Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi everyone! Only two weeks until we check in to POR! I am preparing the fax I will send, probably on the Tuesday or Wednesday before we check in (Saturday), and I'd like some feedback. We had our TA put AB as a request on our original reservation, and I did online check-in asking for highest floor and corner room. We don't really have any very specific requests. What do you think:

"We stayed at this resort in 2014, and absolutely fell in love with it, I believe mostly because of how lovely we found our Alligator Bayou room. On this previous stay, we were in building 38, with a Garden View, room 3805. What we loved most about it was how it almost felt remote; there was so much greenery and lushness just outside our door. Plus, it was quiet, our room seemed to be tucked away in a corner and it felt so cozy! We have booked a Garden View room this time as well, and we would be most grateful if you could possibly find us a room in Alligator Bayou in a similar location to 3805, not overlooking a busy pathway but mostly the vegetation of the bayou. We are coming to Riverside as a special celebratory trip for our 15th anniversary and my husband finally completing his PhD. We understand that these are requests, and we know we will have a wonderful stay at the resort no matter what, but any additional pixie dust you might be able to provide to assign us to a room like the one previously described would be lovely."

Agree with siskaren that it might be a bit too much for the room assignment CM to read... imagine thousands of requests the he/she has to read everyday!!
Maybe to cut it down and use bullet-points for your requests?? Something like,

For our stay, we would like to request a Garden view room that is:
-- similar to room 3805 in Alligator Bayou
-- room facing vegetation of bayou, not pathway

We are also there to celebrate our 15th anniversary and my husband's accomplishment on his PhD degree.
We understand that our requests cannot be guaranteed but we appreciate any pixie dust that you have sprinkled on our trip to WDW.

Anyone else is welcome to critique on my input!!
Having a great tips and congratulations!!

Thanks for the comments, siskaren an yaya74! I had started from Venomhatch's template, but I can see how the CM might not read it through to the end! :) I'll keep working on it.

Congrats. My wife and I will be doing part II of our honeymoon at POR, in December too (my best man gave us a Feb. Cancun trip as a wedding gift for part I). We'll be there from 12/8-12/16.

Have you checked out the Decemeber 2016 thread yet? If not, it can be found HERE .

No I hadn't but I have now!!! Thank you :)!! See ya at POR:hyper:

Hi everyone! Only two weeks until we check in to POR! I am preparing the fax I will send, probably on the Tuesday or Wednesday before we check in (Saturday), and I'd like some feedback. We had our TA put AB as a request on our original reservation, and I did online check-in asking for highest floor and corner room. We don't really have any very specific requests. What do you think:

"We stayed at this resort in 2014, and absolutely fell in love with it, I believe mostly because of how lovely we found our Alligator Bayou room. On this previous stay, we were in building 38, with a Garden View, room 3805. What we loved most about it was how it almost felt remote; there was so much greenery and lushness just outside our door. Plus, it was quiet, our room seemed to be tucked away in a corner and it felt so cozy! We have booked a Garden View room this time as well, and we would be most grateful if you could possibly find us a room in Alligator Bayou in a similar location to 3805, not overlooking a busy pathway but mostly the vegetation of the bayou. We are coming to Riverside as a special celebratory trip for our 15th anniversary and my husband finally completing his PhD. We understand that these are requests, and we know we will have a wonderful stay at the resort no matter what, but any additional pixie dust you might be able to provide to assign us to a room like the one previously described would be lovely."

Not any help on your fax, but looks like we will be there a the same time! Yay for Disney in May!

Anyone at POR now?? Can someone please snap a picture of the wall-safe and show me how big it is please?? I saw at CBR board that the safe can fit a standard size laptop... Hope that's the same for POR...

Anyone at POR now?? Can someone please snap a picture of the wall-safe and show me how big it is please?? I saw at CBR board that the safe can fit a standard size laptop... Hope that's the same for POR...

Post #3152 on page 158 has a picture and the dimensions.
I doubt a full-size (15+ inch) device would fit:

POR-Room-AB1441-2008-7496_forum.jpg

Interior dimensions 35cm x 24.5cm x 9cm deep, access door gap is 30cm x 21cm (it's the door size which might be a problem).

Andre

I put my iPod air in the safe along with a couple of other things, but I'm not sure a true laptop would fit. I was there in March. I'm sure if someone has been able to fit one In there they will chime in.

I'm new here! It's me, my husband and 7 year-old son. (My MIL may be joining us but booking a separate room, which she would try to get as close to our room as possible.) I've only stayed at Pop Century, which was fine but we wanted to try a moderate. I was planning to stay at Coronado Springs, but the free dining rooms were limited and we didn't want to stay in a preferred room which was the only thing available. Then on whim we booked a garden view room at Port Orleans Riverside. Now I'm feeling nervous about the choice and wondering if we made a mistake. I'm worried that the transportation, which we thought wasn't great at Pop, is going to be even worse at POR. Can I get peoples' opinions as to how the bus transportation is? I'm also worried that the dining options are too limited - the table service is only available at dinner time, and the QS cafeteria seems more limited than the values. (My husband has celiac disease which is also something we have to take into consideration.) Any encouragement (or discouragement) on staying here would be appreciated!

Last edited:
We LOVE POR :) We have only stayed twice but buses ran great. Our longest wait was being picked up at Animal Kingdom. I think the food court has a lot of choices. Regular burgers, pizza and such , a build your own pasta area, a build your own salad area and then a fresh carved meats,potatoes and veggies area. You always have the option to take the boat to Disney Springs as well and there are a ton of options there. My 6 and 3 year old boys loved the whole place as well. It's so relaxing which is a nice change from the parks.

I'm new here! It's me, my husband and 7 year-old son. (My MIL may be joining us but booking a separate room, which she would try to get as close to our room as possible.) I've only stayed at Pop Century, which was fine but we wanted to try a moderate. I was planning to stay at Coronado Springs, but the free dining rooms were limited and we didn't want to stay in a preferred room which was the only thing available. Then on whim we booked a garden view room at Port Orleans Riverside. Now I'm feeling nervous about the choice and wondering if we made a mistake. I'm worried that the transportation, which we thought wasn't great at Pop, is going to be even worse at POR. Can I get peoples' opinions as to how the bus transportation is? I'm also worried that the dining options are too limited - the table service is only available at dinner time, and the QS cafeteria seems more limited than the values. (My husband has celiac disease which is also something we have to take into consideration.) Any encouragement (or discouragement) on staying here would be appreciated!

Never had a problem with the buses. However, they do tend to be crowded in the evenings. You can always hop a french quarter bus and walk over.

I thought I read somewhere that all Garden View rooms are in AB. Is this correct?

I'm planning on doing a load of laundry on one of our rest days - do the laundry machines at POR take pods or liquid detergent? If pods, can I just bring one or two from home instead of having to buy at POR? Thanks!

I put my iPod air in the safe along with a couple of other things, but I'm not sure a true laptop would fit. I was there in March. I'm sure if someone has been able to fit one In there they will chime in.

I'd agree, unless you have a small laptop. That being said, I've never tried. My computer stays home when I go to Disney!

I thought I read somewhere that all Garden View rooms are in AB. Is this correct?

That is incorrect. Someone else said that earlier in this thread, so I'm not sure where this misinformation is coming from. All Garden View means is that it is not a river or pool view, but also not a parking lot view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter