Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

So they don't mind if you take your own food to the food court to use their toasters?
We were thinking of buying a toaster through amazon to use at POR and then leave it behind as we are from Australia. Would be better to use the ones in the food court.
Lisa, when are you there? We're coming from Sydney (me, DH and 3 x DS) and will be at POR from 15-24 Sept :)

No, that's fine, no one will be at all concerned. Same goes for using the microwave.

Andre

Thanks Andre.

We asked the first time and were told that we were welcome to use the toasters no problem. We also have used the microwaves for oatmeal (we bring oatmeal cups from home and fill them with water and microwave them.

Thanks for this information.

They don't care at all. I go and heat up leftovers in there sometimes. I'll be kind of perturbed if they did care!

In Australia you wouldn't be able to do that in most hotels especially not at a place like Disney.

Lisa, when are you there? We're coming from Sydney (me, DH and 3 x DS) and will be at POR from 15-24 Sept :)

We will be there 13-21 February. Me, DH, sister, niece and nephew. We are from Canberra and my family from central coast. Any tips you have would be great.

I'm so excited; this will be our 1st stay in a moderate. Generally we stay off site and last year we were at Pop Century. We were just at All Stars for a short visit last week. We are going with a very large group in August 2017. We have made our BB reservations for a preferred room this time at POR... I'm super excited to be going for a full week this time!

We are staying at POR the week before Christmas and have reserved a river view room. We have stayed several times before at POR but have always had a royal room. Would you recommend requesting the Alligator Bayou section (maybe building 14) or the mansions? It will be me, DH, DD7, DD4.

We are staying at POR the week before Christmas and have reserved a river view room. We have stayed several times before at POR but have always had a royal room. Would you recommend requesting the Alligator Bayou section (maybe building 14) or the mansions? It will be me, DH, DD7, DD4.

It might be nice to try the 'other side' and ask for AB 14, it's very nicely located and really convenient.

Andre

I'm staying for the first time at POR two weeks from today!!! :bounce:

I'm only staying one night before moving over to the AKL. I arrive in the evening, so I'm planning to check in and then take the boat to DS for dinner.

For breakfast the next morning, is there anything at the Riverside Mill food court that is not to be missed? Since POFQ's Sassalouga is closed, I don't think I can get beignets, so I may just grab something at DS the night before to have in my room that morning.

I'm staying for the first time at POR two weeks from today!!! :bounce:

I'm only staying one night before moving over to the AKL. I arrive in the evening, so I'm planning to check in and then take the boat to DS for dinner.

For breakfast the next morning, is there anything at the Riverside Mill food court that is not to be missed? Since POFQ's Sassalouga is closed, I don't think I can get beignets, so I may just grab something at DS the night before to have in my room that morning.
Don't know about anything not to be missed at Riverside for breakfast but there is a temporary QS at POFQ that does have beigents. Checkout the "unofficial" site www.portorleans.org for info on both POR and POFQ

In Australia you wouldn't be able to do that in most hotels especially not at a place like Disney.

Interesting. It's not as though you're going into the kitchen to use it! lol

I have stayed in a regular mansion room, a royal room, and an AB room. I love them all. I choose AB now, because of the location. I can't beat taking less than 2 minutes to get to the food court.

Don't know about anything not to be missed at Riverside for breakfast but there is a temporary QS at POFQ that does have beigents. Checkout the "unofficial" site www.portorleans.org for info on both POR and POFQ

Not any more, really. There used to be a flatbread that was amazing. I'm really sad that's gone. Also, am I correct that they no longer have biscuits? If so, that's upsetting.

Thanks, that is good news! I'll probably just walk over to POFQ for the beignets then. It should be a short walk since I'll be in a royal room.

Looking forward to staying at this resort and exploring while I'm there! :-)

Thanks, that is good news! I'll probably just walk over to POFQ for the beignets then. It should be a short walk since I'll be in a royal room.

Looking forward to staying at this resort and exploring while I'm there! :-)

You'll have an amazing time! It really is a gorgeous place. I wish I could live there. lol

Hey guys- we are going with a large group in November and online check-in is coming up. Wondering what your thoughts are for room requests. We have 4 rooms booked and one of those rooms is Royal Room with a garden view. The other 3 are standard rooms/views. We will have strollers for one of the standard rooms and the Royal Room and while we know we won't be in the same buildings, want to try to be somewhat near each other. The Royal Room would like to be close to transportation and the food court. Any ideas/help? Thanks!!

Hey guys- we are going with a large group in November and online check-in is coming up. Wondering what your thoughts are for room requests. We have 4 rooms booked and one of those rooms is Royal Room with a garden view. The other 3 are standard rooms/views. We will have strollers for one of the standard rooms and the Royal Room and while we know we won't be in the same buildings, want to try to be somewhat near each other. The Royal Room would like to be close to transportation and the food court. Any ideas/help? Thanks!!
Ask for mansion section for the other parties. Unless they are parties of 5 ,then they will be in the Bayou section. Andre's website www.portorleans.org has resort map which should help making your requests. Calling Disney to put in your requests and/or faxing a few days before might work better than depending on the online.

We have 4 rooms booked and one of those rooms is Royal Room with a garden view. The other 3 are standard rooms/views. We will have strollers for one of the standard rooms and the Royal Room and while we know we won't be in the same buildings, want to try to be somewhat near each other. The Royal Room would like to be close to transportation and the food court.

All you can really ask for would be to be placed in neighbouring buildings (Magnolia Terrace for the three regular rooms and Oak Manor for the Royal Room). The problem is that the standard rooms in Magnolia are mostly at the back (facing the parking lot) and the area of Oak Manor that faces out towards Magnolia is the furthest away from the bridge that leads to the main building (not a very long walk, but not the shortest either). Whatever you get will be a bit of a compromise. I would suggest letting them know what you are after (by fax 5 days out) and see if they can work something out that works for you.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter