Springs and the main feature pool.

We usually book a preferred room to be closer to the eating locations. After staying in the Carousel section without a car I said I would never stay in the standard areas again.

We just stayed at The Grandstand and it was a quick 3 minute walk to the main building. And it's the first stop.

Depends on how much time you are going to stay in your room? We recently stayed in the Carousel with a decent standard view. I enjoyed coffee & a cupcake on the patio (it was on the first floor). I was pinching points & it was worth it!

Carousel, Paddock and Grandstand are standard booking areas.

Last edited:

We like to book standard and request a Paddock 5500 building room. Short beautiful walk and much cheaper/less points.

Grandstand #85 is a standard location that is like a 3 minute walk to the main building. Absolutely the best standard building there is, just MHO though, lol.

We request Paddock and specify "close to Disney Springs." It's maybe a 5 minute longer walk than from Congress Park, so we see no reason to use the extra points. But we don't have anyone with mobility issues.

Carousel, Paddock and Grandstand are not standard booking areas.

Carousel is a standard booking area. We had room 7101. I double checked this on DVC past reservations & I use TouringPlans where I always look up room categories. pooh:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter