Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Just booked POR for Jan 30-Feb 5, 2022. It will be our first WDW trip (me, DH, and soon to be 10 year old son).

My only worry is the buses. Hoping late January/early February will be a less crazy time of year (than say spring break) and buses won't be too bad?

We booked the Woods view with 5th sleeper as having the third bed is crucial for us. I didn't see any of the 5th sleepers available over at CBR for this time period and POR looks really delightful!

Any idea how thin the walls are in the Alligator Bayou section? Hoping for a quiet stay.

Does anyone see any availability at all for the Royal Room Pool view category on the US Disney website? Whatever dates I've checked since the system re-opened, even when every other category is available, there is nothing showing for RGR Pool. I've reported it, but just wondering if anyone else can see anything?

Andre

Does anyone see any availability at all for the Royal Room Pool view category on the US Disney website? Whatever dates I've checked since the system re-opened, even when every other category is available, there is nothing showing for RGR Pool. I've reported it, but just wondering if anyone else can see anything?

Andre
The category for Royal Room pool view is listed when I open the Disney website but I don't see any availability for any of the dates I used.

The category for Royal Room pool view is listed when I open the Disney website but I don't see any availability for any of the dates I used.

Yes, that's what I see too. The category is there, but there is no availability showing for any random dates I checked (2021 or 2022).

Andre

Super excited to be returning to both Port Orleans resorts soon! My clients have been wanting to be booked there as well like crazy. It's back!!! Hoping the boats will be running and Yee Ha Bob will return. And that Covid will calm back down so we can all actually go.

Yes, that's what I see too. The category is there, but there is no availability showing for any random dates I checked (2021 or 2022).

Andre

Andre

I've checked the week of Thanksgiving 2021 and every royal room category except for pool view is available.

Actually, when I was checking for my clients, the Royal rooms were the ONLY thing available for a while. I can't offer my services on here, this board is operated by another travel service and that wouldn't be cool. Are you in Europe? Also, have you ever stayed Pool View? My last visit to POFQ was Pool View and those darned lights at the pool shone in our window all night. Just thought I'd mention it....

I've checked the week of Thanksgiving 2021 and every royal room category except for pool view is available.

I just had a call back from WDW Guest Relations. On their system, the Royal Room Pool View category no longer shows up at all, so she thinks that whole category may have been re-branded and absorbed when they did the Garden -> Woods name change. But she agreed that if that is the case, it shouldn't still show on the booking website at all. She's escalated it to their second-line team to investigate anyway, so either availability will pop up soon if it was an error or the category will simply vanish from the results pages completely.

It's only a very small number of rooms, which wouldn't really be missed for the actual view, but it does (did?) have the advantage of guaranteeing a room located close to the bridge to the main buildings.

Andre

My son in law and daughter convinced me to book POR for a January trip! We are typically POP Peasants but it was cheaper to book a 5th sleeper room than two rooms at POP.

I am nervous about trying a new resort, but the pictures of POR are lovely.

My daughter will be 7 months pregnant. We have a standard view 5th sleeper room booked. I would like to be close to a bus stop for her. Should I switch to preferred or are there some good locations that are standard but close to a bus stop I can request? Thanks!

My daughter will be 7 months pregnant. We have a standard view 5th sleeper room booked. I would like to be close to a bus stop for her. Should I switch to preferred or are there some good locations that are standard but close to a bus stop I can request? Thanks!
Building 24 is close to the west bus stop, which is the first stop that the buses make when they enter Riverside.

My family and I will be booking a stay at Riverside. I plan on requesting the Alligator Bayou lodge 14. How does the main pool compare to the French Quarter? To me when I look at online pictures it looks kind of small with a lot shade? Thanks 😊

We just cancelled our Disney cruise for this Sept and moved it to Sept 2022. Instead we will be going to WDW this November. We have 3 rooms reserved at POR. My daughter has 5 kids and 2 will be staying in our room, and they want to connect with their parents' room. Even though we will only have 4 in our room (me, DH and 2 DGDs), we had to book a room with the 5th sleeper because there were no regular standard rooms available, and woods view won't work since we need to be near DD. My DD had to book a 5th sleeper since she will have 5 in her room, DD and her DH, and 3 kids, 15, 6 and 3.

Does anyone know if 2 rooms with the 5th sleeper connect? I know that there are no guarantees since we've requested this many times before and sometimes we get our request and sometimes we don't. I do know that some resorts will only connect with 2 queens and a king in the other room. Just wondering if we have any chance of getting connecting rooms if both have the 5th sleeper.

Any help is appreciated!

Currently booked from Tues-Saturday (in November) at CBR. We now need to add a night since we cancelled our cruise and want to stay an extra night at Disney. We are heading to Universal on the Sunday after Disney. We are going to HS on Wednesday, Epcot on Thursday, and MK on Friday. There are room available at POR 5th sleeper for Friday night and also Saturday night.

Here is the question. Should I think about moving over to POR for the Friday and Saturday night stay since we are heading to MK so Skyliner won't matter? Or should we book POR just for Saturday night? What would you do? The rate at POR is a little cheaper. Not sure how our luggage will get to POR yet. Trying to figure that.

Not sure how our luggage will get to POR yet. Trying to figure that.

Not sure how it works now, but we have had to do a split stay before and disney transferred our luggage for us. We talked to the concierge because we were trying to figure out park plans, etc for that day and she just said, NBD We'll take care of it. We dropped them off at the bell services on the way out of the first place and the bags were in our room when we came back from the park.

Does anyone know if 2 rooms with the 5th sleeper connect?

Yes, lots of them connect. Basically 5th Sleeper simply guarantees a room in the Alligator Bayou section - as does any booking with five people aged 3+. You can only have two of the rooms connect though, the third will just need to be somewhere nearby. There are plenty of 5th Sleeper Woods View and 5th Sleeper Standard View rooms very near to each other by the way (often back-to-back rather than side-by-side).

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter