Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We check in at POR in 32 days...I'm getting so excited! As I've said before, this is our 10th wedding anniversary trip (we stayed at POFQ for our honeymoon).

Unfortunately, this trip I will be taking a wheelchair or ECV. I had foot surgery 4 1/2 weeks ago for severe turf toe, and my doctor says I still need to limit my standing and walking for at least the next four weeks (I'll have another x-ray the Friday before we leave for Disney). Does anyone have any suggestions on room requests that will make the trip easier with a wheelchair?

We check in at POR in 32 days...I'm getting so excited! As I've said before, this is our 10th wedding anniversary trip (we stayed at POFQ for our honeymoon).

Unfortunately, this trip I will be taking a wheelchair or ECV. I had foot surgery 4 1/2 weeks ago for severe turf toe, and my doctor says I still need to limit my standing and walking for at least the next four weeks (I'll have another x-ray the Friday before we leave for Disney). Does anyone have any suggestions on room requests that will make the trip easier with a wheelchair?
Ask for 1st floor or a Mansion building (they have elevators , Bayou does not). When making the request let them know why you need one of those options.

We had our 1st and only Disney vacation in September of 2012. I was able to book the free dining package.
I have been out of the Disney loop for a few years but was wondering what my changes were to get the same deal for September 2017. We loved POR, and can't imagine staying anywhere else.
Any predication on if this promotion might be offered in sept 2017> thanks for the help. This site help us have the absolute best vacation in 2012.

We had our 1st and only Disney vacation in September of 2012. I was able to book the free dining package.
I have been out of the Disney loop for a few years but was wondering what my changes were to get the same deal for September 2017. We loved POR, and can't imagine staying anywhere else.
Any predication on if this promotion might be offered in sept 2017> thanks for the help. This site help us have the absolute best vacation in 2012.
I would try looking under "Discount Codes and Rates" under this forum...there may already be a thread started for September 2017!

We are going to POR mid January. A family member has a conference in Orlando and was wanting to join us for a day. Would she be able to park at POR? How much would it be? We were thinking she could come to POR early...do breakfast and hit a park. Would that be possible?

I am going through that hard period of time. You know - that time from when ADRs are made and waiting for FastPass. We will arrive on May 7. I have been looking forward to this trip for so long.
Thank you to everyone here with so much information. When I think of a question, I look here and it is already answered.

We are going to POR mid January. A family member has a conference in Orlando and was wanting to join us for a day. Would she be able to park at POR? How much would it be? We were thinking she could come to POR early...do breakfast and hit a park. Would that be possible?

That's very possible, and there would be no charge. Just get them to show their ID at the gate and let the security guard know that they are visiting a hotel guest for breakfast. If they want to drive to the park (maybe going back to their own hotel directly afterwards) they could temporarily borrow one of your magic bands as ID to get into the theme park parking lot.

Andre

There are rumours going around that Disney is going to be charging $5 per package delivered. There are questions how true this is and if it means mailed packages or does it include packages from delivery services such as Garden Grocers or Dizzy Dolphin? Does any one here know anything about this?

There are rumours going around that Disney is going to be charging $5 per package delivered. There are questions how true this is and if it means mailed packages or does it include packages from delivery services such as Garden Grocers or Dizzy Dolphin? Does any one here know anything about this?
I've heard it does not apply to grocery or floral/gift deliveries.

That's very possible, and there would be no charge. Just get them to show their ID at the gate and let the security guard know that they are visiting a hotel guest for breakfast. If they want to drive to the park (maybe going back to their own hotel directly afterwards) they could temporarily borrow one of your magic bands as ID to get into the theme park parking lot.

Andre
We are in the same situation (in May). Is there a limit on how long they can park there?

We are in the same situation (in May). Is there a limit on how long they can park there?

In the hotels close to the theme parks they sometimes allow three hours, but at Port Orleans I would be amazed if they even suggested a limit. Certainly there is ample parking and you should not have a problem at all.

Andre

In the hotels close to the theme parks they sometimes allow three hours, but at Port Orleans I would be amazed if they even suggested a limit. Certainly there is ample parking and you should not have a problem at all.

Andre
Thank you

I just realized that I will be needing distilled water while at POR. I while ago I read that the resorts' stores carry this. Can anyone confirm if POR general store has distilled water and pricing if possible. Thanks

I just realized that I will be needing distilled water while at POR. I while ago I read that the resorts' stores carry this. Can anyone confirm if POR general store has distilled water and pricing if possible. Thanks
I've heard that you have the ask the CM's for the distilled water. They don't have it out on the shelves.

We enjoyed 4 nights at POR last weekend.
We are usually a family who prefers to stay deluxe, but settled for POR to keep our budget lower this time. We have stayed at the other mods for a few nights here or there.
What an awesome resort. Easily my favorite mod. It was everything everyone claims. The food court was so cozy. The grounds beautiful. The CMs were all friendly. The pools were cute (although a touch too cold for this Florida family, unless it was high noon and as warm out as possible). We stayed in the AB. Building 16. It was a nice walk to the food court and pool. We did take our car to the parks.
We would not hesitate to book another stay here. :)

wondering if anyone has or could take pic of alligator bayou building 28 and an external pic of room 2823 ... had camera issue and don't have them and am trying to make our photo album for the trip ... thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter