Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Can anyone please point me to the activities calendar for November? I clicked on one link that was supposed to lead be there, but it's a dupe of POFQ. Thank you!

You should pay for coffee (and tea and hot chocolate) at the restaurant rather than stealing it, yes. That is either by using an active refillable mug or by paying at the counter and using the paper cup they give you.

However if you are asking if it is possible, there is no electronic tag check for the hot drinks or for iced tea, only for the cold soda-fountain dispenser drinks.

Andre

Thanks Andre! I was planning on purchasing the refillable mugs for myself and dh for tea and coffee. Just wanted to make sure we could fill up our kids water bottles without getting the mugs for them.

Thanks Andre! I was planning on purchasing the refillable mugs for myself and dh for tea and coffee. Just wanted to make sure we could fill up our kids water bottles without getting the mugs for them.
The food court at POR has really nice ice and cold water dispensers that are separate from the beverage dispensers. It is easy to fill water bottles at these machines. :)

How advantageous is a corner room in your opinion? I don't want to overdo the requests and lessen our chances of getting our top priorities. If we request mansions area, it looks from the map like we will be in either Acadia or Magnolia buildings... are both fairly equal to you? Do I really need to request close to bus stop since it looks like both the mansion buildings are fairly close to a bus stop? This is the request I am considering:
1) Mansion building
2) Top floor
3)Quiet location (away from elevator or other noisy area)
4) Adjoining rooms
Debating whether I should add the corner room request or leave it be. Any other requests you think are important ones? Thanks so much!

What category room did you book? Standard, pool, River? To a big extent that will determine location.
But in general we request either Magnolia Terrace or Acadian House, upper floor, close to Old Man Island foot bridge. I'd rather be closer to the ammenities than the bus stop. It's personal pref. If you'd rather be closer to bus, you'll be by the parking lot in a standard view. I do prefer to use the bus depot behind the mansions though, I find them less busy, and more relaxed.

Is there somewhere onsite that we can print boarding passes? I can check in from my phone but need somewhere/somehow to print the boarding passes (flying Spirit and they charge to print at the airport) TIA!

How advantageous is a corner room in your opinion? I don't want to overdo the requests and lessen our chances of getting our top priorities. If we request mansions area, it looks from the map like we will be in either Acadia or Magnolia buildings... are both fairly equal to you? Do I really need to request close to bus stop since it looks like both the mansion buildings are fairly close to a bus stop? This is the request I am considering:
1) Mansion building
2) Top floor
3)Quiet location (away from elevator or other noisy area)
4) Adjoining rooms
Debating whether I should add the corner room request or leave it be. Any other requests you think are important ones? Thanks so much!

PLEASE be clear what you mean. "Adjoining rooms" may be next to each other or depending on the building set-up around the corner from each other (or diagonally in the case of a stairwell between sections) but they DO NOT have a door between them.

If you want the door between the rooms, you need to use the term "CONNECTING rooms".

I used to work in a hotel, and there were always guests who were upset that they "didn't get their request because there is no door in between the rooms" when they requested adjoining - which almost invariably would be what they DID get (adjoining rooms). Granted the agent on the phone taking the reservation/request SHOULD have clarified, but in some cases it was for conventions that required faxing or mailing in the reservation card so there was no way to clarify (phone calls were only made for missing information or if someone typed with their fingers over one key each).

Is there somewhere onsite that we can print boarding passes? I can check in from my phone but need somewhere/somehow to print the boarding passes (flying Spirit and they charge to print at the airport) TIA!
The concierge will print boarding passes and the resort airline check in booth will print boarding passes. :)

Yes indeed! You can check your bags and print your boarding passes at the resort. I don't remember if it has happened every year, but I think they also sometimes print them and hang them on the door before I ever went down with my bags.

What category room did you book? Standard, pool, River? To a big extent that will determine location.
But in general we request either Magnolia Terrace or Acadian House, upper floor, close to Old Man Island foot bridge. I'd rather be closer to the ammenities than the bus stop. It's personal pref. If you'd rather be closer to bus, you'll be by the parking lot in a standard view. I do prefer to use the bus depot behind the mansions though, I find them less busy, and more relaxed.
Thanks! We booked standard. Can I still request close to Old Man Island footbridge or is that contradictory to the standard room category? Do you think adding "Close to Old Man Island bridge" is too much since I already am requesting upper floor, mansions, quiet area of hotel, and 2 rooms close together?

Thanks! We booked standard. Can I still request close to Old Man Island footbridge or is that contradictory to the standard room category? Do you think adding "Close to Old Man Island bridge" is too much since I already am requesting upper floor, mansions, quiet area of hotel, and 2 rooms close together?

Yes, I think that's too many requests. And yes, close to the footbridge is contradictory to standard because the standard rooms are on the parking lot side of the mansions, while the footbridge is on the other side.

You can request close to Old Man Island bridge, at least it will put you on the same side of the building closest to bridge, you will be in the back by parking lot but on same side as bridge.
It is a lot of requests, you should keep it to 3. You could request upper floor, adjoining rooms, close as possible to Old Man Island Bridge.

The CMs at the concierge desk in lobby can print out your tickets. I don't think you can use the airline check in desk as Spirit isn't part of Disneys airline check in service. You'll have to take your luggage on the DME bus to the airport when you leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter