Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know the current pool hours for the main pool? We will be at POR for the first time in 10 days!

Main pool hours are currently 9am-10pm, which should extend to 11pm for the summer. The quiet pools tend to be available 24 hours (unofficially).

Andre

Are there currently still alarm clocks in the rooms? I swear I read where they had been taken out, but I couldn't find the post when I tried to search.

Are there currently still alarm clocks in the rooms? I swear I read where they had been taken out, but I couldn't find the post when I tried to search.
In our recent stays at CBR, Yacht Club and Pop Century, we had no alarm clock in room. We simply phoned housekeeping and in all 3 cases, an alarm clock arrived at our room within 30 minutes.

Down to 40 days for me. I requested high floor/corner room. I've been pretty lucky with my requests...
I am 53 days out from our trip! This is our first stay at POR, we usually stay at WL. I have always requested a floor and side of the building at WL, but have no idea what to do at POR. I clicked on highest floor and corner room on the online check-in screen. Have you usually been placed in a mansion building with that request? I don't care which section we are in, just want to be on the top floor. Any suggestions of what I should do. We have a garden view room. I would like to be close to a quiet pool and able to get to Ol' Man Island easily. Thanks!!

I didn't have an alarm clock in AB room 3537 this past week. We just use our phones.

In our recent stays at CBR, Yacht Club and Pop Century, we had no alarm clock in room. We simply phoned housekeeping and in all 3 cases, an alarm clock arrived at our room within 30 minutes.

They've removed them. I don't mind one bit as we have always unplugged them anyhow so we can plug phones in.

Thanks all! Did they put a power strip or something in it's place? I will use my phone for the alarm but it would be nice if there's a place to plug in/ charge the multiple phones/ipad and I don't have to pack one.

Last May , when we were there, we just set up a wake up call. It was a phone call from a disney character. i distinctly remember Baymax. The kids loved those.

We just returned from POR on Friday. Our stay was amazing & I can not say enough great things about all the cast members at the resort. They were wonderful ! We booked a pool view room; requested early check in , ground floor, corner room , close to the food court & transportation. All our request were granted & were placed in AB 1624. Our room was quite, we never once heard another family above us or outside, The location was great for us. Upon check in my boys wanted to go straight to Ole Man island to enjoy the pool, it was a little crowded but to terrible. The rest of the week we enjoyed the quite pool, many times we were the only ones there. We enjoyed watching the little bunnies around the pool and there were many of them all over the resort.

We used the South Depot ,the buses were a little slow sometimes, but we were never there at peak times. We slept in & made it to the buses around 9:30ish each day, so that's probably why it seemed a little slow. The bus time monitors only work on one day during our stay, but it was accurate. Buses were full especially at night coming back from the parks , being the spring break crowds were wrapping up I figured they would full. We waited 40 minutes on a bus to pick up at Disney springs, it was miserable with two exhausted kids.
Our dinner at Boatwrights was one of our best meals during our stay & the service was great.

We are looking forward to staying at POR again soon, it was such a relaxed & enjoyable resort with much to offer all ages.

Thanks to everyone who answers the questions on this page & Andre for your website ! It is amazing

We waited 40 minutes on a bus to pick up at Disney springs, it was miserable with two exhausted kids.

Hi, I am curious why you chose the bus from Disney springs instead of the boat? Was the boat waits long too? We have planned a couple of Disney springs evenings on our trip and had planned using boat transportation.

Hi, I am curious why you chose the bus from Disney springs instead of the boat? Was the boat waits long too? We have planned a couple of Disney springs evenings on our trip and had planned using boat transportation.

It was around 10:00pm & the line was long, seemed like they only had 2 ferrys running (its 25 mins one way trip) . A cast member came up the line letting us know that it would be about 45 mins before we would be able to board due the the long line & they the buses would be quicker. With 2 small kids, we decided to catch a bus. Also it was kinda chilly at night, so im sure the boat ride would have been fairly cold.

Sorry, no. Meant to say we are NOT driving. We will be flying, so bringing our own isn't an option.

I was under the impression that pack n plays flew "free". We checked a stroller and a car seat on a recent flight and I'm pretty sure that I was told that pack n plays are also free.

Anyways, in 2013 we took our son on his first Disney trip when he was 2 years old. We stayed at Bay Lake Towers and requested a pack n play. While we did receive one I was very disappointed in it. I thought that it looked nothing short of filthy but we were stuck as I hadn't brought my own. Last year we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and requested bed rails for my son. Once again, the baby product was just filthy. I ended up requesting extra pillows that we put up against the bed rails to keep my son away from the disgusting bed rails.

I wish that I had known that you can rent from many different rental agencies in the area. I've been reading some really good things about several agencies but I don't have any personal experience with any of them. I'm unsure if we will need to rent anything this year as my son will now be 4 years old.

Good luck with whatever your decision is!

We had one mid February in our Royal Room.

Thanks all! Did they put a power strip or something in it's place? I will use my phone for the alarm but it would be nice if there's a place to plug in/ charge the multiple phones/ipad and I don't have to pack one.

I plugged my phone in behind the nightstand in a free plug there. Actually I plugged in a 4 USB charger and charged my phone, external charger, my Garmin Forerunner and my Beets headphones.

While we did receive one I was very disappointed in it. I thought that it looked nothing short of filthy but we were stuck as I hadn't brought my own.

This is my fear with using Disney's and why I always bring my own. We are staying at CR next month and DH wants to use the Disney one, but I'm afraid it won't be clean.

We had one mid February in our Royal Room.

I plugged my phone in behind the nightstand in a free plug there. Actually I plugged in a 4 USB charger and charged my phone, external charger, my Garmin Forerunner and my Beets headphones.

I honestly don't remember. I didn't think I had one, but I know I was there at the same time as you were! I do the same thing. I have a little tower that holds 4 USB cords. It's one of the best purchases I ever made. It takes up so much less room than a power strip and cords with plugs.

Last May , when we were there, we just set up a wake up call. It was a phone call from a disney character. i distinctly remember Baymax. The kids loved those.

I love the wake up call! I never had Baymax though! I think mine have always been the Fab 5.

Thanks for the update. It sounds like you had a great trip. We have dinner planned at Boatwrights on our arrival day and it's good to hear that it was great. :)

That's great to hear! I have stayed at POR many times and I'm always leery about trying Boatwright's because of negative reviews.

It was around 10:00pm & the line was long, seemed like they only had 2 ferrys running (its 25 mins one way trip) . A cast member came up the line letting us know that it would be about 45 mins before we would be able to board due the the long line & they the buses would be quicker. With 2 small kids, we decided to catch a bus. Also it was kinda chilly at night, so im sure the boat ride would have been fairly cold.
Hmmm, makes me wonder if I should take my car. The boat just seemed so easy. But I didn't think of long lines...

Hmmm, makes me wonder if I should take my car. The boat just seemed so easy. But I didn't think of long lines...

After 4pm the boats run directly to/from each resort (i.e. the POR boats do not also drop off guests at FQ) approximately even 15 minutes (used to be ten minutes, but a shared service). At busy times there can be a wait of a couple of boats.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter