• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Everything about our recent stay at POR was great except the bed which pretty much left us disappointed with this resort. King room in a preferred building (1401 to be exact) that was so uncomfortable. The bed had high spots and low spots and it felt like we were sleeping on springs. All the ambiance in the world can't offset not being able to sleep comfortably not to mention the effect it has on ones body after 5 nights of it. Hope others have had better bedding than we did.

Just wondering who else will be at POR the Week of March 26 - April 01. We will be in either Arcadian or Magnolia mansions. I know it will be crowded but it might be nice to run into a fellow Diser. We can't wait for the time to come, although part of the fun is the preplanning and the anticipation of the trip. When the time comes it just goes by so quickly and then I am depressed about real life again!!
I'll be there 3/28-4/1 in Alligator Bayou!

Our only stay at POR was in Alligator Bayou that my husband was not thrilled with. He really wants to stay in a Magnolia Bend room. Can someone tell me a good room to request. We are booked in a standard view. We don't mind walking. Just want the best standard view we can get! Thanks for any help
I love both Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace. I always ask for a location close to foot bridge. So although you'll prob be facing parking lot with standard view, you will be located in the side of building closest to bridge going to main buildings. And being in back (although which side of building is considered the back is debatable ;)) you will be closer to the satellite bus depots.

What did housekeeping say when you told them - did they replace it for you, and was the replacement better?

Andre
Somewhat a pseudo response Andre but your point is taken. No, we didn't tell them and in hindsight we should have if for no other reason than to save the next couple assigned to that room. We were off early each morning and back late. The bed was always an afterthought until we got back to the room and actually climbed into bed. By then we were so exhausted from the parks we felt we could "find a position/spot" to make work. Not giving them the chance to correct it is on us but really didn't expect we would or should have to on the most important item in the room. Worn out bedding is worn out bedding and that doesn't happen overnight. As I said in my OP, I hope others have better bedding than we did.

Also as I said in my OP, most everything else with the resort was great. The cast members were pleasant, the grounds were well groomed, the food court efficient. One thing that stood out was our dinning experience at Boatwrights. We had made dinner reservations at fine dining restaurants throughout our stay for each night except one and decided to eat at Boatwrights. Excellent food that surpassed several of our other restaurant experiences. Do try the gumbo.

No, we didn't tell them and in hindsight we should have if for no other reason than to save the next couple assigned to that room.
[...]
We had made dinner reservations at fine dining restaurants throughout our stay for each night except one and decided to eat at Boatwrights. Excellent food that surpassed several of our other restaurant experiences. Do try the gumbo.

Yes, Boatwright's is a bit of a hidden gem isn't it? I've heard a number so people say the same sort of thing as you - they decided to give it a try on a whim as it was local, are were very pleasantly surprised by what they found.

And you are right about the bedding, they can't fix something for you if they don't know it's broken. Often you can only tell that sort of thing by actually lying on the bed though. Luckily it doesn't seem to be a common issue anyway.

Andre

We are staying at POR for the first part (split-stay) of our vacation. We have a garden view reserved and I'm hoping to put in a request for a location that's close to busses and possibly food court and/or pool. It's our first time staying here so I have no idea what a good location would be. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

We are staying at POR for the first part (split-stay) of our vacation. We have a garden view reserved and I'm hoping to put in a request for a location that's close to busses and possibly food court and/or pool. It's our first time staying here so I have no idea what a good location would be. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Just ask for that.

Hello all, we may be staying here at the end of March. I know, Easter week! Wondering which section is better for us. Mom and 17 y/o daughter. No little kiddies. We will have a car. Would like to be close to resort restaurants and quiet pool (if there is such a thing). Thanks!

Hello all, we may be staying here at the end of March. I know, Easter week! Wondering which section is better for us. Mom and 17 y/o daughter. No little kiddies. We will have a car. Would like to be close to resort restaurants and quiet pool (if there is such a thing). Thanks!

There are five quiet pools at Riverside, so you're spoilt for choice! For close to the restaurants and to one of the quiet pools, your best option would be to book a Preferred Location room, that would give you all your requests. I'd suggest putting in a request for a non parking lot view though.

Andre

We stayed on the 2nd floor of building 35 2 weeks ago. The quiet pool was really nice and was close to the first morning bus stop, which did start before 7:00. We found this location to be pretty far from the main building and made carrying our own luggage difficult

I wonder how packed the parking lot would be in August at POR. We will be driving to WDW. Will we have a hard time finding a parking near the building??

Thanks! I have already been exploring this site and the views from the rooms. But it helps so much to hear from those who have stayed in the mansions and know which buildings they like. Especially if you aren't paying for preferred.

I love both Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace. I always ask for a location close to foot bridge. So although you'll prob be facing parking lot with standard view, you will be located in the side of building closest to bridge going to main buildings. And being in back (although which side of building is considered the back is debatable ;)) you will be closer to the satellite bus depots.

Great info! Thanks so much

I wonder how packed the parking lot would be in August at POR. We will be driving to WDW. Will we have a hard time finding a parking near the building??
We've been several times in August and have never had a problem with parking.

I've always noticed loads of parking spaces in August. I dony think many drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter